Assassin's Creed: Unity

SRINI87

Well, this is not why I bought a (next-gen) console so early! To enjoy games at a promised resolution with good frame-rate without going through all this "performance tweaks" nonsense IS the only reason why I buy consoles! And I expected a lot better this time! Now, I feel f**ked up! :doh:

All these performance tweaks posts are for PC not consoles....

Let's not forget the consoles have 2 year old mid range GPU tech and low clock netbook CPUs inside them.

Dude, You can't expect mainstream casual gamer to know all these hardware details.. :P

Edited by Zodak™

^ You picked the wrong platform if you were interested in 'promised' resolutions and good framerates.

Let's not forget the consoles have 2 year old mid range GPU tech and low clock netbook CPUs inside them.

Good framerate=Locked at 30fps. 60fps? Added advantage! I expected a lot better this time which doesn't seem to be happening!

Promised=Announced officially. Either 720p or 1080p. I am fine with either one.

All these performance tweaks posts are for PC not consoles....

That's what I meant! :mellow:

You have to do all this for PC gaming! Consolol, install the game and there you go!

Edited by LethalGamer

Good framerate=Locked at 30fps. 60fps? Added advantage! I expected a lot better this time which doesn't seem to be happening!

Looking at the track record UBISOFT has kicked optimisation out of its lexicon of terms. So you best look at some other company.

That's what I meant! :mellow:

You have to do all this for PC gaming! Consolol, install the game and there you go!

Waits for day-one patch to become the norm. :giggle:

^ You picked the wrong platform if you were interested in 'promised' resolutions and good framerates.

To pick your choice of platform to play Civilization 5 or to play badly optimized ports????

A patch would fix this.Hold on peeps.

Hopefully locked 30 will be doable in the future as more devs get experience with the SDKs and hardware. I don't see this industry prioritizing 60fps at all. As for resolutions, I'm not sure many people would be happy with 720p. And 1080p seems increasingly difficult so who knows where things will settle.

More generally though, the way I see it is... Assassin's Creed has sold 70 million copies and the vast majority of those were sub 720p and sub 25fps. As gamers we have taught companies like Ubi that we are okay with poorly performing games. That's why they have the audacity to release games that look and run like this. We need to show them that it's not acceptable. But, what will really happen is that in about 4 days Ubi will put out a press release gloating about how this game sold 2 million copies in a week.

To pick your choice of platform to play Civilization 5 or to play badly optimized ports????

I was making a general observation about facts that actually can't be argued. Of course, you had to turn it into a platform war. It's a bit rich that you choose to call out 'badly optimized PC ports' in the thread of a game where your preferred platform actually performs the worst of the whole lot.

All the games on PS4 are either locked 30fps or 30-60fps except one. All the games are also 1080p except BF4 which is 60fps. The only other 2 games running at 900p with abysmal framerate came from the stable of Ubi, lets not put all devs under the same umbrella of incompetence.

Hilarious ACU review in Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/review/RTDOWG8IG081J/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&amp%3BASIN=B00J48MUS4&amp%3BnodeID=468642&amp%3Bstore=videogames

The game itself (no spoilers) centers around Arno, an Assasin in search of locked chests that require a cell phone game with micro transactions to open. You level him up by "hacking" into your bank account to drain real money at 60 FPS. The rest of the game runs at a solid 12 FPS which is TWICE as cinematic as a movie... No small feat! Once you've completed "playing" a website on your computer, Arno is finally ready to fall through the ground and enter a white abyss...

:rofl::rofl:

• Like 2

if bethesda can pull 1080@60 for wolfenstein on a shitty hardware like xbox one, then boss anything imo is doable.

I can bet that iD Tech 5 will run @60fps on a toaster given enough time.

Had to log-in to like this review.

Edited by ALPHA17

if bethesda can pull 1080@60 for wolfenstein on a shitty hardware like xbox one, then boss anything imo is doable.

Let's not compare a linear cross-gen shooter like Wolfenstien with nextgen open world games....Lastgen all Bethesda open world games were terrible on PS3 including Idtech 5's Rage...lol

We will see how these consoles will perform when games like Witcher 3, Arkham Knight and Fallout 4 are out.. :P