The Android Thread

pArth

:scratchchin: So, you have a small range set to trigger an event, and the task just triggers on that event? Any increase in battery usage? I think I read that if you narrow the range down to being too small, your phone has to poll the network for location more often or something :scratchchin:

There's no range associated with the cell towers AFAIK. That's the GPS/network location.

As for the battery life, it isn't affected at all since your phone scans for cell towers anyways.

There's no range associated with the cell towers AFAIK. That's the GPS/network location.

As for the battery life, it isn't affected at all since your phone scans for cell towers anyways.

Got it... thanks. That's what I'll be playing with this weekend then :good:

I think the rationale behind it is that ideally, our phone cameras would be this good, but since they aren't we can augment them with another device.

That logic kind of stumps me though, because carrying this lens takes about as much provision as carrying a small point-and-shoot, or even my Sony Alpha NEX 7. More than that, as I've already said, the device has very limited controls.

^This sums up QX10.

Edited by Big Boss

Lets see what sony offers in india, seeing they are giving smart watch 2 and sony lens outside india, i really hope that is offered as one option in india and not some sad a*s headphones and phone cover.

Edited by AtheK

not when you can get it for Free though :

Sony Xperia Z1 is offered with a free QX10 lens in UK

source

:panic:

Edit: also will buy it in a heartbeat once version two is out with a Xenon flash

Still, QX10 is a wasted lens. Phone softwares provide more control than the crappy one needed for these lenses. :doh: Had it been QX100, another matter altogether. :bounce:

Lets see what sony offers in india, seeing they are giving smart watch 2 and sony lens outside india, i really hope that is offered as one option in india and not some sad a*s headphones and phone cover.

true, phone cover for a waterproof, dust-proof phone that looks gorgeous anyways is just retarded

Still, QX10 is a wasted lens. Phone softwares provide more control than the crappy one needed for these lenses. :doh: Had it been QX100, another matter altogether. :bounce:

err it is free, also the censor size is more important even if you always use it on auto and never use any manual feature, also how'd you know, you don't even know how to clean the less :ha:

err it is free, also the censor size is more important even if you always use it on auto and never use any manual feature, also how'd you know, you don't even know how to clean the less :ha:

BC those were birds, not dust. :ranting::furious:

Also read the comments on the link I posted above. Same sensor on P&S offers better pics (judged by those 100% crops). Not letting you use manual controls on QX10 is purely a push for QX100. Hopefully they'll open the API and let modders mod the f**k out of it ! B)

those headphones, chutiyapa karne se baaz nahi aatay co.walay :doh:

Still, QX10 is a wasted lens. Phone softwares provide more control than the crappy one needed for these lenses. :doh:Had it been QX100, another matter altogether. :bounce:

alekh bhai, :doh:

tum sony co. ki ghuma ke aur thoda jhukay ke maar kiyun nahi lete.,

tab zyda stisfy ho jaogay shayad,

Edited by sameuun

alekh bhai, :doh:

tum sony co. ki ghuma ke aur thoda jhukay ke maar kiyun nahi lete.,

tab zyda stisfy ho jaogay shayad,

I wish. :(

I think the app to use the lenses will give more control in due time, but of course

also Alekh, this is now a joke for life :ha:

G****upana :spank:

Minimalistic Text – Free from $1.99 (in-app upgrade with promo code 'appoftheday')

Description

★★★ PRO version is free at the moment with App of the Day ★★★
Download the app "App of the Day" and discover every day a paid app that becomes free for 24 hours

Minimalistic Text is a widget app that displays information in a minimalistic way.
It can be configured to display time, date, battery and weather information. The layout of the widget is highly customizable through the layout editor.

source: AndroidPolice

edit: Looks like it's US only. Sorry guys :( .

Edited by Somebody
  • Like 1