Which Home Theater should I buy?

Swayam

lolz,

dts-HD & DOLBY trueHD ready A/V amplifier starts from 25k. excluding speakers sets ofcourse,

technolgy comes around 20k to 30k with speakers will be obsolete soon.

i think u shud wait another 5 months.

Saw Onkyo HT-S3300 ... 5.1 Speakers with HDMI 1.4 in the receiver @ 25000. The sound quality was quite good .

There was another JBL system at the same price but the reciever doesn't have HDMI 1.4 . I am not sure if HDMI 1.4 is necessary for PS3.

Says the guy who after having Tritton headsets couldnt hear the enemy standing 3 feets away from him ( while shooting with a LMG ) deaf f**ker <_<

OMG :quiet_trans: .... i said i didnt have ammo ... die already beech :catfight:

buy a decent headset instead :fear::chucks:

This is a good option if only one person need to hear sound. Think over it. However, I'd suggest headphone over headset.

You can import headphone/headset if you don't have anyone who can carry it for you. Thing is you won't get warranty in India and shipping charges, custom etc will be extra. But you should be able to setup something nice in your budget.

Saw Onkyo HT-S3300 ... 5.1 Speakers with HDMI 1.4 in the receiver @ 25000. The sound quality was quite good .

There was another JBL system at the same price but the reciever doesn't have HDMI 1.4 . I am not sure if HDMI 1.4 is necessary for PS3.

That is a fantastic deal, I bought Yamaha HT 5 years ago for about same price, and it pales in comparison to this one (except watts). Funny how far we have come in such a short time. And PS3 can do HDMI 1.4, its just used for 3D.

And stay away from headphones as much as possible, they are just compromise, used by people who can't run a dedicated HT setup at high volume. If you can, you don't need them.

And stay away from headphones as much as possible, they are just compromise, used by people who can't run a dedicated HT setup at high volume. If you can, you don't need them.

So Very True.

Dude, that Onkyo is freaking amazing for the price...buy it with your eyes closed...

Just few months back, Onkyo 3100 or 3200 was in the market for only 16k.

I wasn't planing on buying a HT back then. :wallbash:

This is a good option if only one person need to hear sound. Think over it. However, I'd suggest headphone over headset.

You can import headphone/headset if you don't have anyone who can carry it for you. Thing is you won't get warranty in India and shipping charges, custom etc will be extra. But you should be able to setup something nice in your budget.

I've never ordered anything from outside India. I dont trust the customs.

That is a fantastic deal, I bought Yamaha HT 5 years ago for about same price, and it pales in comparison to this one (except watts). Funny how far we have come in such a short time. And PS3 can do HDMI 1.4, its just used for 3D.

Thats what I was thinking. Do you think I could get something cheaper in yamaha ?

Also, Onkyo has Passive Subwoofer . Would that be a problem since I don't know what it means. :ko:

Yeah, I would suggest a full HT system over the headset if you have the option.

Full HT System is my first option too

The more I search for a good HT, The more I get confused.

At the moment I have a few HTib's in mind.

Onkyo 3300 @ 25000

Specs: http://www.onkyoindia.com/products/HT_Packages/home_style/ht-s5300/index-1.htm

Pro's: Future Proof

Con's: Passive Sub woofer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onkyo 3100 @ 16000

Specs: http://www.onkyoindia.com/products/HT_Packages/home_style/ht-s5300/index-1.htm

Pro's: Cheap (Not available atm but if I try ezone, I might get it)

Cons: Old model

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harmon Kardon AVR 134 + JBL SCS 140 BK @ 25000

Specs: http://www.indiajbl.com/HomeAudioDesc.aspx?ID=125

Pros: Looks better than Onkyo, I heard both Onkyo and found that this one sounded bit better even though it has less rms.

Cons: No HDMI 1.4, Less rms then Onkyo.

Logitech Z-5500 @ 15750

Specs: http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/logitech-z-5500/4507-3179_7-31115626.html?tag=mncolBtm;rnav

Pro: Cheap, The control unit looks good

Cons: Desktop Speakers, Lots of complaints on the internet about the control unit ceasing to work after some time rendering the speakers useless if not in warranty.

Please help me guys on deciding which one I should buy as I am confused as hell. This is the first time I am buying a HT system.

• 1 year later...

ok old thread new bump...looking to upgrade my HTS system.. suggestions in around 60k.

I am thinking of buying Denon 1312 + Tannoy HTS 101 Speaker.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tannoy-hts-101_Surround-Sound-System_review

Heard them, they sound fab but centre speaker is a little off the record, demo piece had one speaker missing off Centre so that could be the reason, thump is really awesome.

Archived