UFC (MMA) Thread

RestlessSoul

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Brock Lesnar of a potential policy violation, stemming from an out-of-competition sample collected on June 28, 2016, according to a statement released by UFC on Friday afternoon and reported on by ESPN and other news sources.Lesnar successfully returned to the UFC against Mark Hunt 12 days later on July 9 at UFC 200. The results of the sampling were received by USADA on July 14.UFC released the following statement on the matter via Twitter.

http://www.wwe.com/article/brock-lesnar-anti-doping-policy-violation?sf31083584=1

The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Brock Lesnar of a potential policy violation, stemming from an out-of-competition sample collected on June 28, 2016, according to a statement released by UFC on Friday afternoon and reported on by ESPN and other news sources.Lesnar successfully returned to the UFC against Mark Hunt 12 days later on July 9 at UFC 200. The results of the sampling were received by USADA on July 14.UFC released the following statement on the matter via Twitter.

http://www.wwe.com/article/brock-lesnar-anti-doping-policy-violation?sf31083584=1

Achilles and me were having the conversation about the this very topic!

Just knew it, that Lesnar can't win a fight after sitting 5 years out of professional MMA fighting. Going three straight rounds with Mark Hunt was also kinda impossible without PEDs.

It's just sad to know that almost all UFC veterans did some kind of PEDs eg Anderson Silva, Vitor Belfort, Lyoto Machida, Jon Jones and now Lesnar.

I hope they invalidate the Lesnar vs Hunt fight so that the loss on hunt fight card will be erased. This has already happened in Anderson Silva Vs Nick Diaz fight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

After CM Punk debacle i got interested in UFC and checked out a few fights and man i think i may have become a UFC fan.

Have been on a binge last few days watching a lot of past numbered PPV fights and its a lot of fun to watch the fights.

Loved Valesquez/Dos Santos, McGregor/Diaz 2,Rousey/Holms,Jones/Gustaffson and a few other fights.Yeah i'm a fan now.

Am sure like me many wrestling fans will become UFC fans due to CM Punk.So that's a good thing.

• 2 months later...

Anyone watched UFC 205? Was a massive 6 hours event and I watched all of it. My favorite was Woodly vs Thompson. What a fight!

Also McGregor becoming new Lightweight champion and first to hold two championships in two different weight divisions after a KO win over Alvarez in the second round. Amazing event overall.

e9ab83b37bf3c26a795e0a31756dd880.jpg

b0d01911e109c52771dbeffd558c8dff.jpg

1ce41304e29ccc37ea705f2d2995203d.jpg

5c711f22eaab9497b4d21a830ee30e6f.jpg

Anyone watched UFC 205? Was a massive 6 hours event and I watched all of it. My favorite was Woodly vs Thompson. What a fight!

Also McGregor becoming new Lightweight champion and first to hold two championships in two different weight divisions after a KO win over Alvarez in the second round. Amazing event overall.

I did. Only McGregor vs Alvarez. Edited by quixote_1989

Yeah, I did watch bits of it. And the drama at the end :)

Yeah and Meisha Tate announcing her retirement after her loss to Pennington. She was the former UFC Bantamweight champion. She's so hot though.

400c1ea58392996c96fdced8732b5970.jpg

Karolina is very pretty too. Unfortunately she lost. I was really rooting for her.

722c0cd53f7101ee3813f95dfebbc93f.jpg

Edited by mohit9206

Probably the best card ever, and the event delivered. Boy did it deliver. Woodley v Wonderboy, man. What a fight. Wonderboy just doesn't quit. He took two proper bazonkaas from Tyron and came back up. I don't think there was anyone who could do that. Tyron packs a wallop. :majesty:

Also, Conor is so far on top of his game. He was just playing with Eddie. And fighting again at lightweight after fighting at 202 at welterweight for 5 friggin' rounds. Jesus. Punch out man. GOAT.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

ebb256f6d8f4643db7b997761a725349.jpg

9d94300b69dd2b6effb4c10de5268dcb.jpg

Wow UFC 207 was so entertaining.

Loved every second of it. This sh*t is 10X more entertaining than WWE.

Ronda Rousey will now either retire and go to WWE or do movies.

Why isn't UFC more popular here? This is definitely more entertaining than the current day WWE.

Also this was Mike Goldbergs last event, so we will never hear those "HERE WE GO!", "IT IS ALL OVER! "etc ever again.

I still can't believe Rousey was TKO'd in just 48 seconds of very first round [emoji33]

What an event! Brought to you by Budweiser" This buds for you " and by" Metro PCS where you can enjoy blazing fast nationwide 4G LTE for only 30 dollars period ".

• 2 weeks later...

UFC 209 is the one to look forward to.

Woodley-Thomposon rematch and what should really be the main event - Khabib-Tony Ferguson Lightweight interim fight.

Yeah that will be awesome.

Also i hope we get to see Werdum vs Miocic at 210 but it most likely won't happen.

• 4 weeks later...

I am rooting for khabib. Not that he is undefeated but because he has a grinding way to defeat any fighter. He doesn't have one punch knockout but he will grind you against the cage or will take you down and dominate you. So just love his fighting style.

But this is the ufc, anything can happen. You just never know. On that day anybody can win.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

ea04f8ea51d858de9d8642139f929f47.jpg

Fight card UFC 209.

Pretty great card. Looking forward to Woodley vs Thompson 2. Their first fight was amazing. Go watch it if you haven't. Also looking forward to Khabib vs Ferguson and Overeem vs Hunt.

Also if anyone wants to simulate the fights in a video game then you can send me a pm - i have UFC Undisputed 3 for sale for PS3. It's only the best UFC game ever made! Sorry for Shameless plug [emoji14]

ea4c79908942f047d47541b2b98ed857.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Khabib Nurmagomedov hospitalized after weight cut, UFC 209 title fight with Tony Ferguson off

In a big blow to a two-title fight card, UFC 209 has lost its co-main event interim lightweight championship bout the day before the event.

Khabib Nurmagomedov (24-0 MMA, 8-0 UFC) was taken to a local hospital in Las Vegas on Thursday night after experiencing issues during his weight cut to make the 155-pound title limit. UFC officials made the announcement following the official weigh-ins for the event that the fight with Tony Ferguson (22-3 MMA, 12-1 UFC) is off.

UFC officials said today that Nurmagomedov was released from the hospital, but was not medically cleared by doctors to fight on Saturday, which scrapped the bout.