Bodycount

Aftrunner

Name Bodycount

Developer Codemasters

Release Date TBA

Platforms TBA (Multi platform most likely)

2j2huu1.jpg

The new shooter from the creators of Black, Bodycount, is exclusively revealed on the cover of the new issue of OXM - going out to subscribers now.

The game is being developed at Codemasters Guildford by a team headed by Stuart Black, who worked on the cult FPS that shares his name when at Criterion.

Several other key members of the Black team have joined him at Codemasters to work on Bodycount, which is a spectacular and frankly mental first-person shooter.

We can't say any more about it, save to say that if you like shooting guns in games you are going to really, really love it. Find out more in the issue itself: the mag's going out to subscribers today, and will be in newsagents on Thursday 11th March. Look out for the fancy cardboard wallet with the big hole in, our testament to the game's ridiculous levels of destruction.

Avoid the shitty cutscenes, give us a proper save system and make the AI a little less a*s backwards retarded and we have a deal.

I think we have a deal either way. I loved Black the way it was. Cheesy, flawed and downright fkin awesome.

But seriously if you make a PC port please for the love of GOD put some work into it. I can't deal with broken PC games anymore.

^^ :doh:

Realising in the chaos of a heavy gun battle the heavy mix of sound and music would produce a cacophony of noise, the sound designers developed the "choir of guns" concept. Whereas, traditionally in a shooter game, each weapon model would be assigned a different sound, Black assigns each enemy their own "voice", similar to the way in which each member of a choir would have their own distinct voice. For example, there are three enemies firing, one would be assigned a low voice, another a medium voice, and the third a high voice. This allows all the weapons being fired in any particular scene to harmonise and deliver a distinct sound for the game. Black's sound was nominated for Best Audio at 2006 BAFTA Video Games Awards, and won Best Art & Sound jointly with Burnout Revenge at the 2006 Develop Industry Excellence Awards.
:giggle: I didn't understand the high voice and low voice thing... what was that supposed to mean ? :P

and yeah, I played Black on the xbox and it was :doh: at that time... destruction et al

edit: I took that off wikipedia

Not really, it looks like someone rubbed snot all over some KZ2 shots.

Also here is a free tip Codies. Green and Brown do not go well together.

Yeah it looks like KZ2 in green :eyebrow:

Lazy bums carried over the same gun model with almost same level of detail from the last Black game! Some screenies from the original Black, which on a side note, look awesome for a PS2 game.

black5.jpg

black_1.jpg

Edit: just notice the first screenie shooting at the watchtower in old and new Black. Its the same shot, only hi-def, this time.

The game designer drew inspiration from Lady Gaga and thats quite clear from these screenshots. Still hoping the Codies will pull it off.

"This is hyperbole but we really mean it," says Black, who feels that the current crop of AAA shooters -- while excellent titles -- are backwards-looking, creatively. He cites Lady Gaga's performance at the Glastonbury music festival as revelatory, and says that J.J. Abrams' reboot of the Star Trek movie franchise last year was also foundational to the direction he wants to take the franchise -- both are cited in terms of their approach and attitude, says Black.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/27570/Q...dio_Refocus.php

Archived