Official Wii-U Thread

Guys is it worth getting wii u from us heard games are region locked,also do i need some converter 220v-110v

Some of the guys here have USA wii u and they have confirmed that youdont need converter ..still wait for their response.

As for it is worth getting and region locked...yes it is region locked...had it not been region locked . it would solved so many of us overseas gamers problem but Nintendo has sh*t attitude towards gamers need and just seems to follow its own policies even when times are changing.

As for worth it...Check first if you like there games....I was sick and tired of just superior graphics and not much substance in most next gen games(including on pc) ..wanted back to old times of gaming and realized nothing better than nintendo to do that. No regrets ..Thankfully got a good deal as well.

I say go for it. Plenty of great games...Super mario 3d world(it amazed me in just few mins i got to play it)...captain toad looks and plays fantastic ....Zelda wind waker hd....New zelda is also expected soon. So go for it.

Guys is it worth getting wii u from us heard games are region locked,also do i need some converter 220v-110v

If you buy it from US..shouldn't be an issue as the games available in India are of NTSC region...as for the power you can ask other members who have a NTSC console..

@playstation...hey dude, ur inbox is full need to speak with u...

@agent47, The club nintendo issue seem to have sorted out itself..( i did send them a email though but igot no reply so dont know if they fixed it or it takes few days for system to recognize)....all id id was once again put same password and email and there it worked. I still did not see 1000 points that i should get for registering wii u. I wonder why is that.

Need to ask though is there any way i can disable gamepad wii u and play with wiimote ...i can do it once both are on i want to do it in a way that i dont even have to touch gamepad u ...just the wii mote and wii u console.

it is quite distracting seeing same thing happening on screen and gamepad as well.

@agent47, The club nintendo issue seem to have sorted out itself..( i did send them a email though but igot no reply so dont know if they fixed it or it takes few days for system to recognize)....all id id was once again put same password and email and there it worked. I still did not see 1000 points that i should get for registering wii u. I wonder why is that.

Need to ask though is there any way i can disable gamepad wii u and play with wiimote ...i can do it once both are on i want to do it in a way that i dont even have to touch gamepad u ...just the wii mote and wii u console.

it is quite distracting seeing same thing happening on screen and gamepad as well.

Thanks for letting me know...register the game again...just in case..

Also, check this link out for the wii mote compatibility..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/you-can-now-use-the-wii-u-eshop-without-the-gamepad.369465/

I think there is a way for your TV to be primary display and the gamepad to show just map and other things...Those who own a Wii U should shed some light on it..

Thanks for letting me know...register the game again...just in case..

Also, check this link out for the wii mote compatibility..

https://gbatemp.net/threads/you-can-now-use-the-wii-u-eshop-without-the-gamepad.369465/

I think there is a way for your TV to be primary display and the gamepad to show just map and other things...Those who own a Wii U should shed some light on it..

You are welcome.

Thanks for the info also. I just packed it now again...will check later in the morning and let you know.

Some of the guys here have USA wii u and they have confirmed that youdont need converter ..still wait for their response.

As for it is worth getting and region locked...yes it is region locked...had it not been region locked . it would solved so many of us overseas gamers problem but Nintendo has sh*t attitude towards gamers need and just seems to follow its own policies even when times are changing.

As for worth it...Check first if you like there games....I was sick and tired of just superior graphics and not much substance in most next gen games(including on pc) ..wanted back to old times of gaming and realized nothing better than nintendo to do that. No regrets ..Thankfully got a good deal as well.

I say go for it. Plenty of great games...Super mario 3d world(it amazed me in just few mins i got to play it)...captain toad looks and plays fantastic ....Zelda wind waker hd....New zelda is also expected soon. So go for it.

even me wants it for same reason.

can someone guide me how to clear customs hassle free

even me wants it for same reason.

can someone guide me how to clear customs hassle free

My relatives had informed me about them bringing the stuff without the box at first but i was surpised they got it with box and thankfully custom did not stop.

If you importing directly through ebay...masterjack has post above on how he his friend got it for Rs 32k with customs and all.

iam using a wii u from us . u dont need a converter as iam using a wii u without a converter. yup and the console is region locked but u can always buy digital games from the eshop

I am using one with a converter just to be safe incase of spikes. Buy one bro

My relatives had informed me about them bringing the stuff without the box at first but i was surpised they got it with box and thankfully custom did not stop.

If you importing directly through ebay...masterjack has post

Asked my sis to get this

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Wii-U-Super-Mario-3D-World-Deluxe-Set-Console/39404094

they would receive it in a hour from walmart stores,my mum would be carrying it when she comes on jan10th..

I am using one with a converter just to be safe incase of spikes. Buy one bro

just saw this post,it seems wii u has dual voltage support

http://www.ign.com/blogs/chuck0latte/2012/12/12/wii-u-power-adapters-usa-are-actually-universal-100-250vac-dual-voltage

1000 points (coins?)?? I got 160. Same as 3ds. Or maybe the european club nintendo has some other scale.

And I don't really see the problem with using the gamepad. It's amazing.

ya its points in UK and coins in US..Some games run on both screens during gameplay..its gets kinda distracting..

1000 points (coins?)?? I got 160. Same as 3ds. Or maybe the european club nintendo has some other scale.

And I don't really see the problem with using the gamepad. It's amazing.

Yea just saw i got 1000 points...so with this club nintendo thing you have to wait for few hours or even a day to register your console and all...Games though gets registerd immediately.

Redeemed it for 300 eshop points...still have about 800 stars to redeem...wondering what i can get from wii shop.

ya its points in UK and coins in US..Some games run on both screens during gameplay..its gets kinda distracting..

Yea ...its quite distracting. I always end up looking at small screen of the gamepad while game is playing on big screen.

My initial idea was to sell Gamepad u once i get wii u but i realized some games just wont work with out .

As much as it feels amazing...I still dont find any good use of it until you play in a place without TV or monitor.

Yea just saw i got 1000 points...so with this club nintendo thing you have to wait for few hours or even a day to register your console and all...Games though gets registerd immediately.

Redeemed it for 300 eshop points...still have about 800 stars to redeem...wondering what i can get from wii shop.

Yea ...its quite distracting. I always end up looking at small screen of the gamepad while game is playing on big screen.

My initial idea was to sell Gamepad u once i get wii u but i realized some games just wont work with out .

As much as it feels amazing...I still dont find any good use of it until you play in a place without TV or monitor.

You should play zombi U or Batman Arkham City Armored Edition..Gamepad is used for inventory and map on it..Also for other uses in the game.

You should play zombi U or Batman Arkham City Armored Edition..Gamepad is used for inventory and map on it..Also for other uses in the game.

Inventory and map is the only decent thing i guess which can be used in that gamepad wiiu. It aint much big deal though...normally maps are already there on one of the four corners of the screen.

Btw i just got wii sports club ...for free i guess...i logged into my account and i got notification . YOu have new software and it was Wii Sports Club...Asa free mein game dega toh phir toh boss...majha ajayega.

Yeah please don't sell it. You'll not be able to play ANYTHING without it :P

I have only played SM3DW and Bayonetta 2 demo and both had the game running on the gamepad screen. Felt right at home to be honest. And the remote play works amazingly well with no lag at all. I think you haven't put in enough time with your WiiU (and the gamepad). It'll grow on you trust me.

Lot of people in USA use to sell their console on ebay..just the console for $80-100 something . So i wanted to just get the console and wii u pro controller but i did not know that it is designed in such a way that i have to have a wii ugamepad also...

I agree on the remote play part..It is fantastic. I put my pc to download something and was playing bit of mario on gamepad...like you i too felt right at home but when both the tv screen and gamepad screen is running same thing. I really feel distracted and my head always ends up lookinga t gamepad screen till i realize and tell myself.."sala bada screen chod ke chota screen mein khel reha hai"..:lol:

yup ! you will get used to the gamepad.In the beginning this used to happen to me .i used to just look at the gamepad but over a period of time i got used to it. Gamepad wont be a distraction but in fact i mostly use it to play wii u vc games :)

Huma ka add karo....Mountain_ Wind

Yeh sunday ho jaye....Mario kart 8 mein do do haath. Kaun kaun ready bhai log.

Archived