Brink

pArth

Borderlands was the first thing that came to my mind as well, except this looks a lot nicer and the environments are more appealing (imho).

Very Mirror's Edge-y too!

• 1 month later...
Despite Splash Damage’s ambitions to meld single-, multiplayer and cooperative games, those wanting to go through the entire game on their can still very much do so. And according to CEO Paul Wedgwood there’s a whole lot of game there to enjoy, too.

“It’s massive!,” Wedgewood said about the single-player campaign in a recent interview. “This is a game that has been built from the outset as a heavily narrative-driven story by full-time writers. We’re making use of techniques like performance capturing - so we get really good physical performances from actors along with their facial expressions and voices and their interaction with other actors - to build a game that has a really strong narrative component that isn’t just a highly replayable shooter.”

To consider what they’re doing a success, Wedgewood says, the single-player experience should be “as compelling as any other triple-A shooter.”

Brink devs: PS3 technology is 'alien'

Brink is looking to revolutionize the way players look at multiplayer. Splash Damage's latest shooter features a seamless integration between both modes, with an emphasis on accessibility for gamers of all experience levels.

As if living up to the innovative premise they've established isn't daunting enough, Splash Damage is also faced with another challenge - transitioning from a PC-only studio to a multiplatform developer. It's a task that has concerned Splash Damage from the onset of the project, especially in regards to the complex architecture of the PS3.

"To me as a game director there are some things that are just alien, like PlayStation 3 technology and job systems, that I find it really difficult to get my head around," Splash Damage CEO Paul Wedgwood expressed just recently.

Luckily, the London-based studio has hired some of the best talent around to help develop for the consoles, including Heavenly Sword's lead programmer Dean Calver and Killzone 2's lead level designer Neil Alphonso.

Archived