Ps4 or Xbox one for USA

Below are some of the highlights showing the benefits of XBOX ONE over PS4.

1) No doubt PS4 is more powerful and hence capable of 1080p games compared to XBOX ONE. But in case you are using a small screen TV less than 40 inches, then this matters less and therefore graphics are comparable in this situation. Without a doubt, games run well on the XBOX ONE too, but just better on PS4.

2) Microsoft is throwing discounts every month and just recently gave away almost all the XBOX one games for 50% to 60% off (plus 10% off if you have XBOX Live Gold subscription) during the Ultimate games sale that occurred this last weekend. Below is the link that gives details on what games were on sale and for how much.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-06-xbox-ultimate-game-sale-prices-now-live

3) Microsoft has reduced the XBOX live gold subscription charges in India to a significant amount, 350 INR Monthly and 2240 INR Yearly. Further to this subscription, Microsoft is also giving atleast one AAA title and then another Indie game free which has been great. Just this month, Assassin's Creed Black flag was given for free and another Indie game which is fair enough. Along with this, you get 60-75% off on some games for the same month. Sony charges 530 INR Monthly and 3999 INR Yearly for PS plus subscription, almost double the price of XBOX Live subscription charges.

4) If you happened to have too many equipment's for your living room, then the XBOX ONE is ideal for connecting them all together, referring to DTH set top box that can be connected to your console. This has been explained in detail by many foreign reviewers about the XBOX ONE capability of being a All in one entertainment system.

5) You can safely say that this year 2015, XBOX ONE has great exclusives lined up and gives you better options for games at the moment.

6) The multiplayer is superb on the XBOX ONE, no hassles at all. An example for this would be Forza Motorsport 5 online multiplayer that uses the Cloud based connectivity for and seems to be very good.

7) This might not turn to everyone, XBOX ONE is backward compatible to play XBOX 360 games. At the moment this seems alright because you might think, who want's to play old generation games in a new generation Console, while that's true but this opens up a lot of doors for many gamers who didn't get a chance to play XBOX 360 games, especially in India as many of us never purchased an XBOX 360 Console (give it to the Red Ring of death and the XBOX Live charges for multiplayer) when compared to PS3. Once this is implemented, which Microsoft claims will be available this fall (November), then you will be getting free XBOX 360 games too in your XBOX live gold subcription and who wouldn't want to play a game when it's thrown for free. Not to menton XBOX 360 had very good multiplayer games.

8) Currently the console is priced cheaper than the PS4 and would often be discounted which was going on sale for about 29,990 on Amazon earlier. I'm suspecting this offer might occur again.

9) If you are a windows user, then there is a strong integration as Microsoft is launching Windows 10 on the XBOX ONE. This gives you more options in utilizing the Console in many ways like you could stream your games from your XBOX ONE to your PC. It might not appeal to everyone, but I think it open's more doors for developers to utilize the Console for many applications.

The only regret would be when Uncharted 4, Last of US 2 and many such games arrive on the PS4, which I'm sure they will and would probably be launched starting from next year onwards.

Certainly in no way is the XBOX ONE Inferior as how many people over the Internet happen to be talking about.

• 2 weeks later...

You're asking him to spend twice what he wants to

Well had he been purchasing this system from India he would have to spend same amount. So comparing to Indian value he is getting 2 systems for the price of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ThE JuGgErNaUT

I understand you bought PS4 from USA, could you help me with following query:

• there's no power issue 110v?
  • indian game disc can be played on PS4 bought from USA?
  • warranty won't be available?
  • any other point to be kept in mind before or after buying from USA

To answer your question.

1) even though PS4 works directly with Indian output. But there is a chance of over voltage etc. so it is better to have an inverter.

2) PS4 is region free like PS3. So you can play any games from any region. The DLC on the other hand are region locked and based on your account. Research this before getting the DLC to redeem.

3) No warranty available if purchased from US.

4) No idea.

• 1 year later...

Buying a ps4 from usa will require a different power cable to be used in INDIA or is it dual voltage?

Same cable works fine. I for one am using without inverter but that's a huge risk. There's hardly power cuts in Mumbai so I don't require inverter. But its a risk I am taking. My PS3 worked fine so I figured ps4 will be fine too. And it has proved my point.

Archived