Gaming PCs

AtheK

what graphic card would you suggest for this build. Occasional gaming (do not need to run on high or ultra) and will be used for some image editing (photoshop etc) work..budget around 10k :helpsmilie:

Seasonic 520

gigabyte B85 D3H

8 GB corsair vengeance

intel i5 4430 3ghz

Shipping cost is Rs.210. :P

So, if I'm purchasing R9 270X, the total cost would be Rs. 16,709 (including shipping) which seems to be a great deal for a budget card along with BF4.

The R9 270x is out of stock there and will take 1 month to restock, i inquired myself from MD Computers

AMD Cards are nearly out of stock everywhere, they are selling like Hot Cakes.

The HIS model you see there was avaliable recently and got sold out in 2days :|

The R9 270x is out of stock there and will take 1 month to restock, i inquired myself from MD Computers

AMD Cards are nearly out of stock everywhere, they are selling like Hot Cakes.

The HIS model you see there was avaliable recently and got sold out in 2days :|

I talked to him today aswell. :P

He said they will be available by 20th January. I'm looking at other options. If I don't get a decent deal anywhere, I'll have no other option but to wait. :\

@bneck I think the 650 or HD7770 will suffice.

I talked to him today aswell. :P

He said they will be available by 20th January. I'm looking at other options. If I don't get a decent deal anywhere, I'll have no other option but to wait. :\

@bneck I think the 650 or HD7770 will suffice.

You live in Delhi na?, then why not get the MSI model?, it is the best model of the R9 270x and Delhi is the only place which has some decent prices for MSI models, everywhere else MSI model commands a premium of 2k+ over the ASUS model.

Here in Mumbai only the XFX version is avliable, so have to wait for MD to restock :|

^ What games would you play and what resolution panel do you have?

monitor: dell s2240L can run at 1920 x 1080, but I'm not sure - will there be cards in this budget that can take full advantage?

games: prob mainly fps, not battlefield/CoD, more co-op like borderlands or single player kind of stuff.

You live in Delhi na?, then why not get the MSI model?, it is the best model of the R9 270x and Delhi is the only place which has some decent prices for MSI models, everywhere else MSI model commands a premium of 2k+ over the ASUS model.

Here in Mumbai only the XFX version is avliable, so have to wait for MD to restock :|

Wow. I didn't know MSi was priced less here. :P

Guess I'll check that out in a few days. I'm only confused between ASUS and MSi and whichever is cheaper will end up being my choice.

EDIT: I'm more inclined towards ASUS only because of the free Battlefield 4. :P

Edited by Rohan Seth

what graphic card would you suggest for this build. Occasional gaming (do not need to run on high or ultra) and will be used for some image editing (photoshop etc) work..budget around 10k :helpsmilie:

Seasonic 520

gigabyte B85 D3H

8 GB corsair vengeance

intel i5 4430 3ghz

ATI Radeon HD 7770 2 GB ones.. Its a great card you can play most games on 1080p.. I have used this card for about 2 years.

@Rohan:- You can't go wrong with either of them buddy... Get an MSI and get BF4 else Asus with free BF4...

ATI Radeon HD 7770 2 GB ones.. Its a great card you can play most games on 1080p.. I have used this card for about 2 years.

Price is higher on ground (because of useless additional V-RAM) and performance is lower than the HD7790 as well as the GTX650Ti. And nVidia has better plug-in support for working in PhotoShop.

Which SMPS do you have?

MicroTek's simulated sine-wave have really poor reactions with Corsair and Seasonic SMPS in the past that is why I never recommend them.

In-fact I know friends whose VX550W also used to be finicky about a 1.1KVA APC UPS powering it.

Sorry for the late reply. Just saw this...

I have a Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU. Powers my rig for almost half an hour to 40 mins if i'm browsing:

Intel Core i5

8GB DDR3

7850 2GB

Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU

3TB HDD

22" LED monitor

Edited by TheHitman

Sorry for the late reply. Just saw this...

I have a Seasonic S12II 520 Watts PSU. Powers my rig for almost half an hour to 40 mins if i'm browsing:

Good for you Sir.

Which model UPS and what rating?

I live in India,can't import.

Hmm, even then you can still buy.

Intel Core i5 4670 ~15K

MSI NVIDIA N770 ~26k

Nice Dell monitor ~10k

Total ~51K. Spend rest on other parts.

(prices can vary from store to store. I roughly picked from Flipkart).

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 1

Hmm, even then you can still buy.

Intel Core i5 4670 ~15K

MSI NVIDIA N770 ~26k

Nice Dell monitor ~10k

Total ~51K. Spend rest on other parts.

(prices can vary from store to store. I roughly picked from Flipkart).

OMGWTF 26K?

*Goes to flipkart*

*types in "MSI NVIDIA N770 TF"*

*expects to find no-name seller selling for 26k who cannot deliver to my location*

*MSI N770 TF ~26K sold by WS Retail*

:surprise:

:wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy:

OMG OMG THEY DROPPED THE PRICE THEY DROPPED THE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

NVIDIA KI JAI ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :punk::punk::punk:

Thanks Joe bhai for this heads-up,I will get a gtx 770 for my rig :coolspeak: