Import Duty on a Desktop PC?

Don't think of importing a desktop pc bro. Thing is shipping cost will be too high and moreover there is no fixed rate by which you will be charged customs. Also since the package will be big enough, there is a very very high chance that you will be charged with customs.

My suggestion is that you simply go to your nearest computer market and get the stuff.

Mate,

Planning to get it with me as luggage itself.

Don't think of importing a desktop pc bro. Thing is shipping cost will be too high and moreover there is no fixed rate by which you will be charged customs. Also since the package will be big enough, there is a very very high chance that you will be charged with customs.

My suggestion is that you simply go to your nearest computer market and get the stuff.

there is a fixed rate for PCs actually, its 33.39% also since ur bringing it with you, make sure to ask the retailer to make the bill for a lower amount, if the PC is not available in india, duty will be charged by the bill else if its available here, 33.39% of the MRP in india.

im not sure where did you get the above list from, they may not include taxes. im 106% sure of what im saying.

also goods upto 25,000 can be brought duty free(per adult) if you carry it with yourself.

Mate,

My Niece she wants the Cyber PowerPC Black Pearl, Going to the US next week so if possible will bring it along the issue is the way she wants to configure I do not see a chance of it even being shipped by the time I come back and on a second thought I personally think it's ridiculous and she needs to consider something from here.

Also have emailed them about the dimensions of the box etc to know if I will be able to carry it along, don't think this should be much of an issue just the over all price with duty seems a lot for something that she can perhaps figure out how to get locally besides perhaps it's chassis, which too I don't think should be a problem.

^ Sir, which desktop are you getting by the way ?? :naughty:

Almost everything that's in it, can be bought here. You may consider buying everything except the cabinet from there, as all of them will be a little cheaper in USA. But once you include cabinet, the package will be so bulky that that you simply can't evade a very high Customs, which will negate the whole thing. How many people will be returning with you, and what's weight limit of luggage for you guys?

Archived