Rant: FIFA 17 - PS3 Glitch

abhi.eternal

To start off, FIFA 17 is not a cheap game. I understand that people these days are buying PS4s and XB1s. But if EA is making a game for PS3, shouldn't they do it properly? After all, they are not giving it away for free or cheap.

For the most part, kick-off and the 45/90 minutes goals remains. I can live with that as it goes both ways for me and my opponent. However, I cannot accept that many times I cannot see any of my players. I have checked EA threads and found that there are others who can't see the ball or their opponents. This is a serious issue. I usually opt for mutual quit and some times the opponent agrees. But if he/she doesn't then it becomes a very difficult game, more so if they are a Div 1/2 level player. This sometimes happen for games after games. I have written in EA forums, sent then tweets but no one cares. Is there any f***ing way to get them fix this? This game is hardly 6 months old!

They cannot because the hardware is limited. They are still running on old Impact engine while next-gen consoles and PC have moved to Impact to Ignite to Frostbite now.

You cannot expect flawless gameplay on a decade old system.

It's time to upgrade.

That's EA for you. Same sh*t happened in nfs rivals. Don't think they'll fix it.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

NFS too? Really? Is it like you can't see your opponents' cars? If yes, then damn!

They cannot because the hardware is limited. They are still running on old Impact engine while next-gen consoles and PC have moved to Impact to Ignite to Frostbite now.

You cannot expect flawless gameplay on a decade old system.

It's time to upgrade.

I understand the limitations, that is why I am not asking EA for story mode or whatever new features. I agree the console is old and the game stutters when there is rain but what I have mentioned is a bug, which occurs very frequently. If only someone at EA was a bit serious, they could have fixed this with an update.

Another stupid thing I have noticed - If I play with Bayern Munich against Real Madrid and RM is in their black kit, the referee also wears black. This makes it quite difficult as the peripheral vision counts the ref as one of RM players. I wonder if EA actually did any proper QA before releasing this game for PS3.

Nope. The game didn't work online at all. It would just freeze the ps3.

Their official "fix" asked us to play it on offline which is ridiculous as the game's usp was online Gameplay.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

What the f***?

Even I have noticed sometime the game (FIFA17) will freeze my PS3 and the only option is to manually reboot the console.

Another stupid thing I have noticed - If I play with Bayern Munich against Real Madrid and RM is in their black kit, the referee also wears black. This makes it quite difficult as the peripheral vision counts the ref as one of RM players. I wonder if EA actually did any proper QA before releasing this game for PS3.

If it helps, this also occurs randomly on PC/next-gen consoles.

Back then during kit selection, the game automatically selected the kits regardless what you chose. It was a hilarious bug and lasted for months before they patched it out.

Example: while moving analogue stick between kit selection, no matter what you select, the game already does it for you. But it won't show till you are in-game. This caused so many quits. Red kit on screen, but in-game white kit and opponent also wears a white kit. IBuM9UB.png

As for bugs, if it occurs outside FUT mode, then EA is not going to bother for a long time or at all. Sorry. 873uPjL.png

(you can try posting on /r/FIFA during peak hours and hope for a reply or a solution)

If it helps, this also occurs randomly on PC/next-gen consoles.

Back then during kit selection, the game automatically selected the kits regardless what you chose. It was a hilarious bug and lasted for months before they patched it out.

Example: while moving analogue stick between kit selection, no matter what you select, the game already does it for you. But it won't show till you are in-game. This caused so many quits. Red kit on screen, but in-game white kit and opponent also wears a white kit. IBuM9UB.png

As for bugs, if it occurs outside FUT mode, then EA is not going to bother for a long time or at all. Sorry. 873uPjL.png

(you can try posting on /r/FIFA during peak hours and hope for a reply or a solution)

White kit vs white kit. Well, that sucks. Imagine PSG vs RM both in their whites. But then again, as you mentioned this happens/happened sometimes. For me, it's always!

I guess I can try /r/FIFA as final resort hoping someone at EA will bother to read and fix.

Well, I gave up PC gaming a long time ago. My desktop's config is i3/8GB/RadeonHD6670 hackintoshed and laptop's is i3/4GB/nVidia410M. I guess I can play some old games and they work fine for my work purpose. May be I'll go back to PC gaming someday but for now it's gonna be consoles. Maybe I'll get a XB1 next. Still undecided though.

Ah, little short to run FIFA 17. Maybe someday if you plan to get back to PC gaming and play FIFA, feel free to ping. iamLToo.png

As for consoles, I cannot really comment but both are very good for FIFA. Xbox One does get legends for FUT (if you are into it). PlayStation does seem to have a good edge on Xbox One when it comes to exclusive titles, though.

Feel free to check out the console discussion thread if you have any query.

Good luck.

Archived