Marriage and Gaming : I do?

piper

@ambar and @cyclops : we all seem yo have very supportive wives. But cycle bhai your wife buying all that for you is epic. And I thought I was lucky when my wife insisted I buy a PS3 to satiate my gaming appetite.

@megz : thanks for the questions. I'll merge those into the OP. And, if you love this thread, then "y u no rep me" :) ?

Done (twice) :bigyellowgrin:

IVG ID : winny29

Gaming stuff I own : PS3, PSP

Married since : November, 2004 :nerves::blush:

How does your spouse feel about your gaming time?

She believes its a waste of time and money but still let's me game some times. Most of the time she either cribs or disturbs me while I am gaming. I know of a lot of FIFA matches that I have lost because she just comes and stands in front of the TV. :P

Does she think those gaming figurines would come in handy for the kids to play with?

Don't have figurines

And the money spent on this passion, how does she feel about it?

She doesn't mind that too much. Actually, she is hell bent on presenting an iPAD to me. :clap3:

Edited by winny29

For the thread:

IVG ID : cyclops

Gaming stuff I own : iPhone, PS3, PS2, PSP, in 2 minds about a PC.

Married since : November, 2009. We are together since August 2006.

This made me go rofl. My wife bought me PS3, PSP and iPhone. She insisted I buy 46 inch LED instead of a 40-46 inch LCD. I've about 140 ps3 games and 100 blurays. More than half of them are bought by my wife. About 20-30 of those 120 games are bought by my wife. When my wife went to US for a office trip, She got most of my CEs as CEs were not available in India at that time. MGS4 CE with artbook (the artbook was really hard to find), Arkham Asylum CE, DMC4 CE with artbook(again the artbook is extremely rare), Resistance 2 CE to name a few that she got for me from US. Whenever I am stressed because of work, my wife gets me a game or bluray. If I'm sad for some reason, she'll get me a game or bluray. If she wants me to drive her to some place, she'll buy me a game or bluray.

:majesty:

Added your questions to OP so u don't have to ask everyone. :console:

Thanks, was about to do it painfully on mobile itself.

Waiting to hear from Athek, one of the recent members of our club.

Lets make it "Relationships and Gaming". Lot of GF woes need to be heard I feel :)

And I find it convenient for my wife to watch soaps while I game.

• Like 1

IVG ID : Mel81x

Gaming stuff I own : PC, PS3

Married since : October, 2010

1. Do you encourage your wife to play some videogames with you? Sure do. She's a regular PES player and has played a few games with me. She's more into music so we play Guitar Hero and that's when the prim and proper demeanor disappears and the profanity flows like red wine lol.

2. Would you be happy, surprised, thrilled or scared if your wife also became a member of IVG? Nope not at all.

3. Do you encourage your wife or share her passions say may be, Saas-Bahu serial, Or Romantic YRF movie Or Cricket, Or Bhartnatyam Dance Show etc..? We get out of the house as much as we can because its good to breathe in some carbon monoxide from the road once in a while. She used to like watching the tele but now we get out more.

4. How many hours in a week you devote to your Gaming? 5 perhaps 7 if I feel like I can.

5. What are three things you wish your wife would understand about you and your connection with Gaming? Nothing really.

• Like 1

Mel, That's awesome.. I also played Guitar Hero with my guy but I was too bad.. I enjoyed watching him play though.

Yeah, let's make it Marriage, Relationships and Gaming thread.. (Pushy-Sam, MT-Snake not counted)

We must hear more Girlfriend/Boyfriend woes and coping mechanism.. Let's find out if there are more Cyclop like lucky men out there..

And thanks for the Izzat to my questions.. I have got more in my mind.. Yay! :exoticdance: