need help

@@di

i wanna buy a TV specifically 32 inch led

my options are sony klv series(price roughly 18000) kdv series(24000) n samsung ua32eh4009(13500)

cos of the price i'm leanin towards samsung does anyone hav ne idea bout these tv pls lemme knw

thnx in advance

ps:ne suggestions warnings tips fr bringin the tv to India wud be highly appreciated

y abut i'm gettin it in dsf offer fr almost 10,000 less thn india

i'm mostly goin wit sony

gives 2 yrs local 1 yr intl warranty

btw sure no duty on 40 inch cos i've heard hasslefree only if 32 inch or less

y abut i'm gettin it in dsf offer fr almost 10,000 less thn india

i'm mostly goin wit sony

gives 2 yrs local 1 yr intl warranty

btw sure no duty on 40 inch cos i've heard hasslefree only if 32 inch or less

ws in the same boat, so did some research with friends returning from uae, bangkok, etc

contrary to popular belief, the size of the tv plays no role. you are allowed to import goods for personal use for upto Rs.25,000/- per person. So in case your price falls in that range, no customs officer can hassle you.

the funda is that generally 32 inch tvs are cheaper than that abroad, so they dont stop you. some are ok with 40" as well, it's at their own mood/pleasure.

if you're traveling in a group, you can club the value together & they are ok with that as well (know a couple that got a 42inch 3d led valued at 48K from the importing country at prevalent exchange rates. They were stopped, but the value was less 50K so got away)

also, in case you're carrying more stuff, some can be said to be what you took with you before leaving india, like a laptop, camera, ipod/phone etc so thats not counted

also, the misconception about the value of goods being in INR for evaluation is completely wrong. You pay duty on the goods exceeding 25K per person. Below that if you can produce receipts that show value is less, you're good to go my friend.

1 dirham =15.75 INR i think. do the math.

hope this helps

:good:/>

Archived