Demon's Souls

KnackChap

• 2 weeks later...

Progress is automatically saved every few seconds. There's a pulsing white light on the top right of the screen when progress is saved. It's also saved after any action (changing worlds, inventory, weapons, dying).

Magic spells have to be bought and you need a catalyst to cast spells. Initially there's a mage's apprentice on the ground floor who will sell some spells. Through the rest of the game you'll get access to more powerful ones. There are also miracles which are similar to spells but more protective in nature, and need a talisman to cast. Again, initially there's a sage's apprentice in the ground floor to buy miracles, and later you can rescue a powerful sage for the more powerful miracles. Stick to either miracles or spells - not both - since the attribute required for each is separate.

^^ hell yeah

Oh no you didn't. Maybe the second best.

Anyway, I was supposed to the UK phantom edition but bought something instead. The problem is I'm not in a position to invest 50 hrs + in a game, partly due to work partly due to personal commitments and mostly because I have a huge backlog since I'm a cheap indie/used/Steam games wh*re. Anyway, the point is, is Demon's Souls a kind of game which I can, say, put off for a week and come back and pick up from where you left off?? A lot of reviews seem to suggest otherwise but just asking.

Edit - So the game does not pause even if you press the PS button or it does??

Edited by LocustAbortion

Oh no you didn't. Maybe the second best.

Anyway, I was supposed to the UK phantom edition but bought something instead. The problem is I'm not in a position to invest 50 hrs + in a game, partly due to work partly due to personal commitments and mostly because I have a huge backlog since I'm a cheap indie/used/Steam games wh*re. Anyway, the point is, is Demon's Souls a kind of game which I can, say, put off for a week and come back and pick up from where you left off?? A lot of reviews seem to suggest otherwise but just asking.

Edit - So the game does not pause even if you press the PS button or it does??

well you could take a break and return but you get the maximum fun out of it when played in continuation,

the only problem with returning from a break is that you need to once again be humble and ready to die, a lot!

nope, pressing the PS button doesn't pause, nor does browsing any of the equipments of even changing equipments.

Game does not pause - ever. Not even the PS button. You can pick this game up easily after you leave it for a few weeks - it's exactly like Diablo II that way. The good thing is that each stage is so short you can go through them in one hour or so and then come back later for the next stage. Some stages boil down to just the boss battle (few minutes or few hours - depends on how many times you die).

cool beans brah i will call u when i can play next time rite now at office

sorry to quash it, but co-op aint easy, here are some requirements

-you need not have completed a stage and i need to have completed it

-you need to be in body form and me in soul form

-I should be in the range of +-10 +-10% of your level range.

Only then can we do co-op.

f**k what soul level are you ?

and i need help in the valley of defilement :(

i think i'm SL ~70 so if you are above 55 and below90 it should work.

that's world 5 right, i can't help then :| ask bulo.

yaar i am stuck because i need to complete black world tendency even and then kill the premivial demon to get colorless soul there are 4 giant guys with clubs in the way the only way to get selen vinland is to get some help as she has sword that cuts through shield so u cant dodge cant block

btw there is a lotta open ground where selen is so one guy can shoot arrows while i do the grunt work

Edited by nasty2857068

For the four giant goblins, go to the walkway on top - and snipe them. If you're playing online there'll even be some markers there. Then you can go down and finish selen off.

I hope you've opened the walkway which allows you to go straight through on the right.