Hydro Thunder Hurricane

Right

Developer: Vector Unit

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Platform(s): XBLA

Modes: Single-player, Multiplayer, Online Multiplayer

Release: Live on XBLA

Hydro Thunder Hurricane is a Xbox Live Arcade game released on July 28th, 2010 for 1200 Microsoft Points, or $15. It is a sequel/remake of Hydro Thunder,

More than a mere "HD upgrade" of the classic game, Hydro Thunder Hurricane is full-featured sequel fans have been waiting for. With top-notch visuals, brand new over-the-top themed environments and dynamic water-based racing, Hydro Thunder is bigger, better and more awesome than ever...

Trailer:

Screenies:

hydrothunderhurricane20.th.jpghydrothunderhurricane20.th.jpghydrothunderhurricane20.th.jpghydrothunderhurricane20.th.jpg

_____

Tried the demo last night, it is not as bad as some of the reviews point out, a lil overpriced for certain though.

I'm also reviewing Limbo. That makes up for 10 bad games. So don't feel too bad for me.

peace

Looking forward to it. Limbo, by the looks of it, definitely gears up to be on of the definitive puzzle games! As for Hydro Thunder, points out: *no originality* :fear:

• 2 weeks later...

So finally bought this yesterday. A friend came over and had lot of split-screen fun. The local MP is total blast but I still have to try online, which I would like to do when I have better boats unlocked.

I liked the progression in this..I mean the way boats and levels are unlocked, a lot of gratification in early stages if you hit the podiums, both in terms of achievements and unlocks. And they have done good job with different modes as well.

All in all, It's a good fun game and demo may not seem reflective of how good the full game is, it is certainly worth buying.

Archived