Advertisement
Welcome to IndianVideoGamer.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Play-Asia Thread

• Please log in to reply
2006 replies to this topic

arjun

arjun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • XBL GT:aka arj
  • PSN ID:aka_arj
  • Steam:aka_arj
lol i got mine yesterday ... took only 1 and a half days from when the order was shipped .... :bash:

MAK

MAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
  • XBL GT:IGL MaK
  • PSN ID:Makatak9777
  • Now Playing:Destiny MP
^^ possible as Xephy got his XCM VGA Box today too which was ordered from PA,but not sure what packaging he asked for...
Posted Image

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Time To Hype!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts
  • PSN ID:HOTPIXEL-US

Got my DS3 remote today it was ordered on the 9th with all the holiday's going on it took around 15 days with free shipping i must say PA's shipping was perfect with no customs by the way... :bash:

I guess mine will take 3 more days then as it was shipped on 12th dec. Or I get it next year. Whats all these custom thing? Are there any custom hassels involved here?
-p

MAK

MAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
^^ not sure how the customs work mine came thru without any custom issue i opted free shipping and bubble packaging,after reading on the forums i believe if you choose free box packaging (there could be delays and customs could stop it) and if you choose courrier (Fed-Ex,UPS etc...) you will be charged for customs i had no hurry for the DS3 and opted for free shipping and bubble and it came thru in 14days during holiday season.... Im happy with that..
Posted Image

arjun

arjun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts
  • XBL GT:aka arj
  • PSN ID:aka_arj
  • Steam:aka_arj
i had to pay 2k customs on a 2.5k order + i paid shippind fedex 1400.... worked out to almost triple but had to use fedex as i needed the stuff asap ....

MAK

MAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
Just ordered God of War II from PA free shipping and bubble packaging lets see how many days that takes will keep you all posted...
Posted Image

XephY

XephY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • XBL GT:oXephYo
  • PSN ID:XephY

^^ possible as Xephy got his XCM VGA Box today too which was ordered from PA,but not sure what packaging he asked for...

Yeah I'd chosen bubble , and it was shipped on the 17th (Free shipping) . Got it today :wallbash:

XephY

XephY

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • XBL GT:oXephYo
  • PSN ID:XephY

Just ordered God of War II from PA free shipping and bubble packaging lets see how many days that takes will keep you all posted...

NTSC - J ? :wallbash:

MAK

MAK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts
^^ yup yup
Posted Image

Daedalus

Daedalus

Daddu McLovin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,788 posts
  • XBL GT:arc4de fire
i had a separate order for Ac and another for WE 08 and mass effect..i chose bubble
both shipped the same day...the 2nd order came 1 day late(took 10days) but i had to pay customs 400 bux...i think the bigger packing caught the custom officers eye..
<div align="center">NDSlite|PS2|360|PS3|PSP|GBA</div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.playfire....m/anksam/games" target="_blank">My Games.</a></div>

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Time To Hype!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts
I have another 2 big orders awaited from Amazon US and UK. Hope they don't get caught with the custom. This whole custom business sounds scary. Does anyone have prior experience with Amazon shipping/import?
-p

IMBender

IMBender

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • XBL GT:Ne0phyteMax
My PA package was shipped on the 17th through regular Economy Air Box and it's here today morning. Except that it's got the wrong game. Asked for TR Anniversary and got GH3 instead. But effin' cares. Its GH3! But yeah, got here in one awesome piece....
Face it, kid. Provoking a reaction isn't the same thing as saying something significant
- Calvin

The Angry Pixel Blog
Xbox Live GT - Ne0phyteMax
Steam Community

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,962 posts
  • XBL GT:markettantrik
  • PSN ID:markettantrik
  • Steam:markettantrik
^^ You've got to be kidding me :shock3:

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,962 posts

I have another 2 big orders awaited from Amazon US and UK. Hope they don't get caught with the custom. This whole custom business sounds scary. Does anyone have prior experience with Amazon shipping/import?

I've ordered some HD-DVDs from Amazon in the past. I usually choose expedited international shipping and pay nominal customs charges on the shipment.

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Time To Hype!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

I've ordered some HD-DVDs from Amazon in the past. I usually choose expedited international shipping and pay nominal customs charges on the shipment.

I chose the shippings with least charges available.

Amazon.com(Shipped via Standard Intl Shipping):
Item Subtotal: $104.95
Shipping & Handling: $8.98

Amazon.co.uk(Shipped via International Mail):
Subtotal: 25.51
Delivery Charge: 3.58

Not sure if custom is part of it or I still have to pay additionally for it.

Edited by HotPiXel, 26 December 2007 - 06:11 PM.

-p

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,962 posts
I guessing you have ordered several items. So the package could be quite bulky and will likely attract the attention of customs and you could have to pay some duty on it

Spoiler

Keyofx

Keyofx

IVG Hall of Fame Member

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,935 posts
  • XBL GT:Keyofx
  • PSN ID:Keyofx
  • Steam:Keyofx
  • Now Playing:TDU 2
^^ ouch.

Consoles/Handhelds/PC: Atari 2600/NES/Sega MegaDrive/PlayStation 2/Nintendo DS/Xbox 360/PlayStation 3/PlayStation Vita/i5 4670+GTX 770

I'll show you that a superior mobile suit has its limits when it goes up against a superior pilot!

ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

• IVG Author
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts
  • XBL GT:DaalTadka
  • PSN ID:DaalTadka
Yup! He got that alright. Bugger was elated when he opened the package, even though there was no Lady Croft waiting inside.

Managed to wrangle out the GH3 copy from his death-grip somehow. Made a 3 hour long traffic-infested trip to his place and back but finally I have the game with me now. So what if I had to let go of my COD4 and Orange Box copy?

Now I hope he gets that Simpsons game as well pretty soon.

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Time To Hype!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

I guessing you have ordered several items. So the package could be quite bulky and will likely attract the attention of customs and you could have to pay some duty on it

Spoiler

Not several item. Single item from each site. Aarrg! this whole import business is fishy. I would rather arrange for an officla trip and get the stuff myself.
-p

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,962 posts
What did you buy worth US$ 100 ? Is it bulky ?

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Time To Hype!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

What did you buy worth US$ 100 ? Is it bulky ?

I guess it would be. It's Harry Potter 1-5 years Gift Set. How do we even know if custom is holding our shipments?
-p

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,962 posts
^^ you can expect a customs charge on that.

You will have to go the customs office at your local airport and check if the package is lying with them.

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Time To Hype!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

You will have to go the customs office at your local airport and check if the package is lying with them.

You mean there is no way I will get any notification. Also it is totally on us to go and check ourselves to see if they are holding any of our shipments,right?

Damn! Great Indian Custom Dept.
-p

lastAvenger

lastAvenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts
  • XBL GT:lastAvenger
  • PSN ID:lastAvenger
Amazon actually ships To India ?

Btw i ordered an unlocker kit from xbox-modchips.com recommended by Vinit,

Its been 7 days and they have not even given me a tracking number or any kind of response that the item has shipped :/

I Chose International Air shipping which cost me abt 12$ since the unlocker itself was for that much.

I contacted the support like 3-4 days back and still haven't received a response

lastAvenger

lastAvenger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts
  • XBL GT:lastAvenger
  • PSN ID:lastAvenger
btw whenever my stuff comes from US or some other country, customs usually attaches a bill with the amount. I just have to pay that amount to the postal fellow who comes for the delivery

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,962 posts

You mean there is no way I will get any notification. Also it is totally on us to go and check ourselves to see if they are holding any of our shipments,right?

Damn! Great Indian Custom Dept.

Usually your friendly neighborhood postman will drop by with the package and a customs challan for the amount of duty you have to pay. On payment, he will hand over the package to you. In case you are not at the delivery address when he arrives, he will leave a small chit mentioning the amount of duty payable and the time at which you should come to the post office and pick up the package. The post office will have a special "delivery window" which is usually open for only 1 hour in the morning (from 10am to 11 am), during which time you can pick up the package.

This has been my experience with the "Expedited Int'l Shipping" option on Amazon. This option causes the package to become a "registered post delivery" on arrival in India, so the postal department takes special care of your package, but it also means that customs is usually payable on it.

When I have ordered from "Allposters.com", it comes through normal postal delivery and since no customs is payable Allposters items (posters, pictures, t-shirts, etc.) the postman will hand it over to whoever is there at the delivery address.

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

If I started another forum it would be called Desaibaba.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,775 posts
  • XBL GT:HPSam
  • PSN ID:HPS-IVG
  • Steam:HundredProofSam
received fatal inertia today from PA (shipped on Nov 30)...took nearly a month

it was opened by customs and i was charged Rs 187 (on the muthaf**kin cop) on a Rs 900 game

lesson learned: for free shipping from PA use air bubble, not box

peace
"This is no place for a horse"

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Hot-Drake-Pixel

Time To Hype!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,019 posts

Usually your friendly neighborhood postman will drop by with the package and a customs challan for the amount of duty you have to pay. On payment, he will hand over the package to you. In case you are not at the delivery address when he arrives, he will leave a small chit mentioning the amount of duty payable and the time at which you should come to the post office and pick up the package. The post office will have a special "delivery window" which is usually open for only 1 hour in the morning (from 10am to 11 am), during which time you can pick up the package.

This has been my experience with the "Expedited Int'l Shipping" option on Amazon. This option causes the package to become a "registered post delivery" on arrival in India, so the postal department takes special care of your package, but it also means that customs is usually payable on it.

When I have ordered from "Allposters.com", it comes through normal postal delivery and since no customs is payable Allposters items (posters, pictures, t-shirts, etc.) the postman will hand it over to whoever is there at the delivery address.

This is some relief, really. Thanks for all the clarifications,MT.

I have tipped our friendly neighborhood postman handsomely during diwali. Hope he turns up soon w/wo custom chalan.
-p

HundredProofSam

HundredProofSam

If I started another forum it would be called Desaibaba.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,775 posts
  • XBL GT:HPSam
  • PSN ID:HPS-IVG
  • Steam:HundredProofSam
^^ i did that too....its not under the post office's control...so no matter how much u paid ur postman, u will get charged customs

peace
"This is no place for a horse"

MarketTantrik

MarketTantrik

Effective Mass

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,962 posts
^^ Yup, unless you have been partying with your local customs inspector