The Old Cricket Thread

vinitwins

WC T20  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DRS or not, this is pathetic umpiring, i don't understand why only players are fined, Umpires should be fined match fees too for such howler decisions.

There's a way to do it - report to the ICC and let them take it from there. Not that bad decisions didn't exist before the tech.

Bullying umps is not gonna help.

Point is BCCI got it all wrong, DRS is not meant make correct decisions. It is for appealing in the situation when either team feels wronged.

idea is always to review the decisions, not let technology make them.

And umps whose decisions are overturned regularly will get alerted and will lose place from the panel.

Not watching the match..

Just following scores..

I guess sehwag got bowles to almost straight inswinging ball..??

So he gets dropped aft england series coz he was in bad form..

He was supposed to play in irani trophy , which he dint..

So basically he's dropped , for 2 months he just sits at home and cmes here and drops catches n geta out for 2

I hate Sehwag, Ishant, Zaheer, Bhajji, Sharma, Gambhir - bunch of selfish and proud arses,

Kohli to join this list soon along with Dhoni.

At least with Dhoni ,Kohli and Gambhir their work ethic cannot be questioned.Sehwag,Bhajji and Zaheer are the worst of the lot in that aspect.

There's a way to do it - report to the ICC and let them take it from there. Not that bad decisions didn't exist before the tech.

Bullying umps is not gonna help.

Point is BCCI got it all wrong, DRS is not meant make correct decisions. It is for appealing in the situation when either team feels wronged.

idea is always to review the decisions, not let technology make them.

And umps whose decisions are overturned regularly will get alerted and will lose place from the panel.

No one is asking to bully them, it is a generic statement, that quality of umpiring has really fallen in last few yrs. This again could be due to technology as they know in lot of series they have the Tech to back some of outright blunders they make.

I agree with your entire list, except Gambhir

could be, but atleast when he walks out he tries, unlike sehwag, who just does not care. We can debate as much we want nothing is going to change, too much money and politics is involved.

Gauti is committed..

He will come back in this series and score runs..

Mark my words..

Kohli n dhoni also cant be questioned like athek said..

Dhoni had a very bad sore finger against england odi's..yet he played all the matches.

Its easy for u n me to say gauti or viru or whoever should hv skipped ipl n concentrate on national duties..well they are earning around 10 to 11 crore...

Its never easy to say no to that sort of money..

Btw wi vs sl were supposed to play a series in may..

They have cancelled it so there playera can play IPL..So whole of sl n wi team is selfish..

Yeah. way too much money and politics involved.

But this is just going to levels they will be soon left with nothing.

2 practice matches played, in similar conditions, so how many of the 22 Indian players who played those matches are in the current Indian squad?

Not even a single guy. :)

Not only that BCCI should ask players to involve in these matches but players should ask as well, especially the out of form ones, like Sehwag or Harbhajan. But who will like to sweat out when you can get in the national side by all other means.

Anyway, this will settle...with one failed IPL season.

Btw wi vs sl were supposed to play a series in may..
They have cancelled it so there playera can play IPL..So whole of sl n wi team is selfish..

I dont know the details. But both boards don't pay their players properly, it is well-known. They try to avoid the ire of players by allowing playing in IPL.

Our board is step ahead - if a player misses the "IPL duties" because of injury sustained while on national duty, they compensate the player.

This is really really stupid.

Gauti is committed..
He will come back in this series and score runs..
Mark my words..

On what basis, he should be called again?

Playing superbly in the nets in the backyards?

Edited by Udham

Yeah. way too much money and politics involved.

But this is just going to levels they will be soon left with nothing.

2 practice matches played, in similar conditions, so how many of the 22 Indian players who played those matches are in the current Indian squad?

Not even a single guy. :)

Not only that BCCI should ask players to involve in these matches but players should ask as well, especially the out of form ones, like Sehwag or Harbhajan. But who will like to sweat out when you can get in the national side by all other means.

Anyway, this will settle...with one failed IPL season.

I dont know details. But both boards dont pay their players properly, it is well-known. They try to avoid the ire of players by allowing them playing in IPL.

Our board is step ahead - if a players misses the "IPL duties" because of injury sustained while on national duty, they compensate the player.

This is really really stupid.

Keep waiting won't happen.

Keep waiting won't happen.

You know what, it is getting closer to that

- Sahara has troubles

- Mallya had troubles, still has troubles

- Hyderabad has problems

- RR founders want to cash out

- 2014 auctions may not have player retention clause

- If bigger pool of players comes again, current millionaires may get devalued

- IPL5 had lowest TRP in 5 yrs, further lowering means lesser ad revenues

bomb is ticking for IPL.

- Sahara has troubles

- Hyderabad has problems

bomb is ticking for IPL.

Ok

- Sahara has troubles

- Hyderabad has problems

bomb is ticking for IPL.

- Sahara has troubles

- Hyderabad has problems

bomb is ticking for IPL.

Lol, OK!

Go on light the fuse of the bomb..

The master showed his class today :devil:

it was ling time coming, his love towards the game is unbelievable.

if I compare myself I get bored of a project in a year or two saying it has become monotonous, look at him, respect and love is all he deserves.

Not even a single guy.

:doh: Players from host country who are already selected for a tour NEVER EVER play in practice games against touring countries, no matter how out of form they are. Very rarely they play, and that too those players who have no chance in playing 11. It will be utterly idiotic to play someone from your team against touring country IN YOUR HOME conditions where the guys are already used to. Man someone give me Bullshit's number, whenever you post here, I always have urge to call it.

Also saw most of the match live. Sachin has never looked this good in past 1 or 2 years. He means business. Hopefully he and Kohli continue.

• AtheK changed the title to The Old Cricket Thread
  • AtheK locked this topic