The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

ScrewyAurum

Just started playing this 2 days back... My first witcher game... I started playin this after I saw a bunch of youtube videos and great graphics...

But in the game the only thing I find great in terms of graphics are the sky, the villages and all... However IMO the water is much better in AC: Black Flag... I also like the water in GTA 5 better than this... Also the vegetation is a big dissapointment... They are 2D objects :samui:

I thought that it was only for me since I have to play on medium settings (gtx 660 :P) but then again I checked those youtube videos and concluded that the vegetation indeed are 2D objects...

But the gameplay experience is quite good till now... Following this thread to get more hints and advice... :wave:

Phew! Finally done with Gwent. That grand tournament. :majesty:

1tJTZqU.png

First round took 7 tries. Dwarf scum plays very well. bRPCTJD.gif Rest just 1 try. You cannot save and load after 2nd round. So you need to win 2nd round, 3rd round, then fist fight. Save. Then finals.

Played as Nilfgaardian Empire. Perk: Draw = you win. That 0-0 draw in last round. QI8uqPd.gif

Best starting deck I got:

D0U4j23.jpg

Other decks:

yLq92v9.jpg

Hu5QQvq.jpg

YcA8b8R.jpg

jVr4umX.jpg

Results:

tNRPizM.jpg

vFmYezq.jpg

5V9pT0L.jpg

C828XST.jpg

Reward: Finally something worthy!

2 choices after finishing the tournament.

Sasha wants half the loot. Accept her invitation for dinner at the Kingfisher Inn, and learn her true name.

You can:

Agree, and spend some quality time in one of the Kingfisher Inn's bedrooms, uncovering more about Sasha.

Disagree, and spend the night counting your cards, instead of girding your loins.

I agreed and went. Got 4500 crowns. Pretty good. I think disagreeing will get you 9000 crowns. Choose wisely.

Edited by Heaven Angel

imagine if they used 3D assets for the vegetation.. that frame rate would probably tank to single digits in swamp areas. I rarely compare one game to another since each game is developed with a different vision and goal in mind . imo the game itself is very good to look at (esp after the recent updates). and the youtube videos definitely don't do justice to it

BTW I compared the draw distance with the e3 footage where you ride the horse to novigrad and it hasn't been decreased .. I can still see the towers at the extreme end from the gate.

lol nice.. the game looks fun but I will probably play it on my 2nd play through.. :)

Oh! It's great fun. I'd love to have a standalone version of Gwent (with lot of opponents and multiplayer). It'll be solid.

(a real life board game will be awesome too).

I was kind of expecting more coming to this game after playing GTA 5 and Driveclub... :)

But nevertheless the gameplay and story is the main point in this game... Yennefer is so beautiful... Never seen a video game character so beautiful till now... :notangel:
@joe The screen shots are gr8... Alas my gtx660 can't show me what I want... :P

Can some one clear a small query for me -

Is there any way I can enable all available side quests to appear on the world map? It seems like I need to travel each and every area of the map if I need to play through all the side quests since they do not show in the map... For eg.

I was roaming around when I spotted the old woman and was able to play the side quest where you need to help the old woman to find her frying pan

So can this be enabled to appear in the map some how so that I know where to go instead of stumbling upon them randomly...

Can some one clear a small query for me -

Is there any way I can enable all available side quests to appear on the world map? It seems like I need to travel each and every area of the map if I need to play through all the side quests since they do not show in the map... For eg.

I was roaming around when I spotted the old woman and was able to play the side quest where you need to help the old woman to find her frying pan

So can this be enabled to appear in the map some how so that I know where to go instead of stumbling upon them randomly...

You can track any of the available side quests , that you find on notice boards, on the world map by going to the quests tab in the pop up menu.

However, there are some quests (like the one you mentioned) which become visible on the world map only after you get close to them, i.e. stumble upon them randomly.

Edited by krehani29

Oh! It's great fun. I'd love to have a standalone version of Gwent (with lot of opponents and multiplayer). It'll be solid.

(a real life board game will be awesome too).

Those cards are available with the Collector's Edition for Xbox One..you can buy one if you want to..And only with Xbox One and not PS4..

Who is the more logical choice..?

There is no gameplay reward i think..You will get sexy cutscene nothing else :P.

Iam going with Yen coz I like her voice more :P.

I read somewhere choosing both results in a bad ending or something lol

logical I guess would be Yen as per the story but I like Triss better since I got to know her char from the past 2 games... Yen on the other hand we get to see her for the first time in this game so really don't know much about here apart from what we get to read (at least till the point I have played) :D

Old school hardcore fans will go with Yen i think..

New fans who only played W2 will go with Triss :P

Edited by WhiteWolf

Why is every item so expensive in this game...Do you get crowns by playing gwent..If not, are side quests the only way to earn crowns..Also, i'm getting very low xp for sidequests (like around 10 or 25xp)..Is it cause of the bug that has been reported recently or is it normal in the beginning of the game..

There is no gameplay reward i think..You will get sexy cutscene nothing else :P....

Iam going with Yen coz I like her voice more :P...

I read somewhere choosing both results in a bad ending or something lol

I know about it..If you take it personally you'll feel bad..if you take it normally you'll forget it in no time..After all its just a game

Wait till you see master crafting item prices...CRAZY! Glyphs are like ~1500 for each. :ack:

Levelling up takes so much time if you don't do main quest. Main quest give you so much XP though.

Side quests: 10-250 XP.
Killing monsters: 10 XP...

Wait till you see master crafting item prices...CRAZY! Glyphs are like ~1500 for each. :ack:

Levelling up takes so much time if you don't do main quest. Main quest give you so much XP though.

Side quests: 10-250 XP.

Killing monsters: 10 XP...

Ok..now for the main Griffin quest and a contract..it says i need to be level 2 for both..Now if they give such low xp on side quests how are we suppose to level up..