God of War III

KnackChap

• 3 weeks later...

Cory Barlog writes on his blog:

"For me, the whole departure from Sony was not exactly the ideal route that I wanted to go, but in the end I think it is the absolute best thing I could have ever done. I am not going to go into any specifics as to what it is I am working on now, which sucks, but I can say that I am cooking up several things.

I know for the God of War fans out there it might be a bummer that I am not working on God of War 3 (or for some it may be a good thing I am not) but rest assured that it is all in good hands. The Sony Santa Monica team is one of the best teams I have ever worked with. Also, immediately after I finished God of War 2 I was already working on the story and design for the third game. So when Sony and I finally did part ways the foundation of the game, along with story that completes the arc we began in God of War , was complete. I wish I could have been there to see it through to the end, but it was just not meant to be I guess. The story is going to finish off with a very big, very epic bang though. I think everyone will be quite pleased. Well, everyone except edge magazine that is. :giggle:"

The story is going to finish off with a very big, very epic bang though. I think everyone will be quite pleased. Well, everyone except edge magazine that is. :D"

:roflroll2:

oh and GOW,Cory and Jaffe :giggle:

• 3 weeks later...
Source: A daisy chain of copied-and-pasted reprintings that lead through Computer and Videogames, right past GamesRadar, and into print mag PlayStation World UK.

What we heard: With God of War II occupying the history books for nearly a year, fervor is building for God of War III, the next console iteration of Sony's series that is as popular as it is brutal. However, aside from former God of War II director Cory Barlog's wagging tongue in March mentioning the game would feature 1080p resolution and rumble support, followed nearly nine months later by an official Sony Computer Entertainment America confirmation of its existence, God of War III remains little not much more than a name.

Be that as it may, PlayStation World UK, via CVG and GamesRadar, reports God of War III will surface for the PlayStation 3 no sooner than late 2009. Citing "reliable Sony sources," the mag gives no other pertinent details on the game, saying only "we shouldn't expect to see Kratos blowing his fuse until around Christmas 2009 at the earliest."

So how does the report stack up? Taking into account the dearth of information or assets currently available for GOWIII, a 2008 release seems doubtful. At issue, then, seems to be the "late" portion of the 2009 equation. Traditionally, Kratos has staked his claim on the first half of the year, with the original God of War, its sequel, and the soon-to-be-released PSP prequel God of War: Chains of Olympus all surfacing in March. A March 2009 release would also line up nicely with the two-year interlude between GOW and GOWII.

However, as has been seen time and time again in recent months, developing for the PS3 has proven to be a far more involved affair than crafting games for the seven-year-old PlayStation 2. Combine that with the series' cinematic approach to creating epic moments and boss fights--events that require countless hours of development to get a comparatively minute section of gameplay just right--and the series' debut on the PS3 could very well require more development time than its PS2 predecessors. As such, an announced March 2009 release date, followed by a delay to late 2009 seems like an entirely plausible hypothetical.

More....

One Funny Comment was, "That's when i am going to buy a PS3"

akS !

Ya take as long as you want give us something even better then GOW II....

As it is not only kratos...millions are waiting in this world to kick your sorry a*s ZEUS......

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...