PS3 Wallpaper

Heavenly Sword Anime No.5 Wallpaper

Add-on Game Content

MotorStorm Revenge Weekend ($5.99)

MotorStorm Vehicle 1 ($0.99)

MotorStorm Vehicle 2 ($0.99)

MotorStorm Vehicle 3 ($0.99)

MotorStorm Vehicle 4 ($0.99)

Ninja Gaiden Signma - Weapon Mstr. ($2.99)

Game Videos

Heavenly Sword Anime No.5

Heavenly Sword "Making Of" No.5

MotorStorm Coyote Revenge Video

Turok "Quiet Kills" Trailer

Lair "World in Chaos" Video

PixelJunk Racers Trailer

Theatrical Trailers

Resident Evil: Extinction Trailer 2

Drillbit Taylor Trailer

Getting better with every update.

played both nba live 08 and stranglehold . first of all nba live 08 sucks bigtime . you can't imagine how irritated i was when i tried to play it . the frame rate was sluggish and so were the animations. and as expected , the gameplay was a big letdown. ea is definitely going down the drain. IT'S DEFINITELY NOT IN THE GAME . as for stranglehold it seemed decent . the matrix styled shooting is quite cool.

Heh heh, try the Nascar'08 demo. You'll double check whether it is running on PS3 or PS2. The amount of aliasing on track and framerate is just plain awful. Peter Moore seems to be in full swing at EA. Stranglehold demo was decent, specially after you unlock more Tequila abilities.

NBA 08 working.

but man...the frame rate sucks big time :D it's all graphics and no play.. (let's hope fifa 08 doesn't disappoint even if it's another team on the project).

@fideljo:

you're right it sucks big time. there were many instances where it would feel like i'm playing in slow-mo :furious:

it actually helps coz then you'll be able to pull off the tricks more easily :roflroll2:

Review of PSN Demos ...

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2008

Brief Summary: Golf, but fun.

Genre: Sports

Length: 3 holes

Size: 729MB

Singleplayer Demo

Demo Review:

Ok well to start, you only have one course and 3 holes. The demo loads fairly quickly between holes. There are no characters to choose from, just Tiger. There are a lot of little cut-scenes between swings to see Tiger's reaction. Also you can try the new "EA Sports Gamernet" feature on this demo (note: you must sign up for "EA Masters" to access Gamernet.) The only Gamernet sections that are available on the demo are "Rookie Challenge" and "Freestyle." The sections include challenges that other gamers have posted to see if you can match their peak performance in the demo.

Game Review:

I felt kind of impressed by this demo. Even though it was brief, I still enjoyed myself. You swing the club with the left analog stick which makes things so much smoother than button-mashing. The cut-scenes, when showing Tiger's facial expressions, were very detailed. The scenery was also well done, the courses were pleasing to the eye and posed a moderate challenge. The Gamernet feature was kind of cool and you have a lot of different challenges to choose from within the 2 sections.

Is it Worth It?

It depends. If you are a golfer or just love the sport, then go for it. If you don't fall under those categories, it's best to just save your time and disk space for something else. Let's face it; it's golf.

Nascar 2008

Brief Summary: Better luck next year.

Genre: Sports/Racing

Length: One track, 8 laps

Size: 569MB

Single player

Demo Review:

Poor graphics, 3 cars to choose from, 2 type of modes ("Qualify" and "Race") and to top it all off, BORING.

Game Reviews:

This demo was horrible. There's no other way to put it. It was simply disappointing. There was no music while you drive. The cars looked really sketchy. All the cars sounded the same. Do I have to say more?

Is It Worth It?

Absolutely Not. Between the graphics and gameplay, it felt like I was playing the PS2 all over again. If you want to waste disk space and a whole lot of time, download this demo.

John Woo Presents Stranglehold

Brief Summary: A Blast and a Half

Genre: Action

Length: About 30 min

Size: 1.3GB

Singleplayer Demo

Demo Review:

This Demo is the Definition of "Action". You have 2 difficulty settings to choose from "Casual" and "Normal". In the beginning you have one pair of pistols and no special powers. As you progress through the demo, blowing up objects and people alike, you will eventually get 2 more powers (a third once the demo is completed.) Also you will receive 2 more weapons in the demo. When you have completed the demo, the mode "Hard" is unlocked. I think the only thing about this demo that is actually boring is the fact to get the third power and the new difficulty is to sit through a VERY LONG and boring video preview of the actual game.

Game Review:

First and foremost, I love the environment in this demo! Everything blows up! Bird cages, crates, even watermelons! The graphics in this game are mediocre; nothing too special. This game was meant for people who love action, explosions, and more explosions. So to sum this demo in two words: Tequila Time!

Is It Worth It?

Yes, Yes, and final YES! This demo just never gets old with the slow motion, gun shooting, and the watermelons!

NBA Live 2008

Brief Summary: Just another basketball game

Genre: Sports

Length: 1 half (2 min quarters)

Size: 661MB

Singleplayer Demo

Demo Review:

I was not impressed by this demo at all. You only have 2 quarters (2 min each) and you can pick between the Cavaliers, Spurs, Spain, and France and you can only play on one court.

Game Review:

I felt like this game has good gameplay, the plays run very smooth, and the players look more realistic. So I have seen improvement since last year. I feel the only thing wrong with this demo is, it's not long enough.

Is It Worth It?

Possibly. If you feel that last year needed some improvement, then maybe you will see the results your looking for this year. But then again, 661MB for 4 minutes of game play?

Dynasty Warriors Gundam

Brief Summary: More Button Mashing!

Genre: Action/Strategy

Length: About 20 min

Size: 449MB

Singleplayer Demo

Demo Review:

This demo consisted of 1 mode, 1 character, and 1 mission. The gameplay is like any other Dynasty Warriors game; run around these huge maps destroying masses upon masses of people or, in this case, robots.

Game Review:

This chapter in the series seems to be well on its way to becoming the best Dynasty Warriors game. It was just pure fun with the floods of robots coming in just waiting for you to blow them away. Most times you don't even know what is going on, all you want to do is mash those "square" and "circle" buttons.

Is It Worth It?

I think so. Who doesn't like a game where the objective is to have a robot Slug-Fest?

DiRT

Brief Summary: Brilliant

Genre: Sports/Racing

Length: 3 tracks (2 laps each)

Size:553MB

Singleplayer Demo

Demo Review:

This Demo has got me itching to buy the full version! You have 3 cars to choose from with three different paint jobs. Every car you choose has its own default track. you have 2 difficulty settings to race on "Rookie" and "Amateur".

Game Review:

This is one of the best car racing games I have played in a very long time. The graphics are out of this world; the cars look realistic and the dirt is, well, dirty. The menu is slick with its flashy, quick-moving sub menus. Watch out Gran Turismo, Dirt is going to over-lap you!

Is It Worth It?

Without a doubt! This Demo is so rockin' and rollin' it's a must try. You will enjoy yourself from beginning to end.

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

Brief Summary: Madness

Genre: Puzzle

Length: 3 matches (about 2 min each)

Size: 52MB

Singleplayer/ Multiplayer Demo

Demo Review:

In this demo you're very limited when it comes to selection. You can play one game mode (includes 3 puzzles) on the easiest difficulty setting. Multiplayer matches are held locally between Ryu and Ken. In the singleplayer mode, you can choose between 8 characters.

Game Review:

It's a typical arcade game; pretty fun and gets a little intense when the end of a match approaches. The classic Street Fighter music remixes were pretty cool too.

Is It Worth It?

Sure. It doesn't take up that much space and it you might find this title to be addicting.

http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/2685/2/

Thanks for the hint CC downloaded a couple of games,here is my review

Motorstorm:

Graphics -good

Gameplay - good

Music - liked it for myself

ps: you'll love riding the bikies because you can kick and show off you a*s , and definetely youll love the crash sequences awesome

DIRT:

Graphics -exellent

Gameplay -good

Music - none

ps: the cars handled pretty much the same no big difference whether on gravel or mud and the braking too artificial youll just stop instantly irrespective of the spped and surface.

overall the the game rocks because of the graphics and reallistic damage engine everything is deformable

GranTurismo:

Graphics -exellent

Gameplay -exellent

Music -average

ps: Its possibly the best racing sim I have played 10 cars normal and 10 tweaked cars to choose from the are available as you finish within the given time and you can also unlock the drift mode but i felt very difficult to score high in it.got to have a sterring wheel to enjoy the full otential of the game,other than that the cars look almost real and no damage system atall so dont worry about scratching those beauties

cars included - suziki cuppichino,mazda,honda acura,toyota rally car,ferrari,misthibishi evo IV and VII,....sorry dont remember the remaining

Stranglehold:

Graphics -good

Gameplay -good

Music - average

ps- the graphics didnt catch my eye neither did the gameplay when I played the game for the first time found it very difficult to use the ,movement controlls and the aim control youll need hell of a practice to master them,but the cut sequences ad storyline seen to be good and the evironment around you is fully destructable even cement from pillars is torn away by bullets and you can see the metal bars inside truely John Woo experience

Another major PSN store update.

Store Update 13/09/2007

New downloadable games:

• PixelJunk Racers ($6.99) - A single and multi-player slot car racing game, with 32 modes, 10 tracks and online rankings.

• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition ($9.99) Ante up! Play limit or no-limit poker in five different game types. There’s single player mode or you can play up to five others online.

Demos, demos and more demos:

• PixelJunk Racers

• Tony Hawk’s Proving Ground

• NHL 08

• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

• FIFA 08

Of course, more movie trailers and videos and wallpapers for your favorite new and upcoming games:

• Everyday Shooter trailer

• Warhawk trailer

• Lair Behind the Scenes video

• Feel the Noise trailer

• Juiced 2 trailer

• High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition trailer

• Soul Calibur IV trailer

• High Stakes: Poker wallpaper

• 2 PixelJunk Racer wallpapers

• Folklore wallpaper

And finally, we also have a free music track from our favorite dragon game, Lair.

from http://blog.us.playstation.com/2007/09/13/...n-store-update/

Looks like Sony has been going all out since last 2/3 weeks. And now five demos in single week. Good for gamers..

PlayStation Store on the PC

http://onaxis.blogspot.com/2007/09/tgs-200...tore-on-pc.html

Sony announced today at its TGS 2007 press conference that users will now be able to access the PlayStation Store via their PC. While you obviously won't be able to play demos this way, videos and such will all be accessible. Also, PSP users will now be able to download content to their system by way of their PC without having to go through a PS3, helping those who don't own Sony's latest console.

We'll have more information on this as it becomes available, including the unannounced URL.

can you download the demos and transfer them onto the ps3 using a memcard or dvdrw? i've read reports that downloading demos from PSN (using the ps3) is painfully slow...

V

oh is it.. For me its the other way round.. when ever i download from PS3 its like i am having a download accelerator in a PC with 10 conns established.. Its extremely fast from ps3 and maximizes the bandwidth usage

it seems what u r asking it is possible according to this.. I havent tried it. I think its not an issue installing a demo from a usb drive or cd.. The issue is with downloading the demo out of ps3

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/2007/02/25/instal...3-games-via-pc/

Just a quick update for the European store:

European PS Store updates for 20th September

The Euro PS Store has been updated again and includes the following:

* MediEvil - PS1 game for the PSP and PS3 - £3.49

* Syphon Filter - PS1 game for the PSP and PS3 - £3.49

* LocoRoco Cocoreccho! - PS3 'interactive screensaver' and game - £1.99

* Jericho Trailer - Free

http://www.ps3attitude.com/2007/09/europea...-for-today.html

I hope demos are the way :furious:

I would love to play LocoRoco Cocoreccho but i don't have a credit card.. ;)

PSN US store UPDATE (20/09/07):

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update on what’s new in the PLAYSTATION Store this week. Let’s get straight to the good stuff with four new demos:

• Skate

• NBA 08

• Sega Rally Revo

• Stuntman: Ignition

We’ve also released a new downloadable game, LocoRoco Cocoreccho!, for $6.99. In addition to several new wallpapers, we’ve also posted up some great trailers and videos – everything from GT5 Prologue to Ratchet and Clank Future to Devil May Cry.

Check ‘em out.

I'm surely getting Skate, Tony Hawk sucked a*s :threatenlumber: it looked more like a cheap ps2 port rather than a next gen game.

Archived