Which Internet Connection is everyone using ?

Xeno

ISP and speed? The speeds have relatively improved over the weekend.. Hopefully wasn't an aberration Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2Beam Telecom. 20mbps

Lol at those speeds I wonder if you'll notice any change :P

Reports said some ISPs aren't affected much.. Maybe yours is one of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

call kiya mtnl ki customer care pe as had opted for an upgrade to 1mbps wala plan and 1 st april se shuru hojana chahiyeh tha but hua nahi so complaint leli unhone,24hrs mai koi result milega lets see -_-

Read somewhere that airtel is waving he fup limit of customers illegally so that they don't shift to other ISPs. Anyone tried it? I'm fed up with the current plan of airtel ( noida) 1399 for 2 mbps 30 gb fup. After that 256 kbps!! Greedy bastards.

This has been going on for the past 5 years in every metro. Most people get a 1 MBPS line without FUP , if pushed further / lucky they end up on 2 MBPS. I almost had it until the airtel system deactivated my line exactly by the start of the 8th day from the cancellation request. My fault , was at work when those guys kept calling me for offers.

• Like 1

is anyone else from delhi also facing latency issues with airtel isp

from 2 days the ping and jittter has been horrible and due to that i am lagging like hell in bf3

called them up and they dont even know abc of latency ...

" bas baith jaate hain help ke liye aata jaata kuch bhi nahin hai"

Damn! got the airtel connection day before y'day and already expired my limit, currently on a 2mbps 8gb fup :(

The 80gb fup connections are mighty expensive in my area compared to rest other circles 1mbps 80gb fup is 1799in lucknow and 1299 in rest parts :samui:

256kbps awaits me now :cry:

Edited by kunallkw

is anyone else from delhi also facing latency issues with airtel isp

from 2 days the ping and jittter has been horrible and due to that i am lagging like hell in bf3

called them up and they dont even know abc of latency ...

" bas baith jaate hain help ke liye aata jaata kuch bhi nahin hai"

is it jaata or jhata?

Applied for cancellation today. Within a few hours the airtel guy called offering better plan and sh*t :lol: Was offering me 15 gb 8 mbps ( post fup speed is 512kbps) for 1299. Told him to gtfo. Maybe if they offer something better then I'll change my mind.

Just tell him you've applied for a new plan on a different ISP and about to sign the papers / pay for it. They'll rush to your place the next day asking for what's wrong with your connection. It's quite hillarious as this would be taken as a complaint as opposed to a cancellation request. You'd be pestered on what plan/ISP you are in for and THIS is your trump. NEVER say anything and play along with " doesn't concern you that now I'm off airtel " / " you don't have the need to know " / other plausible deniability memes in pop culture. They'll finally given in for the UL plan of 1 MBPS and if you go aboard with entirely refusing , slim chance of 2 MBPS UL.

Btw , that 8 MBPS line with a 15 gig cap for 1299 + tax was offered to me on the 1st day of cancellation , that too for under 1000 including tax since I was " valuable customer " :lol:

Had a Tata Photon+ postpaid, gave disconnection request a month ago. Received a confirmation call offering new plans, etc. I refused that offer and told them to go ahead and disconnect. Got a couple of SMS messages indicating that the request has been processed, etc.

Three weeks later, I receive a mail that my tariff plan has been changed to a costlier one. I promptly called up CC only to be told that "Sir, our executives went to your place. You told them that instead of disconnecting, give me a new plan."

Told the CC to disconnect immediate and that I'd follow up for the billing for two weeks which they would do. Received another couple of SMS messages indicating request has been processed, etc.

Another week later (today) I called them up again to check on the status and they said, "No sir, we do not have any record of the cancellation followup. Let me take a complaint."

The way I see it, presuming they behave and cancel the connection in the next couple of days, they'll bill me for the entire month. I haven't even used the device in that time. If indeed the cancellation is done, should I pay up the last bill (around Rs. 1000 ) and clear my account with them once and for all?

Is it worth the hassle to fight it out to reduce the bill (I see myself having to walk into a Tata/Docomo center and doing a lot of venting) ?

:cry: enjoy your 8 Mbps with 100gb FUP Bro

Dafug !! what plan is this ??? :O

I'm on a 2mbps @899 8 GB fup and frustrated :(

Same here no 8 Mbps availability --said only 100mtrs from DC :(

Need to find out about 4mbps :ack:

Edited by kunallkw

I disconnected my airtel connection around 8 months ago and still no one came over to disconnect their wires.

I got one call from airtel around 2 months ago that i still have unpaid amount. Then i said that i already got an email confirming that my connection was disconnected and the due amount was Nil. Douche said that he will look into it. :doh:

Airtel di maa di... :rant: