Goodbyes thread

Sackboy

Ok let me be honest here, there are two types of people who get into IIT

one: who are genuinely intelligent and a have a passion for solving problems, any type of problems. Who genuinely like doing that. It is like a game for them. The enjoy it.

two: who mug up steps to solve a problem and practice them over and over and then over again. they mostly do not actually like any subject. They just want to solve everything.

I know both the type of people in real life and successful at that in cracking JEE with good ranks.

but there is life beyond IIT as well. IIT is not the only place producing Engineers. In fact IIT produces more IIM and IIS aspirants than people who actually continue Engineering. :P

You should study, definitely. if ever there is a time then 11th and 12th it is. But do not pressurize yourself. Give it your best, identify your weak points, work on them. You will succeed. But rest assured success does not only mean a degree from IIT nor does a degree from IIT guarantee success. IITs are the best colleges we have for Engineering so they should be the aim definitely, but at the same time be vigilant about other colleges as well. You want to be an Engineer then work towards it and do your best. A little discipline always helps. Preparation times are crazy. I still remember my time. get up at 4:30, reach Chemistry tuition by 5, leave from there by 7 to reach school at 7:40, leave from school to reach Mathematics tuition by 3:30, leave from there to reach Physics tuition by 6, leave from there to reach home at 8:30. At around 9 start solving all the assigned problems and then sleep when it was done, usually 12:30 to 1 and then the same cycle again.

And I used to sleep a lot in school. Yeah, i had to. that was the only place I could sleep :P

I did not make it to an IIT because I sucked at Chemistry, I HATED it. I loved Physics and solved any problem that I found anywhere. Heck I used to solve Physics problems in my Chemistry classes. NOT A GOOD IDEA.

Do not make similar mistakes. Work towards improving things that you lack in rather than continue enjoying your success in things that you are good at. It is a chasm that you can easily fall into.

I would've got through if I had worked a little towards my Chemistry. Do I regret it, well at times yes. But do I have a miserable life because I did not make it to an IIT ? NO, far from it. I still have a wonderful life, maybe a little lesser money, but a good life none the less.

I know I have written a lot, maybe because your condition reminds me a little of my own that was, all I wanted to say is that work hard but do not over-pressurize yourself. Success is not only about IIT. It is wonderful if you can get through. But God forbid, sadly if you do not then there are still a lot of other good colleges.

No wonder I'm the only one in my entire division who is from Commerce background working in IT all my colleagues are either from IIT and other reputed engineering institutes but I match them very well.

Jiggy our place in IVG is endangered, there is another drama queen in making :rant:

There is no need to make a separate goodbye thread, you cannot make a resolution to stop visiting IVG. Its like Sex, why stop it when its fun. Eventually if you get busy in academics, u will stop posting and logging in and this wont happen after taking any decision, it would just happen without u knowing about it. There was a period of time when i was quite inactive during my academics and hunt for Job. Not visiting IVG only made my life worse, even though i did decent in academics i got a very uninteresting job which i quit in mere 3 days (despite being surrounded by super hot chicks in work place). So take my advice, stop studying it wont do any good for you and most importantly stop being a drama queen. IVG can afford to have only me and Jiggy any more and place will go into meltdown.

Also, whenever you can come to my balcony

When did GS join the drama queen club? :loco:

I was the founding member and sole proprietor thus far. We also run a sister concern called "Drama Queer" club where incumbents can run "wilder" if they so please. :arigato:

You mean just an another average Indian student?

No.

I mean "just-another-brainwashed-individual-who-thinks-engineering/IIT", is the the only way to earn moolah.

The next thing you know, the guy is contributing to an already f**ked up brain-drain level.

Anyway, whatever. Good luck to you. Pursue engineering. Let the brainwashed faggots in the society take over your own mind, for all I care.

:lol: .

No.

I mean "just-another-brainwashed-individual-who-thinks-engineering/IIT", is the the only way to earn moolah.

The next thing you know, the guy is contributing to an already f**ked up brain-drain level.

Anyway, whatever. Good luck to you. Pursue engineering. Let the brainwashed faggots in the society take over your own mind, for all I care.

:lol: .

I love Non IItians (like you) ..

These are the people who didn't get in IIT so why not blame IIT ... It is the shittiest overrated college :lol:

Brain drain Blah Blah ...

IITians go out of India because they get a higher salary there joh unki aukad ko suit karti hai :)

Archived