Official Wii-U Thread

the controller looks heavy .. will the controller show hd graphics .

I think so,but there will be a definite fall in quality. The controller actually recieves transmission from the console.

Although Nintendos multiple screen policy fails me :scratchchin:

Impressions of the controller and the console are up on gamespot...They say it is quite light and screen is very crisp

Here are some excerpts

GameSpot's Wii U Impressions

Giancarlo says: The Wii U controller is absolutely brilliant and The Legend of Zelda tech demo makes me confident in the system's visual capabilities...

Sarju says: The screen on the controller is also very crisp. It's way beyond what's offered on the Nintendo 3DS, and it's easily on par with something like the iPhone 4.

Carolyn says: The first thing that struck me about the Wii U tablet controller was its weight. By the look of it, I was expecting it to feel like something I might not want to hold for 15 or 20 minutes at a stretch, much less several hours of marathon gaming. But in fact, it's exceptionally light, and I found it comfortable to hold as well, with my fingers naturally resting right on the rear triggers.

Chris says:...and the controller is pleasantly light, with a vivid screen...

Edit: 400 posts...in almost four years...way 2 go :P

Okay here's my million dollar question:

Everyday I drop my controller a million times and even throw it in frustration sometimes (Hello Ninja Gaiden 3). What happens with this?

hehe ..will have to buy a Otterbox defender case for the controller now...way to go ninty :P

Everyday I drop my controller a million times and even throw it in frustration sometimes (Hello Ninja Gaiden 3). What happens with this?

Use a guard, or better, don't buy Wii-U and wait for xbox720 or ps4 with ur regular controllers !

Keep a 360 controller close-by and throw that if you feel the urge :P

If PS3 + move = wii hd

then..... PS3 + Vita = Wii U

I'll put good money on that pachter saying the same in the near future

there's already PSP REMOTE usage

there is a PS3 and Vita possiblity

NO BLU-RAY!!!!!!!!..............NO BLU RAY!!!!!!!

should i say it again...reggie confirmed it at the E3 all access interview

Wii U To Use 'Modern', 'Custom' AMD GPU With Multiple Display Support (5000+ series?)

Today at E3, AMD (NYSE: AMD) announced its support for Nintendo’s newly-announced Wii U™ system, as a new way to enjoy HD console gaming entertainment. The custom AMD Radeon™ HD GPU reflects the best characteristics of AMD’s graphics technology solutions: high-definition graphics support; rich multimedia acceleration and playback; and multiple display support. As an industry leader, AMD has supplied the game console market with graphics expertise and ongoing support for more than 10 years.

“We greatly value our synergistic relationship with the AMD design team. The AMD custom graphics processor delivers the best of AMD’s world-class graphics expertise. AMD will support our vision of innovating play through unique entertainment experiences," said Genyo Takeda, senior managing director, Integrated Research & Development of Nintendo Co. Ltd.

“AMD shares Nintendo’s excitement for the new HD entertainment experience planned for the Wii U console,” said David Wang, corporate vice president of Silicon Engineering, AMD. “We’re proud to provide our leading-edge HD multimedia graphics engine to power the new entertainment features of the console. Nintendo is a highly-valued customer and we look forward to the launch in 2012.”

AMD custom graphics enable the new Nintendo system to provide exciting, immersive game play and interaction for consumers around the world. The AMD custom graphics processor features a modern and rich graphics processing core, allowing the new console to shine with new graphics capabilities.

http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-and-nintendo-join-2011june07.aspx

NO BLU-RAY!!!!!!!!..............NO BLU RAY!!!!!!!

should i say it again...reggie confirmed it at the E3 all access interview

oh i just checked they will have some other kinda of disc but size will be 25 gb only...which is cool as long as the size is big and developers get the space to fill in ...but still no blu-ray is kinda missing out huge opportunity...so many people watch movies in blu-ray only these days..

oh i just checked they will have some other kinda of disc but size will be 25 gb only...which is cool as long as the size is big and developers get the space to fill in ...but still no blu-ray is kinda missing out huge opportunity...so many people watch movies in blu-ray only these days..

25gb? hddvd trying to attack again :scratchchin:

Archived