Ask The Experts

Chaztin

@Afty, @bulovski - thanks for taking the pains to answer my queries...i have decided to go for the DS Lite i like region free best! :wallbash:

Now i only need to located a dealer in Chennai, time to hit Ritchie Street soon. I have also seen the DS Lite Silver going for 8600 INR in ebay.in without any games. Is that a good price or a bit high? A singapore guy is selling for more 9600 INR but this guy has a slightly better rating.

regarding the games - where do i get the originals in India? and how do i detect fakes? i dont want any crappy quality fakes...though some of the games i have in mind, i will have to import from PA or somewhere else...

If you can get to Palika Bazaar in Delhi you can easily shave off 1500 Bucks off that price. 8600 seems a bit of a rip off to me. As far as games go, you are just up shits creek. Grey market will be your best buddy.

DSi games will have region locking, but DS (phat and lite) are region free

With a flashcart it doesn't matter :wallbash:

Plus Games are region free, its only DSi ware games i guess plus releasing only DSi games will alienate too many users

Edited by lastAvenger

If you can get to Palika Bazaar in Delhi you can easily shave off 1500 Bucks off that price. 8600 seems a bit of a rip off to me. As far as games go, you are just up shits creek. Grey market will be your best buddy.

any particular shop which is reliable? maybe i can get one of my friend's to buy it for me and mail it here...maybe some grey market games also...

@LA - sorry for the noob question, but whats a flashcart?

Edited by blackheart2925

Go to My Xbox > System (the last option in the blade). Then I think 'Console' settings. You'll see an option for Background DLs somewhere. Start the download. Switch off the console and monitor / tv. Do NOT switch off power to the console or the internet connection. You'll know a download is going on because the green light in the faceplate will blink once every second.

downloading pauses when you are playing online, there is an option in settings to enable background downloading, switch off your xbox, downloading will keep happening, it will be indicated by randomly blinking green light, it takes less power.

Go to My Xbox > System (the last option in the blade). Then I think 'Console' settings. You'll see an option for Background DLs somewhere. Start the download. Switch off the console and monitor / tv. Do NOT switch off power to the console or the internet connection. You'll know a download is going on because the green light in the faceplate will blink once every second.

Thank you bulovski and aman

Edited by _Hellsboy_

Guys how to go about with background downloading on 360.Want to download bioshock demo but its 1.53 gigs and my console would be on all the time without reason :doh:

1. Go To System Settings

2. Then Console Settings

3. Select the Shutdown Tab

4. Then go to Background Downloads

5. Enable it

6. Make sure you have auto-off disabled (it'll be present in the shutdown tab)

7. Also, go to locale and then select India

Some more info:

1. Each item that you download is downloaded separately in the background. This lets you continue to use the console while you download an item.
  2. You can stream music, play DVDs or CDs, play arcade titles, and play games while you download an item from the marketplace.
  3. If you start to play an online game, the download is automatically paused while you play the game to help prevent game lag because of network congestion. This helps you receive the best online gaming experience that the network can provide.
  4. All downloads are associated with your profile. If a download is paused or if the download is interrupted, the download will resume the next time that you connect to Xbox Live.
  5. You can add items to the active downloads list at any time by selecting more items from the marketplace.

Please suggest digicams within 8k+/- 1k - I would prefer to stick to Canon / Sony . But the big problem with Sony in the low price range is that they use the crappy Sony lens instead of the Carl Zeiss lens. At least Canon uses their own lens on all their cameras. I can consider archived models as well.