The Football Thread

Xeno

#MUFC net spend 1992-2011: £183.36m #MCFC net spending 2008-2011: £381.90m. City have spent 2.08x more in 4 years than United in 20. Trophies: 32-1.

#MUFC net spend 1992-2011: £183.36m. #LFC net spending 1992-2011: £236.14m. Trophies: 32-11

it's net spend, that is, transfers in minus transfers out.

City's Mancini chant is the worst in football. "He came from Italy, to manage Man City" Yes, well done, accurate factual description. :giggle:

#MCFC's away kit odd for a club who banned red company cars, prepared blue ketchup for their canteens & removed red from 'I <3 MCR' shirts. :lol:

#MUFC net spend 1992-2011: £183.36m #MCFC net spending 2008-2011: £381.90m. City have spent 2.08x more in 4 years than United in 20. Trophies: 32-1.

#MUFC net spend 1992-2011: £183.36m. #LFC net spending 1992-2011: £236.14m. Trophies: 32-11

it's net spend, that is, transfers in minus transfers out.

City's Mancini chant is the worst in football. "He came from Italy, to manage Man City" Yes, well done, accurate factual description. :giggle:

#MCFC's away kit odd for a club who banned red company cars, prepared blue ketchup for their canteens & removed red from 'I <3 MCR' shirts. :lol:

Can you please also state #AFC net spend and trophies please?

jai 'mata' di

:wOOtjumpy:

LOL. Now we have to see how everyone performs. That match yesterday could have ended 5 - 2 easily but the retort from Bolton was just as delicious. I don't think they'll top the league this year because their defensive guile is still at its childish best. Everyone seems to want to move the ball up but man cover is next to non-existent. Sure, attacking and pressing that hard might yield a high goal match but if you come up against a good defensive side then you will get shut down. Also, Aguero jumps like an f'ing DOLPHIN!!!

Its quite funny to see Dzeko flourish as a result of the front-men changing. That passing system is very neat between Silva, Yaya and Aguero. All of them aren't selfish and actually move the ball around quite a bit. Add players like Barry, Milner, etc. into the mix and you've got a team playing for each other. I think if Nigel was on yesterday then we would have seen a far better enforced midfield system but then again T-Rex doesn't care what or who you are he just eats you alive and then spits you out lol. Probably my favorite brash midfield of the last two years lol.

Harry - Modric 'head not right'

Harry Redknapp admits Luka Modric's 'head's not in the right place' as the Tottenham Hotspur midfielder continues to be linked with a move to Chelsea.

Redknapp conceded last week that he could cash in on the schemer in order to strengthen his squad.

Modric has now been left out of Spurs' squad for their opening Premier League game against reigning champions Manchester United on Monday night.

"He's got a little bit of an injury," said Redknapp. "There's a possibility he could have played through it.But at the moment his head's not in the right place."

winger Gareth Bale insists that the Spurs squad cannot dwell on Modric's departure should he leave White Hart Lane.

"Luka is a fantastic player," Bale said. "I'm not sure what the situation is with him but I think if he is here then he's great for the team but if he's not then we have to get on without him."

Spurs were without several midfielders for the 5-0 thrashing of Hearts and Bale was impressed by how the understudies filled in.

"Luka and JJ (Jenas) didn't play so it gives confidence to the whole squad that we can play like that," added the Welshman.

Edited by Mesías_aka_messiah

^^

I don't see too many chances on your goalkeeper so I wouldn't be too worried. Of course getting lazy about it probably won't help but then again I don't expect SAF to let that happen either. Its going to be very interesting.

Troll spurs and play Lindegaard instead :P

:rofl:

^^

I don't see too many chances on your goalkeeper so I wouldn't be too worried. Of course getting lazy about it probably won't help but then again I don't expect SAF to let that happen either. Its going to be very interesting.

With Vida out I expect Spurs to be adventurous.

Edited by Keano