Arcania: Gothic 4

Arcania_PC.jpg

Developer: EU Spellbound Entertainment

Platforms: X360, PC, PS3

Publisher: EU - JoWooD Entertainment, NA - DreamCatcher Interactive

Release date: Q3 2010

Genre: Role-playing

Gameplay:

ArcaniA: Gothic 4 is set in a rich world that invites the player to explore all of its innumerable attractions and detailed landscapes. Different climate zones, abundant flora and fauna, subterranean vaults, cities and castles with breathtaking architecture await the adventurer. Clouds darken the skies, wind and heavy rain influence the game world; and with its striking graphics, day/night cycles and stunning display of light and shadow, the player will be fascinated endlessly. Masterful scores and sound effects create a truly immersive playing environment, and a multitude of challenging quests filled with tactical combat, along with a captivating plot, guarantee endless hours of highly entertaining gameplay.

The Southern Islands await!

Story:

War covers the Southern Islands like a blood-drenched shroud, and finally, War reaches the idyllic Isle of Feshyr in the Southern Seas. The protagonist of ArcaniA: Gothic 4 returns from a quest to find his village pillaged and looted. The attacking ships, with an Eagle displayed on their billowing sails, escape over the horizon.

Seeking revenge, our Hero leaves the destroyed city behind and soon realizes that the cowardly attack did not just happen on a reckless whim - an evil power lays waiting at the threshold of his world, and our Hero will need to face this nameless force. Yet he is not alone - his fate is linked to a beautiful, mysterious woman, as well as a powerful artifact from the long-forgotten past.

Screenshots:

arcania_01.jpg

arcania_03.jpg

arcania_09.jpg

Videos:

E3 2010 Gameplay 1

[gt]700808[/gt]

E3 2010 Gameplay 2

[gt]700806[/gt]

Links:

Official Site

Different developer so lets hope for the best.

This looks a lot like Risen (which itself was Gothic 4 in spirit) and I freakin' loved that game!

Bug-ridden or otherwise, this is a day one Steam purchase for me.

• 2 months later...
PC Minimum Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon II x2 @ 2.8 GHz

* Memory: 2 GB RAM

* Graphics:GeForce 8800 GTX

* DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c or higher

* Hard Drive: 9 GB HDD Space

* Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card

PC Recommended Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core I7 @ 3 GHz / AMD Phenom II x4 @ 3 GHz

* Memory: 4 GB RAM

* Graphics: GeForce GTX 295

Say what you will about bugs and whatnot but I honestly dont think there is a better looking game coming out this year.

arc_scr_1208_10j1rq.jpg

arc_scr_1208_011n3hb.jpg

201081311954_1.jpg

960338_20100423_screen001.jpg

You can probably get "medium" level of settings on something very slightly above the Minimum requirement. Recommended is usually to get a consistently good framerate on high resolution with most settings on high.

All things considered the required specs arent that high, especially for a game that looks that good. 4 GB RAM and 295 GTX isnt exactly cutting edge. We are talking about a GPU thats two hardware lifecycles old.

i7 is a big requirement, even though prices have just dropped. GTX295 isn't that a high end DX10 card? afaik it can still compete with mid-range new hardware. Makes me think that they as usual haven't written very optimized code. Make the graphics pretty and let the CPU / GPU handle it.

I think this looks worse than Witcher 2. Now Witcher 2 can have those recommended specs.

Well now, 8800GTX is also a high end DX10 card. So is ATI 4850. Doesnt exactly make them cutting edge. Yeah the proccy requirements seem a bit high but TBH there isnt anything outlandish in recommended specs.

As far as worse than Witcher 2, well I guess thats subjective. To me it definitely looks as good as anything shown off in the Witcher videos if not better.

PC Minimum Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8 GHz / AMD Athlon II x2 @ 2.8 GHz

* Memory: 2 GB RAM

* Graphics:GeForce 8800 GTX :ko:

PC Recommended Requirements

* Processor: Intel Core I7 @ 3 GHz / AMD Phenom II x4 @ 3 GHz

* Memory: 4 GB RAM :samui: (3.25GB here)

* Graphics: GeForce GTX 295 :nerves:

Afty.. :surprise:

BS..Looks fake too me :thumbdown:

Witcher 2 not in development any more....

damn that does look good. but as someone mentioned, so did gothic 3. the nonsense happens when you stop looking at the pretty graphics and start playing the game. but still, will definitely check out the demo at least. heck i have risen downloaded and lying on my hard drive as well, i should get around to that some time too.

Archived