The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

If you find the verna crampy at the rear, then go for Vento it has better leg room than Verna...

Nah, its not for me, my friend wants to get it, and Vento is not an option, the maintenance costs are far too high for him to buy it.

also, the rear seat is just a single factor, the vibrations and the swerving of the car are other big issues. Since he drives down pune expressway atleast 1nce a week , i strongly recommended him against buying Verna.

Man no car even comes closer to the new Verna Fluidic.. tell him to get that... Fiat's service is faill & And the new Fiesta looks like an Aliens Ship...

Yea I did..

we never had any bad experiences with Fiat ever. Also, for linea they are giving 4 years warranty, road side assistance completely free. The car needs to be serviced every 15,000 kms instead of 5000 kms as required by most of the manufacturers and the spare parts prices which are comparable (if not cheaper) than MSIL, makes it lighter on wallet.

Skoda/ volks follow an annual maintenance/service schedule . ( 1 year or 15000 kms obviously whichever is first)

whereas other manufactures insist on services at intervals of 5K.

so its not that high as you think .

anyhow its his choice .

the thud when you close the door gives you the feeling that you re sitting in an ultra uber car , that king like plastic and build quality ( compared to the cheap plastics other companies offer) , I am sold for german cars :wub:

except for skoda due to a*s :fear:

Skoda/ volks follow an annual maintenance/service schedule . ( 1 year or 15000 kms obviously whichever is first)

whereas other manufactures insist on services at intervals of 5K.

so its not that high as you think .

anyhow its his choice .

the thud when you close the door gives you the feeling that you re sitting in an ultra uber car , that king like plastic and build quality ( compared to the cheap plastics other companies offer) , I am sold for german cars :wub:

except for skoda due to a*s :fear:

Skoda is not German :rofl:

So, I never thought I'd say this but Hyundai have a desirable car in their stable now. The new Verna Fluidic is all kinds of Seycks. And it's powerful. And has got features. And has good mileage.

So pretty much the best car in it's class.

Also, the new Civic has been panned almost universally. Honda's getting raped.

Oh totally, thats a charming car and very sturdy. Best in it's price range according to me as well.

Oh totally, thats a charming car and very sturdy. Best in it's price range according to me as well.

It has got amazing body. Streamlined from front headlamps n it sure looks sexy.

Btw i was bowled over by the stunning looks n build of maruti suzuki kizashi. It looks awesome :O

Something that is not expected from maruti.

It has got amazing body. Streamlined from front headlamps n it sure looks sexy.

Btw i was bowled over by the stunning looks n build of maruti suzuki kizashi. It looks awesome :O

Something that is not expected from maruti.

Lol, dude it's a highly overpriced car, nothing special about Suzuki kizashi , there are good chances that it woul pass you by while driving and you won't even notice :P

Kizashi flopped. Badly. Maruti completely misread the market and priced it wrong. No one every considers a Maruti when it comes to a premium car (>12 lakhs)

Uh......were Maruti involved at all?

I always thought it was Suzuki who released the car in India and it was them who priced it.

I saw a Suzuki Ki-sushi on the road here today. So many design elements wrong with that car, right down to the crushed script used for the name of the car in glossy chrome that makes it almost impossible to read in bright sunshine.

And big FAIL to Hyundai India. The car they are calling the Verna Fluidic there is called the new Hyundai Accent everywhere else :giggle:

Actually companies have their own policies regarding naming cars. Some choose to keep the same name and others change it. Sometimes even different cars are named same in different countries. For eg. a Hyundai Accent in India is a Verna in South Korea. IMO it doesn't matter what they name it in different countries as long as the specs are fine.

The car does not have any decent room for rear seat passengers, i am just 5'6 and i was finding it crampy at the back seat. Also, the vehicle has monstrous amount of vibration in the diesel model, dont know whether it was TD car related issue or with all cars in general. at about 90-100+ speeds i felt kind of a 'floating' effect, and sometimes while braking something felt odd about the car, it felt like it was swerving to some extent, have never felt this issue with other cars before.

that is standard across all hyundai cars. in automobile terms you call it "boat-like ride quality" as it rocks like a boat. The reason for it is presence of an ultra-light EPS(Electronic Power Steering) and softly tuned suspension. Hyundai cars are meant to be driven only on city roads.

People dont understand the cons of having EPS in a car.

That is the reason why Fiat FTW :wub:

and GS ask your friend to go for Fiat only if he got some contacts in a certain Fiat showroom like you and your dad have in a Maruti showroom. Cuz Fiat A.S.S can give you a really hard time.

and in case he gets a Linea then ask him to also put Race Chip :wub: it is better than pete's and offers boost only on hard throttle. i.e. only when required :thumbsup:

Edited by BHPian Bali

Actually companies have their own policies regarding naming cars. Some choose to keep the same name and others change it. Sometimes even different cars are named same in different countries. For eg. a Hyundai Accent in India is a Verna in South Korea. IMO it doesn't matter what they name it in different countries as long as the specs are fine.

Yes. Thats not news.

What is not cool however, is affixing the label of (what is supposed to be) a higher specced range on a replacement for a lower specced range.

How is the Fluidic priced in comparison to the Accent and the old Verna?