Dark Souls

Shadoken

Abandoned my X360 playthough and started a new playthrough on the PC. Went with the Warrior class and pumped some points into leveling up my Dex and Endurance with only one upgrade to Strength (probably a mistake at this early stage). Reached the Taurus Demon but the mofo keeping knocking me off the runway thanks to the collision detection on his knee during his attack animation interfering with my attempts to dodge roll to his side :P . I manage to plunge attack him thrice but get knocked off when I try the rinse repeat cycle for the fourth (and hopefully final strike).

I'm planning to start my PC campaign today :D

Guys i warped back to DARKMOON TOMB from duke's archives & got GWYN there...

i am not able to defeat him no matter what strategy i try...

In fact,can't kill any of the bosses after O&S

Demon firesage/gwyn/kalameet/knight artorias/seath the scaleless,....none of them

I am playing offline/have NO humanity/no pyro/no sorcery attacks...

I want to defeat bosses without any of these special powers...

Do you guys think it is possible at later stages of the game??

Or am i overstressing myself for thing which is next to impossible..??

Real frustrated to the point of selling my copy to anyone for FREE !! :(

But i won't :lol:

HELP !!

Really? You must be doing something wrong. With the exception of the DLC bosses (Arotrias, Kalameet and Manu) all the other bosses are super easy compared to Oren and Smough.

For Gwyndolin, use a shield that has super high magic resistance as almost all his attacks are magic based. Run in a zig zag pattern and take cover behind pillars. Then when you get up close to him, smack him as much as you can before he teleports.

Demon Firesage is hard if you stay away from him. You can cheese his AI by being really close to him so he only does the drop attack which is easily avoided.

Seath the scaleless is Seath the skillless. Put on high curse resistance armor and just beat the sh*t out of him, no strategy required. Just make sure you break the crystal pillar in the room before the fight otherwise his health recharges.

• Like 1

I am playing offline/have NO humanity/no pyro/no sorcery attacks...

I want to defeat bosses without any of these special powers...

They're not special powers, they are an integral part of the game. The game gives enemies every advantage it can, why deny yourself the few you have ?

But if you want to go melee only, I'm sure that's a perfectly viable way to finish the game.

Gwyndolin is an optional boss, so only bother if you really want.

Artorias can be out-tanked, AFAIK none of his attacks damage if you have a 100% physical shield and enough endurance, just be patient and hit him after attacks. Since you have only physical attacks, you might need Cloranthy ring or green blossoms to keep your stamina up.

Kalameet can only be challenged after you kill Artorias, so don't bother now.

Hope you're fighting Seath in the Crystal Caves and not referring to the Duke's encounter.

Follow Afty's tips, and refer to the wiki if you are close to giving up, all bosses can be defeated in manageable ways.

• Like 1

Seath is really easy to defeat with the cursebite ring and some decent weaponry. Just circle around him and thrash his stubby tails. But try to make sure that he's in the center of the room, or else he'll corner you and crystal the sh*t out of you. Gold Pine resin was effective in this fight for me.

Gwyn can be done by low equip load and a decent magic resistance shield. I used the crest shield. You just need to get close to him and then just two hand and WHALE on him.

But magic is a very important part of the game, even most of the pros I know use magic in some way, even if its just Iron Flesh or Power Within. Many bosses have high weaknesses to certain forms of magic or pyro. But if you want to make the game more challenging (God knows why you want to) you can.

• Like 1

If you finished the painted world of aramis then you should have the blood shield. You have probably also saved dusk, and her armor is good against curse.

And when seath does the wide crystal attack, blocking does help, even through they are below you.

• Like 1

I have the steam version. How do I do this?

Yeah, I have steam version too. DS fix is almost mandatory for playing Dark Souls on the PC, and the DSC fix helps in connecting GFWL friends in game.

Get DS Fix from here and DSC Fix from here and install them both (simple process).

Add me on GFWL - Sid121g

Centipede Demon is suck a pain in the a*s. He's really starting to piss me off. Well at least I prevented Solaire from going crazy by getting the sunlight maggot. Sunbros look out for each other :punk:

But i had to take out Logan :( That poor crazy naked bastard.

Cleared CATACOMBS & tomb of the gaints also yesterday night itself....

Though i didn't found the blacksmith in catacombs !!!

Can anyone tell me how to reach blacksmith from the second bonfire.

NOT that insane way all YOUTUBE videos show.

Felt Catacombs was a drag.Albeit level design was cool but the caves were outright boring.Felt like i am playing dragon's dogma :(

Tomb of giants was OK.but the first few levels were the best in the game.All in all,almost done with the GAME !!

The Best RPG i have ever played. !!!

Can't wait for DARK SOULS 2 !! :)