Persona 3 Portable

KeezNah

p3plogo.jpg

From Destructoid:

Persona 3 is going portable, jumping from the PlayStation 2 to the PSP. This was confirmed in the latest Famitsu, who also says that there will be a new main character -- a female. In the scan, you can see this main character as well as what appears to be a female persona. We're with Siliconera in saying that this looks like a female Orpheus. I don't know what all of this is about, but I hope a sex change was not involved.

So that's great: a portable Persona 3 is coming, following up the excellent (and upcoming) Persona 1. But where the hell is Persona 2? I've been daydreaming of getting both parts of the Persona 2 story on one UMD. I think they're holding out on us.

As far as Persona 3 Portable is concerned, there's no other details or release dates. I'd say that you can be pretty sure that Atlus USA is going to pick this one up for us.

... [update 2: Destructoid's Unloved Krow sends us a new scan, this time showing both the male and female main characters. Also, a release date of November 1st is given for Japan.]

[update 3: Kotaku reports that you will be able to control all your party members manually.]

:rofl:

Screenshots:

21mw4jp.jpg

t9ecuo.jpg

hsuauf.jpg

Videos:

burn your dread~

http://i.neoseeker.com/gg/uploads/news/8-2...img_24047_4.jpg

some tidbits from neogaf:

It's a port of Persona 3, with selectable protagonist. There will be certain things unique to the female route, and there will be some new additions to the male route as well. Otherwise it's the same game with various improvements. Apparently there'll be 5 difficulty levels, and like in P4, you can set your party members on manual control. The game is coming out on 1st Nov.

It also looks like they're adding new music to the game, and they're definitely rearranging social stuff for the female side, and adding new events. It also says that a downloadable version will launch at the same time as the retail version, and the voice actress for the female main character is Marina Inoue. I guess that's all of the valuable info I can glean from the scans at this point.

Wow, they got rid of free exploration and made everything menu-driven for non-Tartarus stuff.

Instead of moving around freely, you move a circular cursor around to select who you want to talk to, or where you want to enter (in the case of the mall).

It kinda makes sense to have a selectable gender for the main character. It seems the games were designed with a male player in mind.

Also, what's the big deal about the main character's voice actor? Usually the only thing they actually "say" in the game is "PERSONA!" (or the name of the Persona).

• 1 year later...

man I am ******* loving this

didn't sleep the whole night playing it'

just completed disgaea a few days ago and it's awesomeness left me wanting for more

P3p fills that void

now excuse me while I walk yuri to home

Kendo team manager Yuko Nishiwaki. Yeah pursuing that social link too.

haha can't remember all the chicks name

way too many

btw how do you start a link with you fellow female team mate

I phail at that

Don't know the numerical variants, the game said that if I want to hang out with Mitsuru I needed genius ranking.

A friend of mine told this

if you have noticed already, academics level up far more slowly than the other two,

maybe that's why you have many opportunities to increase it,

I found offering money in great condition as the best one

academics + 10k yen

^^

yes finally level 20

been fighting all alone,

uki & the treasurer link on the rocks

kenji link maxed

yukari...................... HALP!!!!

also guys I found that if you lose & don't use the plume then you'll get persona 3 opening

Archived