Team Fortress 2

Saumil

How n00b friendly is TF2? Is it as brutal as CS where beginners are raped and scarred in their first few games never to return? I really want to get into it but every time I've tried it, it's been quite overwhelming..

Play as the Medic and keep healing injured players as fast as you can. You get points not only for kill assists but also for the amount of healing you dish out. I guarantee you will be MVP 8/10 times.

Or play as the Engineer. This is a bit more tricky as you need to know the maps and game pacing mechanics. Keep moving up teleporters and dispensers as your team captures points. You score points for each teleport and just how well your dispenser is serving your teammates.

And if you're ninja enough, try sneaking in sentries into offensive positions so that your team never has to fall back.

Play as the Medic and keep healing injured players as fast as you can. You get points not only for kill assists but also for the amount of healing you dish out. I guarantee you will be MVP 8/10 times.

Or play as the Engineer. This is a bit more tricky as you need to know the maps and game pacing mechanics. Keep moving up teleporters and dispensers as your team captures points. You score points for each teleport and just how well your dispenser is serving your teammates.

And if you're ninja enough, try sneaking in sentries into offensive positions so that your team never has to fall back.

Yes, played as a Medic yesterday. Was lotta fun. I reached ubercharge but had no idea what it was. Finished the round without using it. Teammates were asking why I didn't use it and I replied asking how? :doh:

Why don't you guys just post in this thread whenever u plan to play? Will join in whenever I can. Wanna learn more of the game..

Yes, played as a Medic yesterday. Was lotta fun. I reached ubercharge but had no idea what it was. Finished the round without using it. Teammates were asking why I didn't use it and I replied asking how? :doh:

When your ubercharge reaches 100%, you can activate it by right clicking. that will give you and your current healing target invulnerability for 8 seconds. which means that you and the person you are healing will not take any damage at all during that period, and it is a good way to push forward and destroy sentries or clear choke points in the map.

When your ubercharge reaches 100%, you can activate it by right clicking. that will give you and your current healing target invulnerability for 8 seconds. which means that you and the person you are healing will not take any damage at all during that period, and it is a good way to push forward and destroy sentries or clear choke points in the map.

Yup figured that out. Been reading on the gameplay mechanics. It seems to be a rather deep game with lots of tactics and strategies. I guess I'll stick to the simpler classes initially..

Undoubtedly its the best MP-shooter on PC ATM, and i think only TF3 can surpass that ;P

I've clocked in at some 1,200+ hours on 3 different account lol. some of you might have played with me on SG servers, i go by the name of "reYez." on steam.

nice thread saumil :)

i have around 190 hours in this game and it's the best MP game ever for me too :)

I have no idea about this new crafting thing, someone please help me out. The only thing i know is that you can combine stuff in your inventory to create new stuff but the only thing i saw was that i could craft some heavy metal out of some stuff. What use is this heavy metal?

Edit: See my profile here:

http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561197990499173

I created some craft metal some time back, i have no idea what to do with it

I created some craft metal some time back, i have no idea what to do with it

you can craft various items to create metals which in turn can be crafted into other weapons or hats. a complete set of blueprints is available at - http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php

read the page for a couple of minutes and you will understand everything that needs to be done with crafting.

Here's my BACKPACK. I only have 9 non event hats lol.

You have 2 batter's helm, craft one of them with a Bonk atomic for a surprise :P

:wOOtjumpy: Sooo many hats

The Bonk Helm? I think you need two Bonks for that.

W/e happened to the trading system they were going to have?

@Saumil: aha Thanks mate.

you can craft various items to create metals which in turn can be crafted into other weapons or hats. a complete set of blueprints is available at - http://www.tf2items.com/crafting/blueprints.php

read the page for a couple of minutes and you will understand everything that needs to be done with crafting.

thanks for the link, pretty helpful :)

:wOOtjumpy: Sooo many hats

The Bonk Helm? I think you need two Bonks for that.

W/e happened to the trading system they were going to have?

@Saumil: aha Thanks mate.

lol yeah maybe 2 bonks :P

I hope the trading comes soon too

Archived