Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

so airtel offered me 40% off on my 1899 4MBPS(80GB) plan for 3 months.. said yes and sticking to airtel for now :P

will switch to reliance if airtel doesn't come up with a better plan by next yr. :exoticdance:

Edited by rAgHaV

so airtel offered me 40% off on my 1899 4MBPS(80GB) plan for 3 months.. said yes and sticking to airtel for now :P

will switch to reliance if airtel doesn't come up with a better plan by next yr. :exoticdance:

What exactly do i tell them to get this for myself too ?

^^ just call their CC (121) and tell them that you want to get rid of your connection completely (BB+Landline).. when they ask you why, tell them that reliance is offering 4mbps True UL at 1099 (800rs cheaper than airtel).. then they'll forward your cancellation request and you'll receive a call from their CC within 48hrs.. bring up the reliance thunder plan again.. then they'll start tempting you with offers :naughty: they'll start with 10% off for next 3 months, keep saying no.. ultimately they'll offer you 40% off + 299rs discount on next month's bill.. :exoticdance:

I tried this tactic once... They were ready to disconnect, and no question regarding the reason was asked. I finally had to say "No, no, what I mean to say is...." and then said don't disconnect.

censored3.gif

:rofl:

You said that you'll contact them today?

I can only contact their customer care and they told me to wait 48hours. A technician will confirm. Their customer care says it's available in city. :)

I tried this tactic once... They were ready to disconnect, and no question regarding the reason was asked. I finally had to say "No, no, what I mean to say is...." and then said don't disconnect.

censored3.gif

KLPD :rofl:

It's 4 days since I called Reliance CC ..

I haven't got any reply from the technician .. Dafuq

censored3.gif

:lol:

i used the same tactic with reliance yesterday. past 3 days i was getting 600kbps and i kept calling them every day to fix it. they'd say it will be fixed after midnight and then it wouldn't happen so i'd have to call them back the next morning. must have called them about 6 times in 3 days. finally yesterday, i called them up and told them to either register a new request to fix my connection or register one to cancel it. the customer service guy put me on hold and my connection was fixed before he came back to talk. 2 minutes flat.

. Their customer care says it's available in city. :)

Apparently thats what they told me too .. They said its available in your AREA !

But today the technician arrived and their was no reliance pole (from which the connection is given) to be found in my area within a radius of 150 metres so they said this .

" Sorry sir , not possible to have a connection at this place "

Be prepared just in case .

Apparently thats what they told me too .. They said its available in your AREA !

But today the technician arrived and their was no reliance pole (from which the connection is given) to be found in my area within a radius of 150 metres so they said this .

" Sorry sir , not possible to have a connection at this place "

Be prepared just in case .

Same customer care says that too. It's available in your area :\

And i am getting disconnected from BSNL too. Just 2days :\ more. Then won't have Internet like for few weeks :\

Edit : Also, i have a strong feeling that those guys going to say the same thing to me. " Sorry sir , not possible to have a connection at this place " :|

Edited by xGameAnalyzeRx

Ok so I have this plan from MTNL:

Xpress Combo Unlimited 800 - Rs 800 (Monthly charge). Download speed - 2 Mbps upto 18 GB and 512 kbps afterwards.

Is this sufficient to play PS3 online? Also how much data is used while playing online? I guess if I exceed 18GB, the 512 kbps speed wont be enough to play games.

Xpress Combo Unlimited 800 - Rs 800 (Monthly charge). Download speed - 2 Mbps upto 18 GB and 512 kbps afterwards.

Is this sufficient to play PS3 online? Also how much data is used while playing online? I guess if I exceed 18GB, the 512 kbps speed wont be enough to play games.

It is enough, gaming dose not depend on bandwidth alone, ping is also important.

Same customer care says that too. It's available in your area :\

And i am getting disconnected from BSNL too. Just 2days :\ more. Then won't have Internet like for few weeks :\

Edit : Also, i have a strong feeling that those guys going to say the same thing to me. " Sorry sir , not possible to have a connection at this place " :|

I heard that they once tried giving broadband in my area, but some local lafange stole the cables, right from those poles. And now they don't provide it. Bihar ka kuch nahi ho sakta.

It should be enough, provided that you dont download much on the PC using the same connection. Also, do remember, the downloads and the uploads, both are counted towards the data limit.

It should be enough, provided that you dont download much on the PC using the same connection. Also, do remember, the downloads and the uploads, both are counted towards the data limit.

So how much data is used while playing online? Say I play FIFA 13/CoD Black Ops only on weekends - say 4 hours each day. Also can I use the MTNL connection at two ports simultaneously? I will have to most probably buy a wireless router too for this - Do you use MTNL too?

Edited by saanil

I'm currently on the MTNL Xpress Combo 600 Plan. Sucks monkey ba**z. Their supposed 512kb connection won't even buffer videos, although the DL speed is pretty consistent. I've been using it for 3 months now. Paid 1300 officially and another 800 unofficially to get this POS connection.

Only pro I see here is that the MTNL bill is a crucial and widely accepted document for address proof. LOL!

BTW, applied for Reliance connection yesterday. They said they'd install it today, let's see. Will keep you guys posted! :bigyellowgrin: