~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

How is "Mr. Selfridge"?

Not that great. Jeremy Piven does a decent job but the writing is just lousy and it lets the show down badly. It has no sense of direction at all.

If this kind of show interests you, I'd recommend you check out The Paradise instead. Very similar theme (Victorian England, focused on a man who sets up a department store). It has a lower budget but cohesive writing and better characters.

Yes, meant to type ALT+ENTER.Muscle memory kicked in and pressed SHIFT + DELETE. :(

It's easy to recover from that -- just don't save anything immediately after that sort of a mishap and things like this you'll instantly notice

So chances are you won't be overwriting on the same sectors instantly.

For future install something called R-studio -- I swear by this recovery tool -- instances like these happened to me a lot -- not any more ;)

It's easy to recover from that -- just don't save anything immediately after that sort of a mishap and things like this you'll instantly notice

So chances are you won't be overwriting on the same sectors instantly.

For future install something called R-studio -- I swear by this recovery tool -- instances like these happened to me a lot -- not any more ;)

Already have Recuva and a couple of others installed. But none of them are able to recover huge files (I'm talking about MKVs here, 1-2 GB each).

Already have Recuva and a couple of others installed. But none of them are able to recover huge files (I'm talking about MKVs here, 1-2 GB each).

Trust me I've zeroed up on Rstudio after trying nearly 50 recovery apps.. You won't be disappointed as for recovering big files -- I have successfully recovered 8gb iso files after hitting shift-del. ;)

And you'll get 95-97% of your data then you can just sync it with your torrent using force recheck and the rest will be done. --but mostly you won't even have to do this :good:

Edited by kunallkw

Trust me I've zeroed up on Rstudio after trying nearly 50 recovery apps.. You won't be disappointed as for recovering big files -- I have successfully recovered 8gb iso files after hitting shift-del. ;)

And you'll get 95-97% of your data then you can just sync it with your torrent using force recheck and the rest will be done. --but mostly you won't even have to do this :good:

Oh alright. Will try. Thanks ! And no torrents here. Direct downloads. :|

So finally done with the show - 'the killing', I think the ending was quite good, not totally out of the blue, but not something too obvious either .... second season was much better than the first IMO .... :good:

So finally done with the show - 'the killing', I think the ending was quite good, not totally out of the blue, but not something too obvious either .... second season was much better than the first IMO .... :good:

Damn. I need to finish this one.