The Football Thread

Xeno

Fergies letter will be given to everyone going to the Anfield

Dear Supporter,

“The great support you gave the team here [at Anfield] last season has seen our allocation back up to near-full levels. I want you to continue that progress today.

“But today [sunday] is about much more than not blocking gangways. Today is about thinking hard about what makes United the best club in the world.

“Our rivalry with Liverpool is based on a determination to come out on top – a wish to see us crowned the best against a team that held that honour for so long.

“It cannot and should never be based on personal hatred. Just ten days ago, we heard the terrible, damning truth about the deaths of 96 fans who went to watch their team try and reach the FA Cup final and never came back. What happened to them should wake the conscience of everyone connected with the game.

“Our great club stands with our great neighbours Liverpool today to remember that loss and pay tribute to their campaign for justice. I know I can count on you to stand with us in the best traditions of the best fans in the game.

“Yours sincerely, Sir Alex Ferguson.”

I hope all of them act sanely.

John Terry has officialy proved he Is completely useless...The 2nd goal was completely unacceptable..He has no pace anymore...You cant blame mikel coz he had lost the ball but juve took the ball back to the half way line and started it again...Now if Robby has some brains he will put cahill in for john..Its Just 2 Many mistakes..evm da vucinic one he has 2 drop out....its just di matteo does not have the Courage to replace john bt cahill..

yes because pace is the ooonly thing that matters in football, tell me again how walcott is the best player in the world.

terry brings far more to the table than what some percieve.

how the hell was terry at fault for the 2nd goal ? the ball was cheaply given away and fabio made a good shot nutmegging our captain.

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:

1 Petr Cech ©

2 Branislav Ivanovic

4 David Luiz

24 Gary Cahill

3 Ashley Cole

12 John Mikel Obi

7 Ramires

10 Juan Mata

11 Oscar

17 Eden Hazard

9 Fernando Torres

Substitutes: 22 Ross Turnbull, 28 Cesar Aspilicueta, 26 John Terry, 34 Ryan Bertrand, 6 Oriol Romeu, 8 Frank Lampard, 13 Victor Moses.

Stoke are expected to line up in the following 4-5-1 formation:

Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross ©, Huth, Wilson; Walters, Whelan, Adam, Nzonzi, Kightly; Crouch.

Subs: Sorensen, Upson, Shotton, Whitehead, Etherington, Owen, Joness

The referee is Michael Oliver.

fernb8, 23 minutes ago #22

Steven Gerrard wants Luis Suarez to shake hands with Patrice Evra before the clash between Liverpool and Manchester United.

"The handshake is at the beginning of the match and they've got a responsibility to start the day off on a good note.

"I will speak to Suarez and my advice will be to shake hands and move on. Suarez will make his own decision. Of course he will. But I'd like to think he would want to move on himself."

Gerrard made his own call for calm, saying: "I'm sure the Liverpool and Manchester United fans know what the right thing to do is. There's a big game of football and a lot at stake at the weekend. But this is more important than football, what we're talking about.

"We all love football because of these rivalries. That can't stop. But there's a line."

Gerrard :wub:

Always remember that the Scousers are the enemy..

Remember ALL of Anfield singing Munich songs

Remember the Kop doing aeroplanes

Remember the Munich 58 banner on the Kop

Remember scousers slashing straight members and scaffers home AND away

Remember Main Road 85 & what was at stake

Remember that we stopped them doing the "Impossible" Treble

Remember ALL those flags mocking Munich at Heysel in '85

Remember 39 dead Italians and how they tried to blame everyone but themselves

Remember the bastards throwing CS Gas at our players at Anfield

Remember that utter UTTER c*nt Kenney Dalglish

Remember Anfield 1992 & how you felt after Rush scored

Remember 3-3 in 1994 & how it felt like a defeat

Remember the c*nt spitting on Eric as he went to lift The FA Cup

Remember Robbie Fowler and his four (now five) finger salute every time he scores against us

Remember that giant FC Bayern München flag at Anfield in 1999

Remember Paul Ince (and all of Anfield) thinking he had denied us the Title

Remember losing Five on the trot against them 2000-2002

Remember The BBC hailing the plastic treble as some sort of achievement

Remember them breaking the silence in honour of Georgie Best

Remember rick parry bleating on about the NY honours and Paisley & all that other shite, the f**king wanker!

Remember scousers complaining on 5Live that Sir Matt only got knighted because he survived the disaster

Remember Smiths ambulance & cups of sh*t at anfield

Remember the Shipman graffitti and smashed toilet facilities at OT '06.

Remember how you felt on the 25th of may 2005.

Just saw this on a man utd forum and it got me all pumped up for this match...I'm too young to knw about a few of these incidents but this just makes me hate Liverpool even more

• Like 1