Dark Souls II

Shadoken

Phew...finished harvest valley , poison everywhere . There was a broken statue similar to dark souls 1 :wOOtjumpy: , cant wait to read user speculations and discuss the lore . The design of the giants there is really cool . Boss desgin was great too but another easy boss . Overall great area :thumbsup:

:doh: Why did you get butthurt? I was not laughing at you cause you are finding this game difficult. Game is tough for EVERY new player. But soon when you get the hang of it, things get better. Actually it isn't a tough game, it is CHALLENGING. The game expects you to learn from your mistakes and get better. I have said it before and will say it again - Dark Souls brings the worst/best out of you as gamer, depends on how you see it.

In the beginning it is same for EVERYONE - 'wtf is this sh*t' 'I can't take it anymore' 'this is unfair' etc etc. But after putting in some time your playing style improves and you think differently. You will enjoy the challenge. The satisfaction of killing a boss (after dying many times) or clearing an area that you first thought was impossible, is priceless. No other RPG can match that satisfaction IMO.

Lol, why would i get butthurt !! .. I know you were trying to explain things not laughing at me, only a fool would do that.

Game is really tough, i know i will improve in time but for now i feel unfair, unethical and confusing playing this..

This game need hell of a time than skyrim or dragon dogma did.. killing all the enemies again if you die for your silly mistakes you do in game

i play in night and this is scary, it gets your heart pumping so hard if you are close to death with all those hard earned souls.

I can't even defeat a regular monster now, Boss toh bahut door ki baat hai yaar..

Don't worry, what you are feeling is normal. And every bad-a*s Souls player out there felt the same when they started.

You will enjoy the game more when you start Multiplayer activities - Helping others defeating bosses/clearing areas or invading someone's game world and kill them for guilty pleasure. Also there are arenas where you duel with another player for glory. MP in this game unlike any other game.

Keep playing and ask here if you are stuck anywhere. We discuss ONLY Dark Souls 2 in this thread. No Xbox vs PS, PC vs Console and peasant vs master race Bullcrap.

@heaven angel, If you think your blade is not hitting the enemy and their's is, don't play it like a hack and slash game where you just go to town on an enemy and combo them till they're dead. In Dark Souls you have to wait for openings to attack. Let the enemy finish their attack animation (avoid it by blocking with shield or roll to dodge it), then attack when you spot an opening. Keep doing this until they're dead. Now if you allocate your stats correctly and keep upgrading your gear then most normal enemies shouldn't take more than 2-3 hits.

Edited by Tyler

Keep playing and ask here if you are stuck anywhere. We discuss ONLY Dark Souls 2 in this thread. No Xbox vs PS, PC vs Console and peasant vs master race Bullcrap.

Haha, have you every saw my comments being so desperate about defending the platform i own?

I enjoy gaming not hardware.

@heaven angel, If you think your blade is not hitting the enemy and their's is, don't play it like a hack and slash game where you just go to town on an enemy and combo them till they're dead. In Dark Souls you have to wait for openings to attack. Let the enemy finish their attack animation (avoid it by blocking with shield or roll to dodge it), then attack when you spot an opening. Keep doing this until they're dead. Now if you allocate your stats correctly and keep upgrading your gear then most normal enemies shouldn't take more than 2-3 hits.

Yea man, I rush in like i am some God of war (Kratos) type char and end up being dead :P

Then i knew i should play this diplomatically, we can't just barge in every time.

I mean I've just started this game, it'll take time to understand.

Not trying to boast or anything but I only died once during first couple of hours, that too when I rolled off a cliff by mistake.

/hardcore gamer

That cool but must be bad too 'coz you might have lost some loads of souls you earned.

You eventually play good when you are familiar with the basics and are a good player

even i start every shooter game on hard difficulty for a challenge.

That cool but must be bad too 'coz you might have lost some loads of souls you earned.

You eventually play good when you are familiar with the basics and are a good player

even i start every shooter game on hard difficulty for a challenge.

lol I was just running past everyone to get to the first bonfire :P

This game is PRETTY tough for every newcomer.If one says that it isn't,then he's lying to himself.My first souls game was DeS.I almost gave up on it for lie a month.But when i finally defeated the Tower knight and finally understood the basics of the game(shield up and keep rolling :P),it became enjoyable.And now,DS2 so addicting that i don't feel like playing another game.Trying out different build is so interesting.You always look for ways to one shot your enemies,and when you succeed,the pleasure level is over 9000!

I hope Dark Souls lovers have already completed the game, now i want to start this one so which class should i start with?

suggest the best class to complete this without trouble :P

This is my first soul game.

I think soldier, knight are the most common ones

Played for an hr, game is good but very dark, scary and death everywhere (which is suppose to be)

died almost 50 time in that time, can't collect souls and i turn into hollow.

my health gets very low, can't defeat that idiot big green monster.. with no instructions, map or objective? :doh:

How can i get into man from hollow? bonefire doesn't work

Warrior class is very good.

Magic builds are easier in later part of the game but for first playthrough, use warrior. You get a shield in the beginning. Put points in end,str and vit mainly if you decide to start as melee. Also, keep the equipment burden below 70%.

Use human effigy to turn to human. Which green monster are you talking about?

Take life ring as starting gift.

Once you get the ring of life protection, it will be easier not to turn hollow since you can always repair it for 3000 souls.

Mostly Blood bros, Rat bros and Bell Keepers.

IMO, both Rat bro and Bell Keeper covenant are not fair. Rat covenant is for trolling purpose so it is somewhat acceptable, but 2 Bell Keeper vs 1 Trespasser is just ridiculous.

BTW, are you playing on PS3? Please add me. I am playing with a new PSN ID - Kn1ght_ArtoriaSx

Yes, I am playing on ps3. I already platted the game. I have a melee character at 215 and a magic character at 190. Nice psn id. The artorias dlc of dark souls1 was so good.

This game is way easier than the first two.

Warrior class is very good.

Magic builds are easier in later part of the game but for first playthrough, use warrior. You get a shield in the beginning. Put points in end,str and vit mainly if you decide to start as melee. Also, keep the equipment burden below 70%.

Use human effigy to turn to human. Which green monster are you talking about?

Take life ring as starting gift.

Once you get the ring of life protection, it will be easier not to turn hollow since you can always repair it for 3000 souls.

Yes, I am playing on ps3. I already platted the game. I have a melee character at 215 and a magic character at 190. Nice psn id. The artorias dlc of dark souls1 was so good.

This game is way easier than the first two.

Will try that class as well, see which suits me the most,

I read here that human effigy is very hard to find and i get into hollow mode pretty fast

we get one in the beginning, i think i'll save it for crucial stages.

I was talking about this monster, called Orge

maxresdefault.jpg

3000 souls, Damn!! sala it's too much

No mercy :dwarf:

Are you playing on PS3 or have u got a PC?

PS3 but can't come online, i temporarily shifted to my other apartment for studying

I play for sometime to freshen up ;) ..

^^the ogres are optional and strong for a starting character.

just go ahead and leave them be for now.

just be patient with the game.

Lol, they are optional, i thought i have to go through by killing them. faaaack !! wasted time..

since there are no marker, map or objective, one doesn't know what to do next..

Lol, they are optional, i thought i have to go through by killing them. faaaack !! wasted time..

just hear to what npc's say. you will most likely figure out where to go.

and if stuck, you can always ask here.

suggest a dex build weapon.

been using blacksteel katana +10. getting 190 + 175(scaling) damage.

getting bored with this weapon.the damage is decent but poise damage is negligible.getting hits in between my swings and in ng+, these hits take up a good chunk of health.

have 40 dex.40 int.

Belfry Gargoyles fight is so easy when you play with someone. I joined Arpit Singh last night and we literally defeated the boss in 30 seconds, LOL. Both of us were playing as Hexer.

BTW, I got disconnected from the DS2 servers (just once). So they banned me from MP activities for 30 mins :doh:

That's the most fun part. Wandering around and figuring it out by yourself. You try to ask for hand holding, they'll cut your hand off :P

And human effigies aren't that hard to come by, but you can't waste them either. A bit later in the game, you can try to be summoned by other players. Sometimes you'll get your human form restored if you help them defeat the boss.