The Android Thread

pArth

guys need some help here.I was also thinking of buying the spica but my local hotspot is offering the galaxy for 14.2k.So is there any reason why I should choose the spica over the galaxy if am getting both at almost the same price??

Also if there are said reasons where can I get the spica.Please tell a location near nehru place.I have tried 4 stores and couldnt find even one which is selling.Do I get a memory card with it??

dude, go to any samsung home and they'll offer it to for 12.8k... i got it for 12.5k from them... there's a samsung home in basant lok.. that's where i got it from!!

as far as choosing between galaxy spica and galaxy,,, spica any day man... it has a processor ~800Mhz, where as galaxy has a processor ~500Mhz.. and spica is way cheaper and faster... though the only negative is that the buttons dont have a back light, in spica...

Edited by Madhav

A free app I found on Lifehacker. Don't worry it's not a rickroll or anything.

But I think it's only for those of you in the US right now. Called iTag. Helps you recover, track or wipe your Android device remotely and the service is free.

http://lifehacker.com/5522224/

http://itag.com/login.htm

im using wavesecure as of now.. will try this as well.. thanks..will switch to it if it has the capability of turning on GPS remotely automatically...

Edited by Shantz

im using wavesecure as of now.. will try this as well.. thanks..will switch to it if it has the capability of turning on GPS remotely automatically...

Wavesecure... it's what I use.. on my N79 of course.

Sorry for the OT, but I have to ask since you mention wavesecure. Wavesecure is free for nokia phones right? Then why is it that while I am able to use all backup features for free (S60v3), my dad (on an X6 with S60v5) gets a limitation of only being able to backup SMSes? Any idea?

dont know if its free for nokia..

Well it is.

This portal is exclusively for owners of selected Nokia phones in India - WaveSecure is free for you, courtesy of Nokia! If you don’t have WaveSecure pre-loaded, you can click here to sign up too!

Now I get it, his phone was bought from the states. So it wouldn't register as a Nokia India model. Maybe that's why. Oh well, atleast he can back up contacts...

Carry on people. I shall go win an HTC Incredible or a Droid or something and come back and join you.

Yeah, In my dreams