Capcom records almost $8 million net profit despite “a lack of major titles”

Capcom records almost $8 million net profit despite “a lack of major titles”

Making money by reselling old stuff. Who else does that really well?

BY ALEX WALKER ON AUGUST 1, 2014 AT 7:30 AM

It’s the season for reporting, after all. Capcom have joined in the financial melee by revealing falls to their net income and sales for the first quarter of 2014-15, which is to be expected given the company had no major releases.

But on the back of “highly profitable repeat sales” and falling expenditure “in each business segment”, Capcom was able to record 765 million yen in net income, which translates to precisely $7,978,629 in Australian dollars. That’s not an unreasonable effort for not publishing a single game.

http://games.on.net/2014/08/capcom-records-almost-8-million-net-profit-despite-a-lack-of-major-titles/

Sahi hai.

Onimusha ,dino crisis...yeh sab pe game nahi bana reha hai toh bech doh kam se kam.

All hail super-ultra-dead-rising-3-arcade-remix-hyper-edition-ex-plus-alpha :P

ahahh :lol:

Onimusha ,dino crisis...yeh sab pe game nahi bana reha hai toh bech doh kam se kam

inn games ka market nahi hai ab..bhool ja...

who the f**k is still buying RE5 :rofl: . DR2 is almost at 3m (physical copies only) , so much for it just being just a time pass game.

+---------------------------------------+----------------+---------------+-------+
| | March 31, 2014 | June 30, 2014 | Dif |
+---------------------------------------+----------------+---------------+-------+
| Dead Rising 3 | 1200k | 1400k | +200k |
| Resident Evil 5 | 6600k | 6700k | +100k |
| Resident Evil 6 | 5800k | 5900k | +100k |
| Dead Rising 2 | 2800k | 2900k | +100k |
| Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City | 2300k | 2400k | +100k |
| DmC Devil May Cry | 1500k | 1600k | +100k |
| Resident Evil Revelations | 1100k | 1200k | +100k |

inn games ka market nahi hai ab..bhool ja...

Thats what people said about Last of Us, new ip, late gen, dead genre (survival horror themed), SP focused, ND lost their mind. And it went on to be 2nd highest selling PS3 exclusive of all time. Good games sell irrespective of what they are, whether Cacpom is capable of making good games anymore is completely different matter.

Thats what people said about Last of Us, new ip, late gen, dead genre (survival horror themed), SP focused, ND lost their mind. And it went on to be 2nd highest selling PS3 exclusive of all time. Good games sell irrespective of what they are, whether Cacpom is capable of making good games anymore is completely different matter.

Good games do sell well , but I think Capcom would be better of trying to make a good RE game simply because it would easily outsell both DC and Oni combined. TLOU isn't completely tradition survival horror and also Zombie games always sell well , there are just sooo many of them. How many Dinosaur or Samurai action games do you see? They dont even come near Zombie themed games.

cc ka jawab padle......sahi bola ...game banane wale ke upar hai...kaisa banata hai....

ab toh jo Shadoken ne bola wo padh :P

Good games do sell well , but I think Capcom would be better of trying to make a good RE game simply because it would easily outsell both DC and Oni combined. , there are just sooo many of them. How many Dinosaur or Samurai action games do you see? They dont even come near Zombie themed games.

+1..They should focus on established IPs like SF and RE than old dead IPs like Onimusha and Dino Crisis..

TLOU isn't completely tradition survival horror and also Zombie games always sell well

Yes, TLOU is nothing but a TPS with survival horror elements like RE4 ...It's not your old school survival horror game...imo

Same goes for upcoming Evil Within...It looks more like a TPS than a old school survival horror game like RE1,2 and 3...

Thats what people said about Last of Us, new ip, late gen, dead genre (survival horror themed), SP focused, ND lost their mind.

Dude you are wrong..Everyone was super excited...I was f**ckin pumped... :D

Everyone was like - "OMG a new IP from UC creators" :O:panic: ..

Mohit toh pagal hi hogaya tha :lol:

Good games do sell well , but I think Capcom would be better of trying to make a good RE game simply because it would easily outsell both DC and Oni combined. TLOU isn't completely tradition survival horror and also Zombie games always sell well , there are just sooo many of them. How many Dinosaur or Samurai action games do you see? They dont even come near Zombie themed games.

It is as close to survival horror as you can get in modern times, unless you play on easy like Zodka :P On Hard you still get less bullets than enemies in the room (classic RE problem), if your stealth run fails you're screwed, if you miss couple of shots and waste 2 bullets its instant reload last checkpoint. You spend most of your time searching drawers and cabinets, and on rare occasion when you find two shotgun shells you feel like you just found the most rare collectible. I dunno what else is suppose to be there in a survival horror genre.

Ok point still stands, I wouldn't really categorize it as a niche game.

Sure it didn't have 7m seller written on it, games' quality went a long way.

I want onimusha and Dino crisis as much as the next guy. But i just don't see capcom or any other taking that risk now. Maybe a funded exclusive title.

Edit : Also ND as a name is enough to sell a game. Capcom used to have that back in the day when they released Re4,Dmc3, okami back to back.

Now their games seem very rushed.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It is as close to survival horror as you can get in modern times, unless you play on easy like Zodka :P

AHAHAHH Why don't you go and check my PSN trophies.. :P

I was shooting and punching enemies even on hard...My hard playthrough was mix of action and stealth... :D

Ok point still stands, I wouldn't really categorize it as a niche game.

Sure it didn't have 7m seller written on it, games' quality went a long way.

I want onimusha and Dino crisis as much as the next guy. But i just don't see capcom or any other taking that risk now. Maybe a funded exclusive title.

Edit : Also ND as a name is enough to sell a game. Capcom used to have that back in the day when they released Re4,Dmc3, okami back to back.

Now their games seem very rushed.

Survival horror was never a niche genre, it is in fact one of the highest selling one next to racing and shooters. It just hasn't had a good balanced game in a long time. Some people categories first Onimusha as survival horror too, or 'RE with swords'. A reboot or sequel would still sell fkton, but again I have no faith in Capcpom. I don't want it not because it won't sell but because they'll fk it up like the last RE turd.

AHAHAHH Why don't you go and check my PSN trophies.. :P

I was shooting and punching enemies even on hard...My hard playthrough was mix of action and stealth... :D

1351116165579.gif

I think it has more to do with poor console adoption in Japan. Iirc each onimusha game sold 2m+ in Japan alone.

Heck all those weird dynasty warrior and nobunaga games sell alot over there. But i definitely don't want an onimusha title with that quality lol :P

Wonder how a NT developed onimusha game would end up.

And cmon CC, horror games after racing and shooter :P? Let's throw in games like re5,6 and even then . You still wouldn't have enough sales to top the best selling franchises of platformers, sports, rpgs, fighters. Let alone the entire genre.

And cmon CC, horror games after racing and shooter :P? Let's throw in games like re5,6 and even then . You still wouldn't have enough sales to top the best selling franchises of platformers, sports, rpgs, fighters. Let alone the entire genre.

Not now of course, because like I said there hasn't been a great one in a while. Doesn't mean the genre is dead or niche, you just need to modify it and move on with time, like RE4 and TLoU did.

Archived