The Android Thread

pArth

HTC one is better for countries where you get both galaxy S4 & HTC one on contracts & mostly people there tend to look at such phones for what they offer, people here are demanding & of course we should be, after spending 41k an average indian would expect the best out of the phone hardware wise, a phone is not a tool to get you laid, you need a phone which helps you multitask, i am all for such phones, i don't care about brand, but currently SGS3 for me is the best all rounder, need to check S4, iphone 5 has little pleasure for the geek inside me, and the amoeba like font size of iOS hurts my eyes, apple don't seem to care for people such as me who can't read them properly so they can have my Sh!t worth of respect.

Anyway i seen a hands on of HTC one on YT, the lady said the phone has cheap white bezel on the sides, the model she saw during an Event, was displayed with metalic shinning bezel, but if HTC Can't apply finishing properly to all models then that phone is crap.Anyway i hope HTC Butterfly gets a huge price cut after HTC nONE launches here

NitroNeo, on 30 Apr 2013 - 12:35, said:

HTC one is better for countries where you get both galaxy S4 & HTC one on contracts & mostly people there tend to look at such phones for what they offer, people here are demanding & of course we should be, after spending 41k an average indian would expect the best out of the phone hardware wise, a phone is not a tool to get you laid, you need a phone which helps you multitask, i am all for such phones, i don't care about brand, but currently SGS3 for me is the best all rounder, need to check S4, iphone 5 has little pleasure for the geek inside me, and the amoeba like font size of iOS hurts my eyes, apple don't seem to care for people such as me who can't read them properly so they can have my Sh!t worth of respect.

Anyway i seen a hands on of HTC one on YT, the lady said the phone has cheap white bezel on the sides, the model she saw during an Event, was displayed with metalic shinning bezel, but if HTC Can't apply finishing properly to all models then that phone is crap.Anyway i hope HTC Butterfly gets a huge price cut after HTC nONE launches here

In the previous page i respected your opinion enough to not contradict you, but this is getting utterly ridiculous.

I went back to the Sammy store, and took pictures of the store with the S4, and my Z. The S4's pictures look overly saturated. The darks look overly dark and pinks look almost red. The Z, and my friend's S3 gave a more natural picture. I couldn't transfer the pics out of the s4, will try to do it today to give a better sample here.

Also this. Display of a white wallpaper on both devices with brightness at 100%.

uploadfromtaptalk136727.jpg

No way is the S4 displaying white as white.

Also, people on XDA complaining that S4 tends to display a pinkish tint.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2252445

Edited by Captain Fantastic

I know it's a cliche and Samsung should work on it, but that is a defective unit for sure.

How do I know? Because S3 had the same issue in first batch.

Also:

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S4_ShootOut_1.htm

Not a fair comparision imo. You're comparing a 2013 model with two 2012 models?

Not a fair comparision imo. You're comparing a 2013 model with two 2012 models?

It's a fair comparison IMO. It is not about specs or anything.

It's about display calibration which certainly didn't have a breakthrough in last one year.

Why this comparison makes sense it because

1) Most people including me have an impression that S4 is just a bumped up S3. But the comparison makes it clear that Samsung has actually worked on the calibration this time. This has been a complaint for a long time.

2) Since iPhone 5's screen calibration is held to be best or perfect by many, this shows that Samsung is catching upto them if not bettering them .

Most likely iPhone 5s would also have the same screen specs as iPhone 5 .

After reading this, i still maintain S4 is a cheap a*s phone.

You can start typing your next two paragraphs of rant now.

Edited by AtheK

At the end both phones have their pros and cons.

Samsung had a marvelous display, pretty good camera,many additional features , some of them half baked and some of them quite useful, micro SD card and battery, and the best support and upgrade cycle any OEM provides. In next 6 months when Note 3 releases I bet half the features would be ported to S4, making the phone feel brand new again. And not to mention easy to root and unroot.

It comes at the cost similar design to S3 and Grand and cheap feel (although the S3 atleast feels good to hold in hand, better than Xperia S and iPhone 5 IMO ) and to some extent Touchwiz.

Also CM or any AOSP would never be 100% stable on any Samsung devices because of closed sources.

But on the other hand, since this is gonna be the best selling Android phone, there would be tons and tons of Touchwiz based Rom with so many options that you can literally flash a rom every day. .

It's basically lambi race ka Ghoda.

HTC one also has a marvelous display, a bold camera which bests S4's cam in low light but under perform at outdoors, a new Sense , a premium look and feel .

But on the downside, HTC is gonna abandon the device in few months most likely and the update cycle is gonna be very bad, real bad. Add the locked boot loader and relatively less support , that's gonna grow old very soon.Also the service in India is bad, from what I've heard and experienced a few years back.

Anyone having OneX who has yet not tried the Viper rom, please do it so ASAP. I will buy ONE the day Viper launches it's Rom on ONE. They are the best guys out there for HTC Flagship devices.

At the end both phones have their pros and cons.

Samsung had a marvelous display, pretty good camera,many additional features , some of them half baked and some of them quite useful, micro SD card and battery, and the best support and upgrade cycle any OEM provides. In next 6 months when Note 3 releases I bet half the features would be ported to S4, making the phone feel brand new again. And not to mention easy to root and unroot.

It comes at the cost similar design to S3 and Grand and cheap feel (although the S3 atleast feels good to hold in hand, better than Xperia S and iPhone 5 IMO ) and to some extent Touchwiz.

Also CM or any AOSP would never be 100% stable on any Samsung devices because of closed sources.

But on the other hand, since this is gonna be the best selling Android phone, there would be tons and tons of Touchwiz based Rom with so many options that you can literally flash a rom every day. .

It's basically lambi race ka Ghoda.

HTC one also has a marvelous display, a bold camera which bests S4's cam in low light but under perform at outdoors, a new Sense , a premium look and feel .

But on the downside, HTC is gonna abandon the device in few months most likely and the update cycle is gonna be very bad, real bad. Add the locked boot loader and relatively less support , that's gonna grow old very soon.Also the service in India is bad, from what I've heard and experienced a few years back.

just to make sure that nobody misses these golden words that made the bias meter revolve twice over ending in a spectacular burst :lol:

Are you kidding me ? AOSP is completely stable on S3 , even 4.2.2 is very stable .

It is stable, what I meant was the camera and processor sources are closed in the international version.

So if you chose AOSP you'll be down with an avg camera.

just to make sure that nobody misses these golden words that made the bias meter revolve twice over ending in a spectacular burst :lol:

I personally don't like the sharp edges of Xperia S and iPhone 5. I like the curvy feel of S3. But that's just me.

There's no bias here. I have only used HTC One X very less, but it too has a curvy design which I prefer.