The Android Thread

pArth

^^ Not impressed with the internals of the Galaxy Nexus. My SGS2 will blow it away on the hardware front. Plus, it uses the same Super AMOLED screen as the Note (PenTile) without the benefit of Gorilla Glass (like my SGS2). I like the Note for the higher screen resolution, the faster Exynos processor and the stylus based customizations.

^^ Not impressed with the internals of the Galaxy Nexus. My SGS2 will blow it away on the hardware front. Plus, it uses the same Super AMOLED screen as the Note (PenTile) without the benefit of Gorilla Glass (like my SGS2). I like the Note for the higher screen resolution, the faster Exynos processor and the stylus based customizations.

:eyepop: whoa i didnt know all that.

My SGS2 is smiling now

@ambar: I'll be in Mumbai for the next week starting this weekend. If the Note is available during that time, we can talk.

:wOOtjumpy: Ok, I am going to buy SGS 2 anyways (most probably, 90% chance, have a 2500 worth Croma voucher :D), so let me know and I can get yours instead of brand new. BTW how old is the phone?

:eyepop: whoa i didnt know all that.

My SGS2 is smiling now

Yup. The Galaxy Nexus and the Note use the same screen tech as the original Galaxy S while the SGS2 uses the newer Super AMOLED PLUS screen (non-PenTile). The Note has a marginally higher screen resolution than the Galaxy Nexus while using a 1.4 GHz Exynos compared to the tired TI OMAP in the Galaxy Nexus. The Note is outstanding in benchmarks, kicking the SGS2's butt in spite of the much much higher screen resolution

Well, of course SGS2 owners have no need to be feeling envious of GN except for GN owners getting ICS first. i was jus wondering why'd u sell it and get the note. Hopefully ICS arrives on the SGS2 asap.

Although I think the Moto Razr holds the trump card on hardware today. Looks good, but software wise its a bummer, not to mention the shiticious Motoblur.

I feel if you want tablet features, its better to get the 7" tab or 9 inch tab. U get lot more real estate to use the stylus and also hold impromptu presentations on it. 5.3 is not here nor there, hence my criticism of the phone.

Edited by Death Stryke

that is what happens when you read a lot into technology

so pen Tile is inferior because -- only because it uses 2 sub-pixels each pixel as compared to the conventional 3 (RGB) per pixel

frankly your eye would not be able to notice this in day today use

not saying that having 3 sub-pixels each pixel is not better but not that it would really matter so much

not saying that having 3 sub-pixels each pixel is not better but not that it would really matter so much

Well if you put it side by side, you can see the differences in screen quality. And why not get the best for the price?

BTW can we play DVDrips directly on SGS 2? Or we can even play 720p/1080p also? As it records and plays videos at 1080p, I dont see how its not possible.