The Elder Scrolls Online

dylanjosh

TES is not known for it's combat. It's know for its LORE which is more important in video gaming and it's probably the best lore out there.

About combat, yes it sucks, but it's still very much playable for SP game.

Its definitely not known for its combat and SP games very much need interesting gameplay as you will be playing alone.

I also feel witcher 2 superior to skyrim, both story and combat. Skyrim literally have only 3 moves Block, light attack, hold to heavy attack. The Magic and Bow are cool though, also stealth was also good.

I have no idea how skyrim got more score over dark souls, witcher 2 and dragons dogma from reviewers. Dragons dogma had bad story, but skyrim had nothing better than dark souls and witcher 2, be it story, characters, gameplay or even lore. 1 thing it had is "vast open world" which i think is not really such a great thing considering there arnt many different types of ladscapes like in dark souls. Dark souls had blighttown, demon ruins, new londo, anor londo, sen's castle, darkroot garden, catacombs, tomb of gaints all are unique landscapes.

Imo the scores should be like Dark Souls -10, witcher 2 - 9, dargon's dogma - 8, skyrim-8

Its definitely not known for its combat and SP games very much need interesting gameplay as you will be playing alone.

I also feel witcher 2 superior to skyrim, both story and combat. Skyrim literally have only 3 moves Block, light attack, hold to heavy attack. The Magic and Bow are cool though, also stealth was also good.

You really need to get a basic PC (with Dx 9.0c support) to play the original Witcher.That game had a much tighter sense of writing (both lore and quest) than even the sequel. I still feel it to be the renaissance point of most modern RPG's.

The Lore is better off simply thanks to the writings of Andrzej Sapkowski on which the franchise is based. The combat because the first game garnered a lot of criticism of how it handled the combat in the original.

Overall, I think SKYRIM and The Witcher are catering for different audience types and I simply love the latter for the tighter narrative focus and splendid writing which is glaringly lacking in the former. This same thought can be applied to Dark Souls and other RPG's which exist.

TES is not known for it's combat. It's know for its LORE which is more important in video gaming and it's probably the best lore out there.

Elder Scrolls lore is pretty weak in my opinion.

It tries to build a patchwork of things to attract the player, there are no hard choices, the Elder Scrolls *from where the game derives its name* are MacGuffin's and your character is Deus Ex Machina personified.

The Elder scrolls have succeeded because of the illusion of grandeur and choice with no competitive titles that can claim the crown for their own. Mostly developers / publishers that try to emulate this end up spreading themselves to breaking point and failing.

Damnit! My father wants me to attend a marrige, wont be playing from 2230 to 0030 hrs.

For me, TES is not for lore rather the Magic aspect of it. Its the ONLY game after DnD (including wizardry, neverwinter) that has such a vast variety of magic skills and abilities. No other game can match it. Deus Ex is also good, it has nice set of augments but none of his augments can release fire or frost etc. DnD is kinda third person, TES is FPS in comparison to it.

New char Breton...name: Nrdraco

60GB is not the size of full version, its just that game wont instal unless there is double the hard disk space. Thats y its mentioned 60.

The game requires min. of 40gb (unofficial space) to install, but officially its 60GB. The original (base) game size is 21GB. The patch can be 5-7GB

I just lost all the items in my bank...... :doh:

Edit: Restarted the game, all my items are back.

Joe, post here that you are in-game and edit it when you leave the game.

I dont think the friends system has been implemented yet. I just added some1 infront of me and it said acc not found

EDIT 1: Okay, I m in-game.

Edit 2: Goodnyt guys

ESO UnBoxed - by unpaid end-game user. Please note, Spoilers and heartbreaking things ahead. You will find theorotical comparisons to GW2 and seldomly DotA.

1. Questing: Yes, you dont have to kill 10 skeevers at any point of the game. That doesnt mean you wont have to kill 5 werewolfs and capture them and after cure is found, kill 5 werewolfs and heal them (wait, what are you thinking? they hit you and you will be a werewolf? HAHA :lol: , no u wont. Be serious, this game aint a joke :nono: )
No, it aint like guild wars 2 where you can make game-world changing decisions. Every quest is like
a. findout who is behind the plot by collecting from xx's bag. You may have to, not possibly wear yy disguise.
b. Collect item, return to quest giver
c. Go kill the the living being behind it.
d. On your path you will face few enemy creeps which not necessarily need to be dispatched unless they are eating your head/backside. You can slip past the enemy's pressing the Ctrl (sneak) button but you wont gain any Sneak ability experience.
A v.few quests are diff like clues on map and find out on your map, or treasure maps giving clues to next area. Oh! and the treasure is not a big one.
Questing is good and varied, will keep you engaged, rewards are same as every other MMO. Tho the flow feels no different than other MMOs.

2. Dungeon Quests: Whats the biggest and most commonly faced pain in dungeon quests? Yes you guessed it right, the words LFG/need healer. What, GW2 removed it? If Yes, then sorry, bethesda believes that that pain is needed to socialize with community. Tho you wont face them much, but at the end of the day healer saves you from the hangover or the pain (lots of pain u face in the next morning, i dont have to remind you), be it in PvP or dungeon.

3.a. Leveling: No, you cant level up by exploiting which enemy creep gives you best exp per time taken to kill it per level (tho you get some experience). Only way is to do quests. Other ways that contribute to leveling in a small way is discover new locations. I dont think leveling skill gains you chararcter leveling experience. Skills are leveled by using them or completing any quest (all known skills gain exp).

3.b. Paths: What? You want to know about skill leveling? You hungry to know that the 3 paths assigned to each class can be intervened? You can rest your doubts, the holy-molly answer is Yes. For example: The sorcerer class has 3 paths, namely, Storm calling, Dark magic, Daedric summoning. You can assign skills to any of them. Tho there is a catch (ofcos there had to be), even tho you can find many skill points while exploring the whole game, its going to be a grind fest of perception, smashing of WASD keys. Means you will have to explore a lot, seriously, a lot. Now the real question is, how to combine path skills to make my char OP at early and mid-game(< lvl 50) stages? You will have to think very carefully as to what build you are going to make, prioritize you fav skills the moment you enter the game (dont tell me that you dont know about the skills in game, what were you doing in TES12345) and start v.slowly to capture each of them. Most skills are useless in mid/late game, so dont take them.

4.Enchanting: Changed from before TES. The function is same, but to discover new enchantments is more like alchemy. Each enchantment has 3 diff materials, each material has 1 unknown property (dont ask me how to find property, u alrdy know the process). You cant gain enchantment from weapon/armor.

5. Equipment traits: Thats a tough one. I cudnt explore much but i think in few cases its a grind/trade fest. Like you can enchant a weap/armor, same addition are these traits. An equipment can have an echanement and trait. Traits are like weap crits more, u can gain extra exp in the weap skills, extra % armor...total traits are 7 i think. You cant use a trait researched (new term for disenchant or learn enchantment from weap) in light armor, in medium armor even tho they all are same. For med armor, find (by looting or trading) a med armor with your trait requirement. Even tho you researched your fav trait, you need to find the specific crafting material to apply that trait. Now again find the material. Suppose you found material also at lvl25. Now you reach lvl30, again go and find the material for your 5 sets of armor (one for each).

6. Crafting: Basic function is same as every other MMO. Its more rewarding and easier once you have researched your fav trait. Finding special materials is tough. Crafting skills are not very helpful, so its better to spend skill points in you secondary class path. You sly fox, are you thinking of making alts just to craft so that you save precious skill points on your main char? Forget it, bethesda made it.....complicated. You will only find materials related to your level...like 1-9, 10-19. If you are lvl 5, you vl only find materials for levels 1-9, not of higher levels. So, your crafting altS will have to level up simultaneously with you main char. Workaround- have friends and divide each crafting profession among yourselves.

7.a. Combat: Once you get the concept, its ok (refer to page 7 or 6 for the concept). tho what Joe Cool negatively said about it is highly agreeable. If some1 is attacking you, you wont bother to block it. Its just spamming of skills, nothing else. It aint like witcher or dark souls that you bother to keep your guard up and strike at optimum opportunity. Same as evry other MMO out there.

7.b. Synergy: You have heard about it once, Yes, Only Once. Where? Where? Remember... Guild Wars 2. Synergy is a term for cross-class skill combination, The Biggest and Brain-Storming experience in an MMO, for an MMO. Lets cut to the point, its not good. Highly non-practical and negatively rewarding. Also you will read that Many combinations are available, pull out a Law 80 and fire it in the mouth of those who say it :raygun: . Maybe many are available, but few are acceptable in practical fights.
Example: a skill of sorcerer, create a pool of lightning for 3sec on ground, those who will attack from ground will have 70 added lightning dmg.
1) In 3 sec u will be be able to fire only 1 hit, B) melee chars in PvP wont be able to use it much :saberfite: , only useful for ranged, c) max 3 ppl in a group will be ranged (one is you), so only 2 will use it, d) 2 ppl use it for a total of 140 dmg extra, e) instead u can use a basic mage skill for 110 dmg + 2sec knock down+ added passive buffs

Well thats my point of view. I see a drastically reduced learning curve from DotA, DnD and TES12345. If Moderators feel this post is good and NDA breaking, then make this thread accessible only to those who have login'ed to IVG forum :banned: (ban guests from reading it). Please Dont hate me if you didnt like my post.

1. Questing: Yes, you dont have to kill 10 skeevers at any point of the game. That doesnt mean you wont have to kill 5 werewolfs and capture them and after cure is found, kill 5 werewolfs and heal them (wait, what are you thinking? they hit you and you will be a werewolf? HAHA :lol: , no u wont. Be serious, this game aint a joke :nono: )

It's beta and quests are not fully complete. Plus, you very well know about MMO quests. Starts weak but slowly gets better.

EDIT: Name 1 MMO which has "awesome" starting quests.

No, it aint like guild wars 2 where you can make game-world changing decisions.

Guild Wars 2 doesn't have "world changing" decisions.

All Guild Wars 2 race(s) have same story once you reach order arc (level 31). Early missions are so lame and puny. =/ Quests gets better once you reach pact arc (level 62).

2. Dungeon Quests: Whats the biggest and most commonly faced pain in dungeon quests? Yes you guessed it right, the words LFG/need healer. What, GW2 removed it? If Yes, then sorry, bethesda believes that that pain is needed to socialize with community. Tho you wont face them much, but at the end of the day healer saves you from the hangover or the pain (lots of pain u face in the next morning, i dont have to remind you), be it in PvP or dungeon.

Guild Wars 2 didn't remove or will remove LFG and you can "easily" clear all dungeons without healer. I myself have mastered all dungeons with my guild (without healer. 3 warriors, 1 thief and 1 berserk mesmer).

You are playing MMO, and dungeons will certainly require LFG. That's what MMOs are for.

PS: Don't forget the satisfaction you get after clearing a hard dungeon. And loot.

7.b. Synergy: You have heard about it once, Yes, Only Once. Where? Where? Remember... Guild Wars 2. Synergy is a term for cross-class skill combination, The Biggest and Brain-Storming experience in an MMO, for an MMO. Lets cut to the point, its not good. Highly non-practical and negatively rewarding. Also you will read that Many combinations are available, pull out a Law 80 and fire it in the mouth of those who say it :raygun: . Maybe many are available, but few are acceptable in practical fights. Example: a skill of sorcerer, create a pool of lightning for 3sec on ground, those who will attack from ground will have 70 added lightning dmg. 1) In 3 sec u will be be able to fire only 1 hit, B) melee chars in PvP wont be able to use it much :saberfite: , only useful for ranged, c) max 3 ppl in a group will be ranged (one is you), so only 2 will use it, d) 2 ppl use it for a total of 140 dmg extra, e) instead u can use a basic mage skill for 110 dmg + 2sec knock down+ added passive buffs

What's wrong with it? It's better than ranger healing spring with thief cluster bomb f**k (GW2). =/

I see a drastically reduced learning curve from DotA, DnD and TES12345.

MMOs are casual and always easy to learn. Plus, what DOTA has to do with MMOs? It's MOBA game.

Well i wouldn't' want this compared to GW2 , never went past level 14 in any of my chars story arc, did assist in higher level personal story of others, eso would no doubt take the better spot in RP and personal story based progression.

As for the LFG system, as sweet as it was to remove the trinity aspect, i've heard many players facing a definite lack of purpose playing the Gw2 (eventually in the long run), myself included, saving efforts in group play are so severely undervalued, so many times someone guardian or necro or yada yada saved my butt and i wouldn't even know it cause whatever their char is capable of , mine is as well O.o i'd find that personally unrewarding.

Hoping ESO brings back some of the core mmo group mechanics and valuable character progression, something games like WoW or rift etc etc do fairly well ?

thanks for all the wonderful vids, wish i could have seen them all before they took em down >.>

Name 1 MMO which has "awesome" starting quests.

I agree, never played an MMO which had osom starting quests. But you are refering to something which I didnt mean. I simply stated that killing werewolf or skeever is slightly different (never said bad or degraded, rather better). What i said had no negative remarks, it was upto the reader to figure out the good or bad meaning of it.

Guild Wars 2 doesn't have "world changing" decisions.

I stated before the review that my review has Theorotical comparisons to GW2 and DotA. Theorotical doesnt mean it has to be practically true.

Guild Wars 2 didn't remove or will remove LFG and you can "easily" clear all dungeons without healer. I myself have mastered all dungeons with my guild (without healer. 3 warriors, 1 thief and 1 berserk mesmer).

You are playing MMO, and dungeons will certainly require LFG. That's what MMOs are for.

I said What, GW2 removed it? IF Yes--the big IF; plus, as you said GW2 doesnt need healer to clear dungeon, while in ESO, you will need a healer.

What's wrong with it? It's better than ranger healing spring with thief cluster bomb f**k (GW2). =/

If you didnt like the Synergy of GW2, then it aint better in ESO. As you said whats wrong with, then when you will play practically you will understand whats wrong with it.

MMOs are casual and always easy to learn. Plus, what DOTA has to do with MMOs? It's MOBA game.

Why do we play games? To pass time, or relax or to compete? If you like PvP then how is cryodil different from a battle arena/ground. Why do you think hardcore gamers r for? Why we love Dark souls? Why is PvP so imp aspect in an MMO? Because we love a challenge. The challenge of proving my build is ftw or OP. Thats wat battle arena are for, hence the name MOBA. In dota, you are competing from lvl1 and whole time, in a pvp match. In MMO, you level to prove your build. In short, if you play casually then ofcos go ahead, play anything you want. But if you want to learn from games, like hardcore stuff, like you n me, like most IVGians, then casual MMOs are not for us. ALSO, I compared the learning curve with TES12345, Five series dude, wats more left to learn except by building OP char?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived