The Android Thread

pArth

Man, the caught up with a wierd bug on S2. It has stopped recognizing simcard, any simcard. It shows 'crossed O' in the notification bar, in stead of the network bars.

Many users have experienced it but samsung haven't done anything about it. Went to to the service center, and they said they will upload official 2.3.5 and data may be lost. :-(

Arey it's not a big problem...I had the same problem when I was flashing CM on my SGS Captivate.

The Phone's MODEM file has gone kaput or is not working with the frequency your simcards are working on...Just flash a different MODEM file and you will be good to go.

No Data Loss, No formatting required.

Ask The Sammy guys if they can do that for you.

And anyways actually if they are gonna update it for you then use SMS backup+ to backup your SMSes and call logs, and Backup Pro or Titanium Backup (<- Root reqd I think) and then copy the SMSBACKUPLOG file (not really required) and the Backup / Titanium Backup Folder (depending on the app used) from you Root SDCARD onto your PC.

When the phone is given back to you just copy these two folders back onto the SDCARD and download the same two apps used for backing up from Market and restore everything :D

Man, the caught up with a wierd bug on S2. It has stopped recognizing simcard, any simcard. It shows 'crossed O' in the notification bar, in stead of the network bars.

Many users have experienced it but samsung haven't done anything about it. Went to to the service center, and they said they will upload official 2.3.5 and data may be lost. :-(

Had a friend who faced that issue. His imei was gone. Check if you also don't see the imei.

He eventually was given a replacement.

hello everyone,

i need some help regarding market the prices are appeare in pounds <_<

anyway i cud change it in rupee? :scratchchin:

also, pls let me know if theres any good launcher out there for free .? :bigyellowgrin:

for samsung galaxy note.

Edited by sameuun

Thanks. Will check these out. :)

Now, how do I get rid of this godforsaken default phone app? I have Launcherpro installed.

Edit go locker won't work without GO Launcher so searched for MIlocker and it's there.

Edited by achilles

Settings -> Applications -> All -> [name of stock launcher] -> "Clear Defaults".

Also try pressing the home button from within an app or a menu to see if its throws up a choice of launchers.

Yeah, i figured that out, have set launcher pro as default. But how does that help me with the phone app?