The Football Thread

Xeno

It doesnt matter how much Spurs got from Madrid for Modric, spending that money efficiently will define whether their team will improve or not.

Liverpool also got 50m for Torres but then they spent 35m on Carroll and another 15m+ on Downing, look where it got them. Also I think Levy has committed the same mistake which Arsenal did last year - took too much time to negotiate for a transfer. Just 4 days left in the window & not every club is now willing to sell their players & even if they are willing, most will charge much higher.

It doesnt matter how much Spurs got from Madrid for Modric, spending that money efficiently will define whether their team will improve or not.

Liverpool also got 50m for Torres but then they spent 35m on Carroll and another 15m+ on Downing, look where it got them. Also I think Levy has committed the same mistake which Arsenal did last year - took too much time to negotiate for a transfer. Just 4 days left in the window & not every club is now willing to sell their players & even if they are willing, most will charge much higher.

We always keep our transfers late and thats what gives us the best deals.Though I must admit it tends to affect the teams balance in first two matches.