The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wait till investigations are over, right now every media house is busy sensationalizing this news, without credible sources. It's cricket, a lot of people will know the players, just cos they know them names should not be dragged in this. Never has our media behaved responsibly, a*s holes were busy live telecasting mumbai attack proceedings, what do you expect from such TRP hungry medium.

I would only listen to what comes from oficial channels and believe them, which wver player has been involved should be banned for life, no exceptions, but wait till truth is out just don't speculate.

Hmmm...ok. I have been cautious, will wait till he appears in front of cops today.

ok riddle me this.

i am seeing a lot of money valuations and big BIG numbers being thrown around. does ipl really generate that much value to have bookies put so much at stake ? same question goes for franchise sales.

i mean lets be honest, it is Cricket we are talking about, a game played in 12 countries and at best in 7 with some seriousness. india generates over 75% of money alone and we are not amongst the richie rich countries.

ipl itself is mainly a domestic tournament. nba and european football leaguez particularly of england and spain have a much bigger and wide reaching fan following and they run for 8-10 months giving them more time to generate revenue unlike the 2 month ipl.

so from where exactly do these franchise owners and big bookies plan to recover their costs ? is the ipl valuation all speculation ? is it a haven for black money investment ? what ??

and one more thing, to the people who are defending ipl by saying it is a pvt company, well the bcci doesnt think it os when it comes to paying taxes. suddenly it becomes a public interest service as soon as IRS/IT demand legit payment.

hell even bcci is a pvt company in broad terms. The indian xi they put out is in no way sanctioned by the govt of india to be called as the indian cricket team that represents the Indian union. Yet bcci has mountain upon mountains of tax evasion charges as it professes itself to be an entity in public service but doesnt allow governmental scrutiny.

ok riddle me this.

i am seeing a lot of money valuations and big BIG numbers being thrown around. does ipl really generate that much value to have bookies put so much at stake ? same question goes for franchise sales.

i mean lets be honest, it is Cricket we are talking about, a game played in 12 countries and at best in 7 with some seriousness. india generates over 75% of money alone and we are not amongst the richie rich countries.

ipl itself is mainly a domestic tournament. nba and european football leaguez particularly of england and spain have a much bigger and wide reaching fan following and they run for 8-10 months giving them more time to generate revenue unlike the 2 month ipl.

so from where exactly do these franchise owners and big bookies plan to recover their costs ? is the ipl valuation all speculation ? is it a haven for black money investment ? what ??

Well, according to the ratings, IPL 6 has reached over 100 million viewers. Ad sales were in the region of 1000 crores for this years event alone.

Each team gets a share of the TV rights. 2 billion split 9 ways (BCCI takes a cut) over a period of 10 years is decent money.

As for the 1500 crores bookies speculation, why stop at that figure. Add another zero. It's all in the air anyway.

and one more thing, to the people who are defending ipl by saying it is a pvt company, well the bcci doesnt think it os when it comes to paying taxes. suddenly it becomes a public interest service as soon as IRS/IT demand legit payment.

hell even bcci is a pvt company in broad terms. The indian xi they put out is in no way sanctioned by the govt of india to be called as the indian cricket team that represents the Indian union. Yet bcci has mountain upon mountains of tax evasion charges as it professes itself to be an entity in public service but doesnt allow governmental scrutiny.

Yeah, well they ended up getting taxed anyway.

Would you rather have it under government control? Honestly?

exactly the specualtions in this entire saga is way too much, anyone who thinks he can do maths is setting up numbers and running across to dubai to find a link :giggle:

ok riddle me this.

Apparently yes, each franchise spends 80-200cr every year on the fee, returns are on stadium entry/sponsorship/TV rights.

Even Pune will make around 125cr, they will be in RED, but most of the franchises go home in Black.

Yeah so? BCCI sold TV right sold for 3850 crore for 5 years. 770 crores a year, and I am not even counting the sponsorship and ad revenues.

I think cricket viewership has increased drastically over the years, even NBA acknowledge how big the IPL has become.

A lot of money came in through tax havens, as alleged. Edited by Udham

I vote for a centralized sports account, what all sports earn goes into a common account and should be used to help all sport, equally. That would be perfect. That is how we can make India do better in a lot many sports

Cricket money should be invested in cricket. Use the taxes BCCI pays, for other sports, that should be more than enough.

Dafuq did I just read.

FYI, here is the dafuq which I think you didn't read : http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/603528.html

and how they handled Hockey, Government is just busy eating money. Not sure what the f**ckin politicians would do with so much money. Some one in my group commented nicely "Take only that you live happily, not that your 10 gen live happily" :P

Edited by AtheK

Dafuq did I just read.

FYI, here is the dafuq which I think you didn't read : http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/603528.html

Heh. If you read carefully, the tax notices was for income from the franchise fee, which BCCI distributes to states affiliates.

IT wants to tax both, parent and affiliates, that is rediculous.

They still paid 1000 out of 2300cr asked.

I vote for a centralized sports account, what all sports earn goes into a common account and should be used to help all sport, equally. That would be perfect. That is how we can make India do better in a lot many sports

All will go to politicians.

Wait till investigations are over, right now every media house is busy sensationalizing this news, without credible sources. It's cricket, a lot of people will know the players, just cos they know them names should not be dragged in this. Never has our media behaved responsibly, a*s holes were busy live telecasting mumbai attack proceedings, what do you expect from such TRP hungry medium.

I would only listen to what comes from oficial channels and believe them, which wver player has been involved should be banned for life, no exceptions, but wait till truth is out just don't speculate.

+1

I want a common pool because all sport persons work hard, as hard as they can but get peanuts.

the best of our hockey players like in such houses that we would be ashamed to see.

there should be no differentiation in sports, one common account, all sports get equal funds

Cricketer saale 15 bike khareed rahe hain aur Hockey players ke paas dhang ke ghar bhi nhn

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic