The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Aftrunner

The game looks stunning, but i haven't played the first witcher :( ... Is it necessary to play the 1st part to understand the story?

Thinking of per-ordering the 360 edition.

plz play the first one....its totally worth it

IF you have a PC the first one is worth playing but TBH this isnt really like a proper story line continuing sequel. You will be fine starting with 2 if you cant play the first one.

Just be wary that the game doesnt really hold hands or dish out exposition when it comes to story and characters, it expects you to pay attention and remember who's who. So there will be times when you will be lost when a name gets thrown about. But then again I played the first one AND read the book but even then I was lost at times. So its perfectly normal if you end up feeling clueless now and then when it comes to off screen characters that you dont see. It doesnt last long. You wise up pretty quickly.

Just pay attention to the writing and stick with the story and it will be fine.

^^AFAIK only Blood of the elves and The last wish are the two that have been translated to english so far. Both of them are on flipkart I think. I have only read The last wish, BotE is on the to do list.

The game looks stunning, but i haven't played the first witcher :( ... Is it necessary to play the 1st part to understand the story?

Thinking of per-ordering the 360 edition.

it's not essential but you really should play it anyway. personally i think it's one of the 2 best rpgs of the last decade. it goes down to 2$ on steam sales regularly, so just wait for that and grab it when it happens.

anyone here who already own a pc copy of the game but still gonna buy/pre-order the 360 version???

yea i will.not set in stone yet though, but probably.

^^AFAIK only Blood of the elves and The last wish are the two that have been translated to english so far. Both of them are on flipkart I think. I have only read The last wish, BotE is on the to do list.

I'm confirming with someone in Poland they say there was a english and was available only in Poland

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Dark Edition sold out in the US

Almost two weeks before its premiere, the Dark Edition of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings has been sold out in the United States. A few weeks ago we informed, that this edition is no longer available in Europe.

''It’s great news for us, that the Dark Edition was such a success worldwide. I hope players will appreciate the gadgets we prepared for them. We’d like to remind you that there are still remaining copies of The Enhanced Edition of The Witcher 2. By buying this version of the game you still get more, than you would expect from a standard Xbox game. Apart from the manual and the game itself it contains an official soundtrack CD, a quest handbook and a world map.'' – said Michał Nowakowski, member of CD Projekt RED’s board.

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings will be available for Xbox 360 and PC on April 17th. On the 5th of April CDP RED will host a conference in its HQ. During a streamed presentation we will present more details regarding the upcoming release.

SOURCE : LINK

Cant wait :bigyellowgrin: for the X360 version

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Dark Edition sold out in the US

SOURCE : LINK

Cant wait :bigyellowgrin: for the X360 version

Great news.

I hope people buy the sh*t out of this on the 360. And if it comes to the PS3 I hope people buy the sh*t out of this there as well.

Deserves every single sale it gets.

Archived