Is there any PS3 game rentals in Chennai?

bharaths

the thread's kinda old but there's this guy near my place who rents it out for 400 rupees for 8 days or Rs. 75 per day. He asks for a refundable deposit of Rs. 3000 though.

The shop is called "Game Shoppe" I think, and you'll find it near the Hotchips restaurant at Ashok Pillar in Chennai. Else look for Nokia Care near Ashok Pillar and the next shop is his.

Just in case anyone wanted. This is the same guy I got my PS2 from aaaaaaages ago.

Rs.400 for 8 days!!? Is that guy having a laugh?

renting out ps3 game would be harmful for ur machine because the same disc would have been used by so many people.. it must have got end number of scratches... its better to buy a new game and sell it for 500 rupees cheaper after playing... as good as renting... :wallbash:

+1.. :panic:

Actually, PS3 games and Blu-Ray discs in general don't scratch. You'll have to work really hard to get a scratch on there.

peace

Yes.. Blu-Ray disk build quality is very good.. Checked it a couple of times.. Need to work hard to scratch it..

:wallbash::panic:

Rs.400 for 8 days!!? Is that guy having a laugh?

I don't rent anything, usually I just buy stuff that I want to keep and borrow a few games from friends. I think 400 is a bit much, but cheaper for some people if they think they just want to rent and not keep a copy for themselves. I believe even Seventymm (the film rental service) was renting 360 games out for 400 bucks a pop for 4-7 days (not sure about the exact number of days).

btw there was this thread here about someone offering rentals at Rs. 250 for 7 days. I guess you'd be able to find it on GI somewhere.

I don't rent anything, usually I just buy stuff that I want to keep and borrow a few games from friends. I think 400 is a bit much, but cheaper for some people if they think they just want to rent and not keep a copy for themselves. I believe even Seventymm (the film rental service) was renting 360 games out for 400 bucks a pop for 4-7 days (not sure about the exact number of days).

btw there was this thread here about someone offering rentals at Rs. 250 for 7 days. I guess you'd be able to find it on GI somewhere.

My friend is offering all ps3 games at that price.If ppl in chennai want it please PM me or send me a psn invite!!

hey thers a guy in ritchie street who owns a shop called gamer shadow.his name is suresh.....

he has a lending system (even for new games.)the refundable deposit is 3.5k and per game between 500- 600..for a week or ten days

but am not a member as i find buyin 2nd hand games frm tp much cheaper....

^^ Gamer Shadow?? I remember that guy has a shop at Burma Bazaar in Chennai.

12072009013.jpg

Found his shop at Kasi Arcade, in the basement.

Don't know about his rentals though. He seems to have decent prices for titles. For eg. he gives Infamous for 2200 as against the MRP of Rs 2500. Whereas the shops around my area as well as bigger places like Landmark insist on the MRP.

And he said he'd give Blurays (Region free as well as Region-C) for Rs. 1500 (for some like Dark Knight) and Rs.1800 for others (though the ones at Rs. 1800 have a buy-1-get-1-free offer).

But he had PSN cards for only the Singapore PSN store, and that too at an attrocious rate of Rs. 2000 for a SGD40 card. He confidently says though that he can get you even stuff from the US, like US PSN cards, Bluray region A movies, special editions of games etc if you ask him in advance.

Went to the Kasi Arcade shop and asked him about the prices and got his card before coming. If he's gonna give good prices I intend to buy from him a few months on when some major releases hit the PS3.

^^ Gamer Shadow?? I remember that guy has a shop at Burma Bazaar in Chennai.

12072009013.jpg

Found his shop at Kasi Arcade, in the basement.

Don't know about his rentals though. He seems to have decent prices for titles. For eg. he gives Infamous for 2200 as against the MRP of Rs 2500. Whereas the shops around my area as well as bigger places like Landmark insist on the MRP.

And he said he'd give Blurays (Region free as well as Region-C) for Rs. 1500 (for some like Dark Knight) and Rs.1800 for others (though the ones at Rs. 1800 have a buy-1-get-1-free offer).

But he had PSN cards for only the Singapore PSN store, and that too at an attrocious rate of Rs. 2000 for a SGD40 card. He confidently says though that he can get you even stuff from the US, like US PSN cards, Bluray region A movies, special editions of games etc if you ask him in advance.

Went to the Kasi Arcade shop and asked him about the prices and got his card before coming. If he's gonna give good prices I intend to buy from him a few months on when some major releases hit the PS3.

Thats an amazing find, mate. Ill probably go there and check it out, certainly seems interesting. Ill need a few bargain buys, so I might get in touch with that guy.

• 1 year later...

Discounts can be considered for IndianVideogamer community on all rental Items.******* Register NOW

The current website has been launched recently and the service is all over India (Anywhere in India with shipping all free). Check out www.GameChaska.com

Some of the features of gameChaska:

1. Rent PS3, Xbox, PS2, PSP, Wii Games

2. Buy New PS3, Xbox, PS2, PSP, Wii Games

3. Buy Used PS3, Xbox, PS2, PSP, Wii Games

4. Trade-In your PS3, Xbox, PS2, PSP, Wii Games with new games or other games.

5. Buy New/Used Game Consoles

6. Buy anything related to gaming Accessories.

P.S: Even if the game has been very recently launched can be rented through our website. We have huge stock so there's no need ti be worried that someone might not get a game when rented/bought. In case a title is not available on the site, It can be made available by letting us know the game title through the 'Contact Us' page.

In major cities of India, the game will be delivered within 24-48 hours, and in other cities it could take a little longer depending on the city where the game is going.

Regards

GameChaska

• 4 months later...

Even if they don't have any scratch, the loading time increases.

My MGS4 codec messages take longer to play now than before

:huh:

That's a first timer , there is nø such thing

Archived