Gaming PCs

AtheK

Its not booting at all since evening , everything lights up , all fans etc. ,but no display.

Ram is ok , Graphics card is new , only thing left problematic is mobo. PC was still running fine today for instances and then the dreadful freeze.

I'm gonna go to Nehru Place on Saturday to get my current mobo checked and then buy a new mobo ,pl. suggest a good cheap replacement for the 650i Ultra.

So far I have come across these options.

1. Gigabyte G31-ES2L

2. Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo

* I'm back to typing with the ds3 again. :(

Edited by Joy

This whole setup was made using SMC internationals cart feature so i hope he will cut some cost for no shipping and big order when i pick it up

CoolerMaster Blade Master 120mm Fan ( gonna take the blue LED one they didnt have em on website )

500.00 x 4

Benq G2410 24" LCD Monitor( gonna take 2420 actually and its cost are actually same as given here but smc didnt have it on their site)

Corsair CAF A70 Air Cooler For CPU ( Will try to get venomous X or Tuniq tower 120mm extreme if i can they didnt have either on website)

Razer Lycosa Mirror Gaming Keyboard

Razer Kabuto Gaming Mouse Pad ( or any other pad)

MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC

Cooler Master Elite 430 with Side Window

Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz DDR3 4GB

2,650.00 x 2

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T ( i think price of this has been dropped ot 9.5k .. anyone ? )

MSI 890GXM-G65

WD 1 TB SATA green HDD

Corsair 550VX PSU

Total: 68,670.00

Hope to get it to 60k as i am gonna take this system in april start and AMD has cut prices of card and CPU so i hope it comes down too ...

Edited by Sackboy

Any particular reason you want the phenom? Stick to intel. The phenom is very good for apps which will use the OS (like maths and all), but games use a combo of cpu+gpu - get the cpu. your phenom will not be utilised fully by the games.

Any particular reason you want the phenom? Stick to intel. The phenom is very good for apps which will use the OS (like maths and all), but games use a combo of cpu+gpu - get the cpu. your phenom will not be utilised fully by the games.

Hmmm

I read on other sites like te that phenom is better

How much will 2500k with mobo cost me ?

guys please suggest new cpu+mobo+gpu for 45k sold old stuff using athlon ii 240 temp.thinking about sandy bridge 2500k i need just for gaming hyper threading doesn't matter to me

my rest config is coolmaster 690 ii advance cabby(default fans), corsair tx 650 w,gskill 2*2 4gb ddr3 ram 1600 mhz latency 9,got new sound card audiotrak Prodigy HD2 advance today using with audio technica m50s headphones and altec alansing 2.1 speaker

EDIT:also if i can save some money from my budget can u guys suggest good cpu cooler

Edited by ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ

You might wanna re-think. My CPU has put a lot of Intel front liners to shame in it's day :P

Edited by devil_angel

You might wanna re-think. My CPU is put a lot of Intel front liners to shame in it's day :P

I checked reviews

Amd is way more overclockable and is way more cheaper and gives similar performance

Anyway I am going to overclock it to min. 4GHz which is easily achievable on the system given above

Also I don't want led monitor because it becomes too expensive

guys please suggest new cpu+mobo+gpu for 45k sold old stuff using athlon ii 240 temp.thinking about sandy bridge 2500k i need just for gaming hyper threading doesn't matter to me

my rest config is coolmaster 690 ii advance cabby(default fans), corsair tx 650 w,gskill 2*2 4gb ddr3 ram 1600 mhz latency 9,got new sound card audiotrak Prodigy HD2 advance today using with audio technica m50s headphones and altec alansing 2.1 speaker

EDIT:also if i can save some money from my budget can u guys suggest good cpu cooler

I5 2500k - 11.8 k

Gigabyte GA p55 A UDR3 - 8.8k

HIS 6950 2GB - 16.4k (can be unlocked to 6970 if you are lucky)

Total - 37k

Take corsair H70 if you want a good liquid cooler without the hassles (believe me liquid colling will have so many pipes that you will start crying) it is for 5.5k or save some money and hassles and get thermalright venomous X

(3.75k) or Tuniq Tower 120mm extreme (3.3k) both give performance so awesome that you can overclock to 4GHz easily (though tuniq tower looks effin cool !! The fins are b-e-a utiful !!)

Get another chip of ram of same 2GB (can you use a separate type of ram ? If you can get corsair 4GB 1600Mhz for 2.6k) an get yourself enough 120mm fans for fillin all available spaces in your case (half cold air intake and half for hot air out) for a50 as they will allow you to overclock to 4.5Ghz (make sure you have enough 3 pin / 4 pin on your psu) http://www.theitwares.com/cooler-master-r4l2r20ckgp-120mm-blue-case-p-935.html

If you need more help lemme know

Awesome budget!

i7-2600

ASUS P8P67 PRO Motherboard

MSI GTX570