The Android Thread

pArth

Any suggestions? I'm totally blank on dual-sim phones.

SAMSUNG Galaxy S Grand Dous. Nothing apart from this one I know, or maybe the SAMSUNG Galaxy S Duos. Local price maybe more appealing.

If he wants some cheapers options, suggest him to go through the Micromax and Karbonn catalogues, although after sales and developer support would be minimum for these.

Edited by ALPHA17

Got Xperia Z for sister. Not really impressed with the phone. Screen is meh, there is slight lag while launching a new app. The removal of all those slots to charge, attach headphone etc is irritating. Charging cable given by Sony is smallest EVER. And phone is finger print magnet. Got it for 37k with one Sony headphone (it is an awesome headphone :D ) , a bluetooth headset, flip cover and screen guards. She is happy so whatever.

Now played around with HTC One and Galaxy S4. HTC One looks gorgeous, but there was slight lag even in the menu. Screen was better than Xperia Z. Galaxy S4's screen was the best by far, but there was Galaxy Grand just beside it and it looked way too similar. :doh:

Also menu wise, Xperia Z's OS is very slick and is intuitive. Samsung needs to learn a lot when it comes to designing a slick interface.

Going to buy a phone. Will be using it for very basic stuff, mostly music and internet browsing...Have narrowed it down to four phones :

Xperia Sp - Speaker, camera and display very average, otherwise a very good phone

Nexus 4 - Awesome display. Camera not as good as the S3, couldn't test the speaker as there wasn't any media. Phone overheated in the 5 mins I demoed it. More importantly, kinda outta my budget (23k)

S3 - Loved the phone but hate samsung plastic :| Everything is awesome except the battery life.

HTC One - Have no clue about this. My brother suggested this, have been reading mixed reviews about the phone and horror after sales service of HTC.

Also, specs aren't the deciding factor for me. UI and hardware durability is!

Going to buy a phone. Will be using it for very basic stuff, mostly music and internet browsing...Have narrowed it down to four phones :

Xperia Sp - Speaker, camera and display very average, otherwise a very good phone

Nexus 4 - Awesome display. Camera not as good as the S3, couldn't test the speaker as there wasn't any media. Phone overheated in the 5 mins I demoed it. More importantly, kinda outta my budget (23k)

S3 - Loved the phone but hate samsung plastic :| Everything is awesome except the battery life.

HTC One - Have no clue about this. My brother suggested this, have been reading mixed reviews about the phone and horror after sales service of HTC.

How is SONY XPERIA SP in your budget if the Nexus4 is out of it?

How come you dislike the SONY's display, it is at par with other screens, save for the viewing angle issue that really has not bothered anyone I know off (and myself), unless you plan to screen movies on it. Speakers too are not bad, just lower volume output, this =/= poor speakers.

The hTC One is way overboard your budget, close too ~40000/- and very hard to source currently, no idea about hTC after-sales.

I think the SONY XPERIA L is the best bet for your needs (dunno your budget) or if you can live with the plastic build the SAMSUNG Galaxy S III which again overshoots your budget.

Edited by ALPHA17

New Nexus 4 white on ebay after 6.8% coupon costed 23900/- with one year LG India warranty.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Google-LG-Nexus-4-LG-E960-16GB-BRAND-NEW-1-Year-LG-India-warranty-/271215802813?pt=IN_Mobile_Phones&hash=item3f25b8b9bd&_uhb=1#ht_7618wt_802

Sent from my Nexus 4

Coupon code please.

Went to buy the Nexus 4 for my bro and then he looked at HTC one and well next is anyone guess :P

Selling for 38,950 in bangalore with some stupid handset free.

Congrats mate

Thanks, bro.

It wasn't an easy choice to make. Then I did the best thing : took my wife to a mobile store and showed her the options : S4, One, XZ, Note 2. I get bonus points for taking her choice into consideration :notangel: .

^^ iinm.. the options atm are the chinese phones. Not too many known branded stuff floating about.

SAMSUNG Galaxy S Grand Dous. Nothing apart from this one I know, or maybe the SAMSUNG Galaxy S Duos. Local price maybe more appealing.

If he wants some cheapers options, suggest him to go through the Micromax and Karbonn catalogues, although after sales and developer support would be minimum for these.

Thanks, yes it looks like those 2 Samsung options are the only branded ones on the table.

Well this Sony Android OS skin is POS. Hanging every time I go to Volumes in Settings or Battery Usage in Power Management. Any Xperia Z users can try that and let me know if it works fine please? Also it has stopped playing any kind of sound now :doh: Even the custom ROMs I tried on S2 were more stable than this :doh: :doh:

Well this Sony Android OS skin is POS. Hanging every time I go to Volumes in Settings or Battery Usage in Power Management. Any Xperia Z users can try that and let me know if it works fine please? Also it has stopped playing any kind of sound now :doh: Even the custom ROMs I tried on S2 were more stable than this :doh: :doh:

It could be a hw issue. Not saying it definitely is, but could be. Can you post a logcat?

Works absolutely fine here.

Never happened to me too. Are you on 434 or 253 firmware? You could try updating.