Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Review-Resident Evil 5

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Stevie G

Stevie G

FIFA 11, 12 & 13 Player of The Year

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,563 posts
  • PSN ID:xxzaanxx
In 1996 Capcom released a small game known as biohazard which marked the start of one of the biggest gaming franchises.13 years on 19 more games have been made for 9 different consoles(Atleast 1 more is confirmed in the form of resident evil portable) all of which turned out to be brilliant sellers so it was basically a matter of time before capcom unleashed its survival horror game on the next gen platforms.

Gameplay-Like Resident Evil 4 Resident evil 5 follows the third person shooter perspective with the same over the shoulder view,but unlike resi 4 a lot of the focus is based on co-op, co-op can be played online or offline.The main story can be played in co-op from start to finish with a player joining or leaving anytime he wants.Resi 5 also introduces majini a new enemy the AI of these majinis is not great and could have been better.Previous enemies and friends also make a return.With co-op being the main focus of the game the AI of ur partner is very important but thankfully Capcom seemed to have done a good job although at higher difficulties she may be a bit irritating in the way she uses the herbs.As co-op is the key area you can call ur partner asking for help and give and take guns and weapons from her.Weapons have received a complete overhaul with diffrent types of handguns,shotguns,machine guns, rifles ,magnums,rocket launcher and even a grenade launcher to choose from.The environment can also be used as a weapon as there are various transformers oil barrels and gas tanks to destroy.The cut scenes also include various quicktime events as in resi 4.In the later chapters the cover mechanism is used a new addition where in Chris takes cover from the majini s with machine guns.A criticism of Resi 5 is that its racist and promotes racisim yet it is anything but racist.Resident evil is not racist it just shows that African people as well can be infected by biohazards like people from europe and north america can.

Story- The game begins as Chris Redfield is deployed to Kijuju an imaginary place located in Africa, to join Sheva Alomar and capture Ricardo Irving, who is attempting to sell a bio-organic weapon on the black market . Along the way, they witness a local being fed a parasite, which quickly takes control of his body turning him into a Majini. From here on, almost all Kijuju locals seen by Chris and Sheva have been turned into Majini.The story is a pretty fun one and is very easy to understand and it is a direct sequel to the early resident evil games with a lot of history of umbrella revealed and a lot of things are made clear about Jill Valentine and Albert Wesker.

Graphics-Graphics is one area this game has basically no flaws the lighting is excellent, the environment is beautiful,cut scenes are well made,characters look real.Resi 5 is arguably one of the best games in terms of graphics.The game runs solid without any glitches.This game runs at a pretty solid frame rate.

Sound-Voice acting is better than previous games in the series yet still not great,music throughout the game is nice specially in the final levels.Sound effects are well done and play an important part in the game.

Replay value-The game takes about 12 hours to complete.The Game has an excellent amount of replay value,mercenaries mode which was present in 4 makes a return which also includes co-op both online and offline.The professional difficulty level is also unlocked once u have beaten the game on veteran.moreover finishing the game in less than 5 hours allows you to unlock unlimited rocket launchers. There are tons of unlockable content including 3 costumes for both Chris and Sheva,unlimited bullets for diffrent guns,2 special guns,figures of different characters which took me 7 playthroughs of the game to complete.

Conclusion-Resident Evil 5 is awesome yet at the same time it is more an action game than a survival horror game.Many fans might complain about this yet its still awesome as an action game.The lack of moving and shooting together might anger gears of war or dead space fans yet resi 5 does not need a move and shoot control mechanism.With excellent graphics,tons of unlockables,brilliant story and good gameplay resi 5 is a brilliant game yet when compared to the monster that resi 4 was it falls shot due to expectation.

Rating
Gameplay-85/100-

Graphics-98/100

Sound-85/100

Story-85/100

Replay Value-100/100

Overall Rating-91/100

Edited by xzaanx, 20 June 2009 - 05:07 PM.

Captain,Leader,Legend, Role Model

Results

http://www.indianvid...=9#entry1949290

flashfire_06

flashfire_06

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • PSN ID:flashfire_06
  • Now Playing:Killzone 3, LA noire
91/100...................seems too much
PS3 160GB NTSC J CECHP06
PS3 games- KILLZONE 2,METAL GEAR SOLID 4, GTA4, MOTORSTROM
UNCHARTED:DRAKES FORTUNE ,UNCHARTED 2,
INFAMOUS,BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM,GOD OF WAR 3,READ DEAD REDEMPTION

Stevie G

Stevie G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,563 posts

91/100...................seems too much

what do u think it deserves i may be wrong dis is just my first review

Results

TAG

TAG

Why Aren't My Legs Shaved?

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,219 posts
  • PSN ID:theamitgoyal
^^ Back your review man.

Everyone will never agree with what score you give. Some will think it merits more, and some will say it deserves less. As long as you have reviewed the game objectively and given your honest opinion, stand by it.

Stevie G

Stevie G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,563 posts

^^ Back your review man.

Everyone will never agree with what score you give. Some will think it merits more, and some will say it deserves less. As long as you have reviewed the game objectively and given your honest opinion, stand by it.

thnx dat really helps

Results

Assassins Creed

Assassins Creed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • XBL GT:Bengalooru
  • PSN ID:Bengalooru
Awesome review buddy.... I just started the game 2 days back.. playing chapter 3-1, till nw my fav parts the motor cycle sequence, shooting frm the jeep using minigun and the boss fight after tht Brilliantly done!!

The JACKAL

The JACKAL

angry "I am not a kid" CHUZA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts
  • XBL GT:A Jolly Sunbro
  • PSN ID:DiabloAKaSaha
  • Steam:The JACKAL
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls 2
i would give the story a 65/100 and Replay value 80/100. Your review is ok . But an overall of 91/10 for Re5 ...seriously??, Im a fan of the Resident Evil series and i was totally dissapointed with this game. And ur review is too short and its not detailed, for gameplay, u havent even mentioned the fustration involved while transfering items from 1 players inventory to the other. Ur better off previewing games.

Edited by Saha, 01 July 2009 - 01:26 AM.

Mass Effect 3 veteran. Silver Solo , Gold duo , Plat ready Demolisher.... All that remains is Diamond difficulty.

"Better a rainy day in the hills than a sunny day in the office"

Harsahil

Harsahil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts
  • PSN ID:daywa7k3r84
^^i agree
Re4>Re5 anyday :D

infamous_girl

infamous_girl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • PSN ID:kaush82
  • Now Playing:hitman
okay i m a resident evil fan so being a bit partial towards it i would give it 90/100 overall..

Stevie G

Stevie G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,563 posts

Awesome review buddy.... I just started the game 2 days back.. playing chapter 3-1, till nw my fav parts the motor cycle sequence, shooting frm the jeep using minigun and the boss fight after tht Brilliantly done!!

thnx how many times did u die in d boss fight i remember dying close to 10 times in 2.3

Edited by xzaanx, 01 July 2009 - 01:57 PM.

Results

Stevie G

Stevie G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,563 posts

^^i agree
Re4>Re5 anyday :cheers:

ive mentioned dat

Results

Stevie G

Stevie G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,563 posts

i would give the story a 65/100 and Replay value 80/100. Your review is ok . But an overall of 91/10 for Re5 ...seriously??, Im a fan of the Resident Evil series and i was totally dissapointed with this game. And ur review is too short and its not detailed, for gameplay, u havent even mentioned the fustration involved while transfering items from 1 players inventory to the other. Ur better off previewing games.

i agree i have forgotten d inventory thing which actually i liked its more realistic u probably dont use d co-op features dats y u find it frustrating secondly dis is my first review so im bound to make mistakes thirdly if u didnt know d story ders know way u wud be not surprised by what happens in chapter 5.3 and not get interested by it, if u haven t finished d game on veteran den u wuldnt know about d unbelievable tough professional mode if u have played merecenaries u would know its very enjoyable added to that unlockable costumes unlockable infinite ammo unlockable figures i think dat ders enough content der moreover i ve mentioned in my review dat resi 5 is more an action game dan a survival horror

Results

RV1709

RV1709

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • XBL GT:RV1709
  • PSN ID:RV1709
i agree with your review.
the replay factor is huge. i've clocked in around 100 hours already with mercenaries, versus mode and beating the campaign on other levels
for me re5> re4

Edited by Rahul V, 01 July 2009 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

Karooo

Karooo

kk chill np hug

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,855 posts
its a good review :ack:

Stevie G

Stevie G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,563 posts

i agree with your review.
the replay factor is huge. i've clocked in around 100 hours already with mercenaries, versus mode and beating the campaign on other levels
for me re5> re4

u got d platinum trophy?? if u want any help regarding it pm me

Results

Stevie G

Stevie G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,563 posts

its a good review :coolspeak:

thnx i hope u will be as nice wen we play fifa

Results

RV1709

RV1709

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
  • XBL GT:RV1709
  • PSN ID:RV1709

u got d platinum trophy?? if u want any help regarding it pm me

nope, i havent :rofl:
Posted Image

Harsahil

Harsahil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

ive mentioned dat

i was emphasizing ur point only.. and a good review.. atleast in my view cos it is written by a hardcore RE fan.. but honestly this game deserves a rating between 80-90/100.. RE4 was the only game that was above 90 mark in RE series ;) however i do love this game for its co-op esp due to my awesome co-op sessions with feloow GIian buddy Phaseolus. but the story was disappointing just like RE3 story was... RE1 and 2 had awesome storyline IMO.. and RE4 story was also decent but the best feeling was to see how Leon could stand against so many dangerous enemies who were hell bent on killing him.. :scratchchin: that really gave a feeling that Leon is powerful and well trained. :hi2:

Tyler

Tyler

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,754 posts
  • XBL GT:PsychoBoyTyler
  • PSN ID:PsychoBoyTyler
  • Steam:PsychoBoyTyler
IMO RE2 is still > all.

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,962 posts
  • XBL GT:markettantrik
  • PSN ID:markettantrik
  • Steam:markettantrik
@Xzanz: Pop some valium. Too much serial posting.

The JACKAL

The JACKAL

angry "I am not a kid" CHUZA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,459 posts
  • XBL GT:A Jolly Sunbro
  • PSN ID:DiabloAKaSaha
  • Steam:The JACKAL
  • Now Playing:Dark Souls 2

IMO RE2 is still > all.

hmm maybe, but Re1 still had the best story. The itchy tasty file from Re1 was pretty famous.

Mass Effect 3 veteran. Silver Solo , Gold duo , Plat ready Demolisher.... All that remains is Diamond difficulty.

"Better a rainy day in the hills than a sunny day in the office"

Tyler

Tyler

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,754 posts
  • XBL GT:PsychoBoyTyler
  • PSN ID:PsychoBoyTyler
  • Steam:PsychoBoyTyler
RE1 was pure cheeseball B-movie shlock to the max...

...and I loved it for that. :)

Harsahil

Harsahil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,843 posts

IMO RE2 is still > all.

Re2 was the first Resident Evil game i have played... and i really loved that game.. in fact it is also my fav in the series.. i have spent lot of time playing that game.. ended all the 4 scenarios.. that game was a pretty lengthy game according to the standards at that time apart from MGS and Silent hill.. these r the 3 games that i bought together one day and i can never forget that day.. it was like my first experience of an ultimate gaming heaven... :)

krammikk

krammikk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • PSN ID:krammikk8844
maybe not a 91,but say...80-86.The girl pissed me off, running off and all.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly.
Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.

Stevie G

Stevie G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,563 posts

maybe not a 91,but say...80-86.The girl pissed me off, running off and all.

dats ur view mate and i respect it

Results

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users