Pillars of Eternity

SRINI87

• 3 weeks later...

REVIEWS

The Escapist -- Five Stars

It's the best new, isometric RPG to come out in years.

While Pillars of Eternity is certainly banking on a nostalgic fan base, it's still an excellent RPG in its own right. It's a game rich with player agency, giving you tons of control to craft your story or explore different solutions to the presented problems. You know, actual roleplaying not simply a game with a leveling and stat system stapled on.

Eurogamer -- RECOMMENDED

Pillars of Eternity is the Baldur's Gate 3 we never got, returning to the Infinity Engine style of role-playing with flair.

PCGamer UK -- EDITOR's CHOICE

A deep, rich, and wonderfully written RPG that lives up to the towering legacy of the games that inspired it.

Game Watcher -- 9 / 10

All you really need to know though, is this; Pillars of Eternity is a triumph. If you’re a backer and a fan of those classic Infinity Engine games, you’re in for a real treat, a smart and complex adventure that will keep you entertained and absorbed for possibly the rest of your life, and certainly until the already announced expansion pack comes out. Even those who never got on with those classic games should give it a go, because there’s a tonne of smart design choices in here that smooth out the rough edges that might have kept you away before. A superb introduction to a fascinating new fantasy world. Can’t wait to see where in the world of Eora we get to go next.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun

It’s a triumph. A wonderful, enormous and spellbinding RPG, gloriously created in the image of BioWare’s Infinity classics, but distinctly its own. A classic in every sense.

Crack the Earth, Burn the Sky...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XV92vCBPzU

• Gorgeously realised world.
  • Beautifully expressive writing and world-building.
  • Combat is both challenging and heaps of fun.
  • Could do without the Stronghold stuff, which feels a tad unnecessary.

Guys any significant differences between the GoG and the Steam version? I would much rather get the GoG version cause it will run on my laptop and internet might be flaky soon.

It would but I am gonna be offline a lot on the laptop. And data usage on that will be 3G so extremely limited. Cant be bothered to f**k around and download patches on that. Or run the risk of Steam offline screwing up and not working.

GoG is just so much simpler. I can update at my convenience.

But if the Steam version has any cool extras I could be tempted. :/

Guys any significant differences between the GoG and the Steam version? I would much rather get the GoG version cause it will run on my laptop and internet might be flaky soon.

Apart from steam achievement and cloud saving , no difference .

Get the game from GoG.

If you want to back up saves, unlock achievements, share all this and keep your game updated you can try the GoG Galaxy client.

Archived