The Android Thread

pArth

The amount people know about OEM skins is abysmally low, check out this video, it should help you understand better.

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/5-myths-of-custom-oem-android-skins-aosp-sense-touchwiz-xda-developer-tv/

The new gmail update gives you an extra little feature. Now you get an option to archive or reply to a mail directly from the notification area.

Nice explanation Sire, Azerinoch at his best.

thank you guys, will read the article. :)

Motherf**king hell

At its New York City press event at Radio City Music Hall, Samsung showed its commitment to gaming with the Galaxy S4 gamepad. The company had a game arcade section set up for press and attendees to gets hands-on time with the new smartphone playing games like Sega’s Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 and Electronic Arts’ Real Racing 3. Check out the video below to see the new phone in action.

Video:

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2013/03/17/how-the-samsung-galaxy-s4-will-compete-with-sony-playstation-4/

Edited by -= L O L =-

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s4-review-910p5.php

S4 pretty much tops all the benchmarks, except a few places. My one X beats it in one bench mark :P

That said it was expected, beast of a phone and a great display. If only they had a good body would have bought it eye closed, but will have to pass. That said HTC one keeps up pretty well and is behind marginally, nothing that would make any real life difference.

Can anyone tell WHEN THE F*CK did Gmail app stopped allowing to attach any file? Now only pictures and videos can be attached, and it doesn't give file explorer in menu. Earlier I used to attach word/pdf files regularly via app. Now I have to use Gmail in Chrome to attach any file. WTF are you smoking Google?

Can anyone tell WHEN THE F*CK did Gmail app stopped allowing to attach any file? Now only pictures and videos can be attached, and it doesn't give file explorer in menu. Earlier I used to attach word/pdf files regularly via app. Now I have to use Gmail in Chrome to attach any file. WTF are you smoking Google?

That sucks.

its still possible to select the file and share using Gmail?

^You cant reply to a mail. Mails like Job Openings. They ask for resume. If you select file and share, it creates a new mail. Or if someone asks you a pdf. It looks stupid to create a new mail. Stupid Google removing good features. IIRC they removed separate sound control in Jellybean.

:lol:

It was ALWAYS like this since I started using android. You have to use this app called attachments. Works like a charm.

Thx mate..

What about that app.. Avast Mobile security..? Read some good things about it. Havent tried though..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avast.android.mobilesecurity

It was ALWAYS like this since I started using android. You have to use this app called attachments. Works like a charm.

Links pls ?

Found this brilliant app on XDA

Developed by XDA Forum Member soulreaver1, Intelligent Ringer aims to adjust the ringtone volume based on the amount of noise level of the environment the phone is in. It does this by analyzing the amount of sounds with the phone’s camera microphone and adjusting the ringtone volume down for when all’s quiet (such as a library), or higher during situations when it’ll be hard to hear the ringtone (i.e. a party). Users can adjust the sensitivity and accuracy of the microphone, the minimum and maximum volume, among other settings available. Intelligent Ringer also changes the volume when it detects the phone in your pocket thanks to the proximity sensor.

Intelligent Ringer is a free app that sets ringtone volume of your smartphone based on the ambient noise. It's able to detect whether the device is in a pocket or not.

You can control whole process using the app settings settings:

- You can set additional volume which is added to the actual measurement value only when the device is discovered to be in a pocket (Pocket factor setting).

- You can decide how precise the volume setting process should be.

- You can change the microphone sensitivity when needed.

- You can set maximum volume (possible to set).

- You can set minimum volume (possible to set).

Play Store

It was working fine in August-October 2012 when I replied to quite a few mails via gmail app with attachments. No idea which update f**ked it up. Need to find that apk. Dont want to use apps for even such basic features.