Resistance 2

KnackChap

R2_short_logo.jpg

Developer: Insomniac games

Publisher: Sony

Genre: GOTY

Players: 1-60

Release: fall 08

________________________________________________________________________________

____

via - IGN http://ps3.ign.com/articles/845/845049p1.html

Just what is in there? Let's take a quick look …

# The game will feature the standard single-player campaign as well as an eight-player online co-op campaign that's objective-based. Two people can still work together locally.

# Ready to beat each other senseless online? Resistance 2 will feature 60-player matches set in the United States.

# Sorry, Rachel; the campaign will pick up from Fall of Man's epilogue and stick solely with Nathan Hale as he copes with getting shot down in Iceland, escaping to the states and joining the "Sentinels" program.

# There will be classes. Characters will start out from one of three basic templates -- a "tank-style" soldier rocking a chain gun, a "Special Ops class" that seems like a sniper or a medic whose "Medicator" gun will hurt enemies and heal allies -- and go from there.

# When you and a team of friends head into battle, there will not be a selectable difficulty. Insomniac will be auto-scaling the challenge to the skill of you and your squad. When you jump into a random online match, you'll be teamed with partners and opponents who are around your personal level.

# "Personal" is going to be a big word in Resistance 2. The game will have dedicated servers for gaming, community and stats as well as gamer profile pages on myresistance.net. In-game, the setup will be completely open when it comes to clans and parties -- the era of invites has come to a close.

# Vehicles are in the game, but Insomniac wouldn't let on about their role.

# The game's set in the '50s, but expect a more modern U.S. landscape as well as a focus on the aerial side of the Chimeran attack.

# The game's AI has been overhauled -- they have improved routines and detachable armor pieces -- and boss battles will be more important than ever.

holy f**k Gameinformer has just previewed the game. Am posting from cell so will update the thread later.

Megaton details.

1) 8 player online co-up which is completely story driven along with the standard(maybe diff) single player campaign.

2)60 players online on psn will be class based(lots of other details will update later)

3)united states will be the backdrop, story will focus on nathan hale.

4)the geometry of the single player levels will change with EVERY SINGLE PLAYTHROUGH.

Thats it for now.

-------------------------------------------------

OMFG,take a bow insomniac

SONY BUY THEM RIGHT NOW

Post from NeoGaf

Resistance 2

Release: Fall 2008

Platform: PlayStation 3

-One campaign focusing on Nathan Hale across USA, 1 player

-One separate story based campaign supporting 2 players offline, 8 players Online

-Online Multiplayer (dedicated servers) supporting 60 people

-Classes for online: Heavy, Special Ops, Medic

-New vehicles including Chameleon (Stalker with cloak)

-Partial randomized geometry in level spots

-Insane stat tracking coupled with MyResistance.net

I just got my latest GameInformer and its cover feature is Resistance 2!!!!!!

Checking it out now... will update. (didn't see this on first two pages so assumed it hasn't been posted)

EDIT 1: HUGE cooperative game... EIGHT-PLAYER story-driven campaign along side single-player campaign. SIXTY-PLAYER Competitive modes... HUGE United States Landscapes as backdrops.

EDIT 2: "It is, in short, a tour de force for the untapped might of the PlayStation 3"

EDIT 3: Narrative stays with Hale the whole time... not Rachel. Hale shot down in Iceland, escapes to US and becomes part of program called Sentinels...

EDIT 4: Chameleon.. Stalker with total cloaking ability

EDIT 5: Overcoming stigma that boss encounters don't work in FPS games..

EDIT 6: Eight player coop over PSN, two player local

EDIT 7: CLASSES! Unique character with one of three basic templates... tank with heavy weaponry, special ops for distance (bullseye modified with zoom), medic

I'm READING FAST!

http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_bo...7131205/p1/?13

I cant make my own thread, stupid gaf mods., someone make a thread!

EDIT 8: Online matching... standard difficulty discarded for scaled challenges for team skill..

EDIT 9: Partially randomized geometry... levels are different with each playthrough

EDIT 10: again... 60 players online. want sense of epic b attle.. dont want fast-furious gameplay to be focus, more focused on squad v squad.

EDIT 11: will log into smaller four-to-eight man lobbies for each squad... encouraging communication and camaraderie, squad will be tasked witha particular objective. careful level design aims to deliver intense combat zones or small team conflicts that flow within arena of larger battle.

EDIT 12: Dedicated gaming community with stat servers for faster matchmaching than any console game of 2007. full-featured profile pages through myresistance.net will incorporate social networking concepts. open clan and party system to encourage community...no player invites needed.

EDIT 13: Aiming to deliver mobile-phone-quality sound.

EDIT 14: Futher tapped power of PS3... more enemies onscreen, better AI, better lighting and shaders (SCREENSHOTS LOOK AMAZING!!!). More comples normal mapping and detail mapping combine to deliver textures that look amazing from afar and at extremely close distances.

EDIT 15: AI getting a lot more attention.. will scaled on-the-fly to players perspective and viewpoint... aka enemies cloesr to the player will actually have more spohisicated AI routines than those further away. assailants in your direct field of view received heightened intelligence. easily more cunning than before

sorry for typos... typing fast

EDIT 16: listened to complaints... working on solution to long checkpoints and health system. not positive what final solution will be.

EDIT 17: "Our time playing was a blast"... each character class contributes in a unique way and "we loved the strategy-laden medic"... unique sense of teamwork

EDIT 18: Mysterious "Cloven"

EDIT 19: "Resistance 2 will be too epic to dismiss as anything but one of the biggest, boldest, and most high-reaching titles of 2008. It's a game that won't be ignored." [END ARTICLE]

RELEASE: FALL 2008

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Mother Of God!!..

WTF did my PS3 had to die now of all days!!

SCANS.....SCANS...SCANS!!!!

2185266011_618d9970ac_b.jpg

2186049504_7d33490bb0_b.jpg

2185265913_f8ca8ebafa_o.jpg

2186049468_9be409f47a_b.jpg

HOLY sh*t!!!!!!!

scans courtesy of BigMac at GT.com forums

holy f**k Gameinformer has just previewed the game. Am posting from cell so will update the thread later.

Megaton details.

1) 8 player online co-up which is completely story driven along with the standard(maybe diff) single player campaign.

2)60 players online on psn will be class based(lots of other details will update later)

3)united states will be the backdrop, story will focus on nathan hale.

4)the geometry of the single player levels will change with EVERY SINGLE PLAYTHROUGH.

Thats it for now.

-------------------------------------------------

OMFG,take a bow insomniac

SONY BUY THEM RIGHT NOW

How the hell you beat everyone else in posting exclusive news? You gotta have some affiliation with google.com.

@the GI cover: Is it just me or does Hale looks much more pissed off than b4,and his eyes have seem to have turned red

plus,the mother ships,is an invasion abt to happen???

details on 8p co-op

"An independant story and campaign is being prepared for two-player offline co-op or up to eight players over the PSN."

"Using the backdrop of some huge multiplayer battlegrounds, the cooperative mode reveals a story that runs parallel to Hale's, but focuses on other soldiers involved in the war."

99141_med.jpg

Yeah, its pretty much Killzone2 Vs. Resistance2.

i feel as Killzone is not a proven game ,so i would say its Resistance2 Vs. Gears of War2(if they r able to prepare it by Fall 2008)

but nevertheless we r gonna pawn Microsoft

Well Ressistance is a very good game and all but I don't think Ressistance 2 can beat Gears of War 2. Anyway, it's more fun playing a shooter game on the Xbox 360 than in the PS3 (my own personal experience).

come on guys,keep all ur console-war posts outta this thread

I really wanna know what the Cloven are abt??

Also will Hale a few err..powers like the Chimera??

The Chimera animation looks really cool(the pic where the chimera are running)

:sign_offtopic: Heard previously that there was some problems with the online part of resistance being region locked to the game....like people with NTSC/J consoles could play online with a PAL copy of the game.....has this been fixed???If it has,then i may get a copy.....Can anyone confirm this??? :sign_offtopic:

:sign_offtopic: Heard previously that there was some problems with the online part of resistance being region locked to the game....like people with NTSC/J consoles could play online with a PAL copy of the game.....has this been fixed???If it has,then i may get a copy.....Can anyone confirm this??? :sign_offtopic:

pal disc/console doesnt work online with ntscj or ntsc-u consoles/discs. ntsc (j,u) are total region free.

Archived